Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #31
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: Christmas booze?

I don't usually drink heavy beers either because they cool down a lot quicker for some reason. I'm usually about a third done when I half to get a new one or just dump it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #32
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

My cousins love this stuff and buy the shit out of it for our Christmas party.

Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #33
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Ah yes, I'm getting a sixer of that. Always a staple during the cold months.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yeah, not at all. Cider never even crossed my mind. I'd probably get made fun of for bringing it. People would just pass it over for something they already know.

Cider literally tastes like Apple Juice to me. Can't even taste the alcohol.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #35
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

dood it's made from apples!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

Then you aren't drinking the right stuff. My personal favourite is about 6% but you'll find some around 2% which is trash.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #37
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Quote:
I offered to pick up the booze tab this year and so far I'm getting the usual stuff: Coors Light, Corona....

Might as well be drinking water. Sooo bland, yuck. Don't know where you live but I could probably find a 100 better tasting beers on the shelves from micro breweries or wherever they may import from.

But anyways.

Amaretto is a great christmas drink. Straight on the rocks, it's a sweet tasting drink. Bailey's (or any irish cream) and Kahlua for some tasty coffees or hot chocolates yum.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #38
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

You make fun of the beers I choose to buy and then suggest Bailey's and Kahlua? Those are just as bland.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #39
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Quote:
You make fun of the beers I choose to buy and then suggest Bailey's and Kahlua? Those are just as bland.

I'm assuming you are buying for a christmas party with ladies. They love that sweet sh*t. So I'm not going to suggest any of the gins or whiskey's I usually drink.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

Quote:
I offered to pick up the booze tab this year and so far I'm getting the usual stuff: Coors Light, Corona, Heineken, some other beers, Bacardi, Captain...

And that's all I have so far. Maybe some Champagne. I would like something different to offer, but I don't really know. Any suggestions?

Price doesn't matter...
don't forget to add a generous amount of roofies to whatever you purchase for this imaginary party of yours
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #41
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grieves
I'm assuming you are buying for a christmas party with ladies. They love that sweet sh*t. So I'm not going to suggest any of the gins or whiskey's I usually drink.

It's family.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #42
CMsam
Banned

Quote:
I offered to pick up the booze tab this year and so far I'm getting the usual stuff: Coors Light, Corona, Heineken, some other beers, Bacardi, Captain...

And that's all I have so far. Maybe some Champagne. I would like something different to offer, but I don't really know. Any suggestions?

Price doesn't matter...

Ok bro, let me help you out:

Forget the Coors light and Corona. Coors Light is water with 2% alcohol, if you wanna get a basic beer get Budweiser, it's at least better than Coors Water. And Corona is actually the one that gets worse as it gets warmer, which happens relatively quickly because the bottles are thinner. You've got Heineken and Budweiser, that suffices for the lighter beers.

Get a Sam Adams holiday pack or two cuz that has a bunch of variety in one 12 pack. Get some Guinness cuz that has that savory creamy flavor that shouts 'holidays.' With Budweiser, Heineken, Guiness, and a variety of Sam Adams and some of the Blue Moon mixed in, you're good. Don't waste everyones time with Coors Light and Corona. THis is winter not summer. Bring the frosty flavor.

Then get a bottle of vodka. If you want to literally waste money to impress people, get something expensive like Grey Goose, otherwise just get Svedka becuase its the same thing. Get a bottle of gin. Get limes and lemons and cherries and some tonic water. Get a bottle of Jim Beam. Get the Captain Morgan, forget the Bacardi.

Couple bottles of red wine. Get the champagne if you want, its probably not necessary.

Last edited by CMsam : 12-22-2010 at 10:16 PM.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #43
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
Ok bro, let me help you out:

Forget the Coors light and Corona. Coors Light is water with 2% alcohol, if you wanna get a basic beer get Budweiser, it's at least better than Coors Water. And Corona is actually the one that gets worse as it gets warmer, which happens relatively quickly because the bottles are thinner. You've got Heineken and Budweiser, that suffices for the lighter beers.

Get a Sam Adams holiday pack or two cuz that has a bunch of variety in one 12 pack. Get some Guinness cuz that has that savory creamy flavor that shouts 'holidays.' With Budweiser, Heineken, Guiness, and a variety of Sam Adams and some of the Blue Moon mixed in, you're good. Don't waste everyones time with Coors Light and Corona. THis is winter not summer. Bring the frosty flavor.

Then get a bottle of vodka. If you want to literally waste money to impress people, get something expensive like Grey Goose, otherwise just get Svedka becuase its the same thing. Get a bottle of gin. Get limes and lemons and cherries and some tonic water. Get a bottle of Jim Beam. Get the Captain Morgan, forget the Bacardi.

Couple bottles of red wine. Get the champagne if you want, its probably not necessary.

Um, no. Everything I listed has been requested. I started the thread because I wanted to buy something different as a surprise.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #44
CMsam
Banned

Quote:
Um, no. Everything I listed has been requested. I started the thread because I wanted to buy something different as a surprise.

CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #45
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

We don't celebrate Christmas anymore so my job is to pay for the booze, not that I was planning the alcohol for a party. My mistake.

I would just like to get something different from what everyone has asked for. We already have vodka, rum, and whiskey, tons of beer, wine, etc.

What's left after that? Tequila?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: