Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Christmas booze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Snow Queen/Grey Goose Vodka ~40/1.75L,
Martell Cordon Bleu ~100/750ml,
Veuve Clicquot ~40

Thanks.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #17
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
cider isn't popular here like it is over in the UK

Yeah, not at all. Cider never even crossed my mind. I'd probably get made fun of for bringing it. People would just pass it over for something they already know.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
cider isn't popular here like it is over in the UK

Strange. I suppose you drink more light beers (or at least coors light crops up everywhere on commercials whereas its difficult to find over here). Would recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it, just make sure you get the good stuff cos there is come nasty shit around.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #19
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yeah, not at all. Cider never even crossed my mind. I'd probably get made fun of for bringing it. People would just pass it over for something they already know.

Fair enough. Strange, I consider our cultures to be very similar, then you get the odd difference like that.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #20
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
Strange. I suppose you drink more light beers (or at least coors light crops up everywhere on commercials whereas its difficult to find over here). Would recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it, just make sure you get the good stuff cos there is come nasty shit around.
unfortunately none of the cider i enjoyed over there is available here. The ciders here are too sweet or sour. and yes, a guy would get made fun of if he was caught drinking it
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #21
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Fair enough. Strange, I consider our cultures to be very similar, then you get the odd difference like that.
it's not only that. if you try some of the fast foods from here they taste different from what you guys have even though it's still mcdonald's, KFC, etc.

also, if you ever tried to serve a pint to an american at room temperature here it would get sent back
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #22
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I've had cider a few times, I enjoy it. I don't remember what it was.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #23
eppelp
I brick open layups

eppelp has decent reputationeppelp has decent reputation

How about mulled wine?

It's cheap, easy to serve and will knock you out. BTW you can also add extra Rum or Amaretto.

EDIT: Heres a recipe since I don't kow if you can get it where you live.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art25534.asp

Last edited by eppelp : 12-22-2010 at 06:46 PM.
eppelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Hmm interesting.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #25
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
unfortunately none of the cider i enjoyed over there is available here. The ciders here are too sweet or sour. and yes, a guy would get made fun of if he was caught drinking it

I don't know if you guys have Budweiser 66, it's like a lighter version of Bud, I got some because it was on offer and I got ripped for that. I guess people over here don't drink as many straight liquors as have been mentioned on this thread. Or maybe it's just because I'm 18 and a student and we just drink whatever is cheap
Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #26
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
I don't know if you guys have Budweiser 66, it's like a lighter version of Bud, I got some because it was on offer and I got ripped for that. I guess people over here don't drink as many straight liquors as have been mentioned on this thread. Or maybe it's just because I'm 18 and a student and we just drink whatever is cheap

Bud 66 is disgusting. have you had the real Budweiser? the one brewed in Europe? that stuff is goood

for those that don't know

Quote:
History

The original Budweiser Bier or Budweiser Bürgerbräu, was founded in 1785 in České Budějovice (Budweis), Bohemia, which at the time (until 1918) was part of the Habsburg Monarchy. The company began exporting to the US in 1871.[2][3] In the U.S., Anheuser-Busch started using the Budweiser brand in 1876 and registered it two years later.
A second company (now named Budvar) was established in 1895 by mainly Czech brewers, which also started exporting beer under the name Budweiser (being the German way of referring to something from the city such as a beer, while "Budějovický" means the same in Czech). These exports into the US market led to the Budweiser trademark dispute. Negotiations between the three companies, the two from the original town and the American Anheuser-Busch, about using "Budweiser" reached an agreement in 1911 that allowed Anheuser-Busch to use the brand "Budweiser" only in North America.[4]
After World War I the Austro-Hungarian Empire was broken up, a number of new nations were created, including Czechoslovakia. After the fall of communism, both local breweries tried to secure rights to traditional names.
[edit]Trademark dispute

Since three companies had or have trademarks for the name "Budweiser", they have been party to many lawsuits in a number of countries. Because of such disputes, Budvar is sold in the United States and Canada under the label Czechvar.
In the European Union (EU), Budějovický Budvar is recognized as a product with Protected Geographical Indication. However, the trademark rights to the name Budweiser for some products other than beer are owned by Anheuser-Busch.[5]
In early 2007, Anheuser-Busch and Budvar reached an agreement that stated that Anheuser-Busch would market Budvar/Czechvar in the United States and several other countries for an undisclosed fee. However, both sides stated that this did not affect their lawsuits. Czechvar is listed in Anheuser-Busch's product lineup with brief product info sheet.
In March 2009, Anheuser-Busch lost an appeal against the EU's Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM) decision to reject the registration of Budweiser as an EU-wide trademark for beer for Anheuser-Busch. The court pointed out that Budějovický Budvar had proven that it had been using the trade mark during at least the five years preceding the publication of Anheuser-Busch's application for a Community trade mark. The decision also covers malted non-alcoholic beverages (such as non-alcolohic beer).[6] On July 29, 2010, Anheuser-Busch also lost its last-instance appeal against this decision.
This means that Anheuser-Busch may not register the name Budweiser as an EU-wide trademark for beer. In Germany and Austria in particular, only Budějovický Budvar is allowed to use the trademark Budweiser.[7]
[edit]Privatisation
Old 12-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #27
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
it's not only that. if you try some of the fast foods from here they taste different from what you guys have even though it's still mcdonald's, KFC, etc.

also, if you ever tried to serve a pint to an american at room temperature here it would get sent back

Having never been to a fast food place abroad I wouldn't know but I'm sure it's true, like different beef and that kind of thing. I wish we had that KFC double chicken sandwich thing though I don't really like pints too cold, I don't want to have to wait for it to warm up before I can drink it but a warm, flat pint is worse than cheap cola.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #28
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Bud 66 is disgusting. have you had the real Budweiser? the one brewed in Europe? that stuff is goood

for those that don't know

Oh yeah, easily my favourite drink. It's not the cheapest though so sometimes I'll go for something else, but it's well worth the extra money. I got 45 botles yesterday in fact, Ł18 (~$27). It won't last more than 3 weeks or so but great value.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #29
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Holy shit I think I'd throw up if I drank luke-warm beer. I can't even drink cold beer. It has to be freezing. I usually throw 3-4 beers in the freezer and wait until they start to crystallize.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #30
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Holy shit I think I'd throw up if I drank luke-warm beer. I can't even drink cold beer. It has to be freezing. I usually throw 3-4 beers in the freezer and wait until they start to crystallize.

In my student flat I've got a metal panel outside the window and a little ledge, so we keep our beer out there to keep it cold (doesn't work in summer obviously but now it's great). Anything under normal fridge temperature (4 degress C or so) is too cold for my liking though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: