Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #46
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Wrasslin: nWo -vs- DX: Who U Got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
NWO is the best, DX is weaaaak
DX was funny as hell. What are you smoking, kid? How could you NOT appreciate Degeneration X? They helped define the most successful era of professional wrestling.

If we're talking the original CLIQUE of Triple H w/ Chyna and HBK? They were awesome. Before Shawn found Jesus, they were hilarious.

Hell, even the 2nd incarnation w/ Road Dogg, Jesse James, and X-Pac was legit. They were bringing the juvenile LULZ every night. And with the whole Suck It thing, it got SOOOO many middle school / high school kids in trouble.

I'd put the OG NWO before all the useless members, when it was Hogan / Nash / Hall on par with the OG DX. Both were truly innovative stables in wrestling history.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller

This. Bret Hart was one of my favorite wrestlers ever. Crazy that 3/5 of the people in that pic are dead
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

DX was lame as f.uck btw. The only guy I liked was Shawn Michaels before he blew his back out and Triple H took over. I don't know how anyone can actually like Triple HHH. The guy was a mid-card talent that got pushed to the top because he f.ucked the bosses daughter. His mic skills are trash and he has almost no charisma at all. Its also well-known that the guy was always insanely jealous of The Rock. To the point where he even tried to blackball him in the WWF before he got big.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #49
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Yeah DX was created just to combat the nWo cause they were getting killed in the ratings. DX may have made more money since they still sell an extremely watered down version of it now, but during both of their heyday's, the nWo drew in more ratings and provided more revenue. The WWE had a ton of factions back then as well competing against one another, so it was futile to compare sheer revenue against the nWo brand. Hell, I own 4 nWo shirts and a ton of other crap.

DX was the 3rd biggest reason maybe for WWF taking over WCW. Stone Cold was the guy who really did it. The only wrestler I can remember that got bigger oviations than Hogan or The Rock. When I think of 1998, I think of Stone Cold Steve Austin. DX brought ratings, but by that time The Rock was gaining some serious heat. Even when he was a heel, people couldn't get enough of the guy. Maybe the best ever on the mic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: