Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #31
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu33nz Knick
3. What does Allan Houstons player contract have to do with what kind of GM he would be? That's like saying Phil Jackson wouldn't be a good coach because he was a scrub when he played, COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. He may even learn from the mistake the Knicks made on him.

Completely agree.

It is pretty asinine to make the connection from player to GM.

MJ was the greatest player of all time, yet he drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison.

The two just do not correlate (Houston's contract and GM abilities)
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #32
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That Varejao thread got deleted, I apologise because it's been probably my fault.

I don't think it was your fault at all.I think it was the heated "racist" debate I got into.

Quote:
Completely agree.

It is pretty asinine to make the connection from player to GM.

MJ was the greatest player of all time, yet he drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison.

The two just do not correlate (Houston's contract and GM abilities)

Read further into the discussion.I explain a little better.I didnt just get it out of left field.To your Jordan point,that's exactly why I dont like ex-all star players to be GMs. The tend to have little patience with developing talent.Especially MJ.They expect players to be as good as them in a short period of time.The NBA is different now.Guys dont just come in the league and make impacts right away because very few of the top guys stay in college.Especially big men (which we need)
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
That Varejao thread got deleted, I apologise because it's been probably my fault.

Anyways I do think Robin Lopez would be cheaper and better.
But as long as we get a defensive C Varejao would do.
I am afraid that MDA doesn't concur that a defensive C is our biggest need.

Mayo/Ellis/Crawford = more scoring, little defense = not our priority.

that is true, but i liked Crawford when he was in NY, and if we can convince him to stay in NY for below the 10mil price tag, he would be a great 2nd unit type player. Our starting lineup, offensively, is set, just need to tweak the center position and Crawford would serve as a decent backup to pg and sg (its not like we use more than 8 players)

Robin Lopez for the short term would actually be great, just have him play off amare and tell him to concentrate on blocking and rebounding.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what about getting Nick Young?He's like Jamal Crawford Jr lol

As for Robin Lopez,I wouldnt mind having him long term.If you get him now, sign him to an extension,we could essentially have an Anderson Varejao for less than half the price.Not as good a rebounder but I actually like his on ball defense better.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #35
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nick young would be good but hes still immature, and i doubt washington will trade a nice "young" talent now that they freed up some space with arenas gone. He is their up and comming starting shooting guard.

but if hes get-able, by all means go for it

more than getting young, i would go after mcgee, hes an athletic 7-footer and a real good shot blocker.

Last edited by bluechox2 : 12-23-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #36
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
nick young would be good but hes still immature, and i doubt washington will trade a nice "young" talent now that they freed up some space with arenas gone. He is their up and comming starting shooting guard.

but if hes get-able, by all means go for it

more than getting young, i would go after mcgee, hes an athletic 7-footer and a real good shot blocker.
Javale McGee is a bonehead with no understanding of the game. For every step forward he takes two back.

About a month ago I was watching a few minutes of a Wizards game at a friend's house. I gave McGee props on a play where he got dunked on by the big foreign kid on the Celtics. I gave him credit on the play because even though he was over-aggressive on his decision to help on a driver McGee was aware enough of what was going on around him to complain that Gilbert Arenas didn't collapse to pressure the Foreigner's attempt. McGee struggled with awareness so I liked that he saw that Arenas didn't help.

Well since then McGee has no only gone back to no situational awareness he's now also making incredibly stupid decisions on the floor. Case in point. I was there in person for the play against Miami. The entire building in unison said "what the f**k was that?".

Oh and he's just as bad a decision maker off the floor. Not only did he go to the Shadow Room (an uppity DC with a terrible DJ) either this weekend or last but he got into a fight with Andray Blatche outside the club.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #37
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Javale McGee is a bonehead with no understanding of the game. For every step forward he takes two back.

About a month ago I was watching a few minutes of a Wizards game at a friend's house. I gave McGee props on a play where he got dunked on by the big foreign kid on the Celtics. I gave him credit on the play because even though he was over-aggressive on his decision to help on a driver McGee was aware enough of what was going on around him to complain that Gilbert Arenas didn't collapse to pressure the Foreigner's attempt. McGee struggled with awareness so I liked that he saw that Arenas didn't help.

Well since then McGee has no only gone back to no situational awareness he's now also making incredibly stupid decisions on the floor. Case in point. I was there in person for the play against Miami. The entire building in unison said "what the f**k was that?".

Oh and he's just as bad a decision maker off the floor. Not only did he go to the Shadow Room (an uppity DC with a terrible DJ) either this weekend or last but he got into a fight with Andray Blatche outside the club.

What, no gun-play involved? What's going on with those Wizards? lol
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #38
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Well I gotta give credit to the modern yuppie douchebag owner. He's done a hell of a job finding a professional and quick to respond security group. Guys are professionals to a T.

Now if Javale and his boys decide to go Zanzibar well.... I just hope his entourage is as thorough as they try to look.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #39
JrueHoliday11
jrue it up

JrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm hearing some talks between NY and Minny for Telfair.
JrueHoliday11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #40
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate

arenas took the guns to disney land
Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #41
JrueHoliday11
jrue it up

JrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
JrueHoliday11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #42
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueHoliday11
I'm hearing some talks between NY and Minny for Telfair.

I'm hoping Mr Walsh () waits til they buy him out and then just sign him to the vets min for the rest of the season.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #43
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:

Old 12-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'd take JaVale McGee in a heartbeat.He makes dumb plays because he's raw. He's only 22 years old.To expect him to be a genius is unfair.Especially when he didnt play @ a big name college.He's a project but a project that will yield immediate results while you wait for him to develop.The stuff you get automatically is the stuff we need.Rebounding and blocked shots.Plus he can get dunks and easy buckets by running the floor.He's a guy you wont have to feed the ball to get points out of.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #45
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'd take JaVale McGee in a heartbeat.He makes dumb plays because he's raw. He's only 22 years old.To expect him to be a genius is unfair.Especially when he didnt play @ a big name college.He's a project but a project that will yield immediate results while you wait for him to develop.The stuff you get automatically is the stuff we need.Rebounding and blocked shots.Plus he can get dunks and easy buckets by running the floor.He's a guy you wont have to feed the ball to get points out of.
People make so many excuses for this kid. 22yo or not the guy is in his third season and still making the same stupid decisions as his rookie season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: