Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #91
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Christmas booze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
i don't drink it to get drunk i'll have a glass of it in the winter while drinking beer.

What else do you have in the glass? I can't imagine you drink it straight. It's syrup.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #92
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
What else do you have in the glass? I can't imagine you drink it alone. It's syrup.

the gift sets some with glasses i just fill them up and sip it.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:36 AM   #93
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Not much of a drinker but I had some ciders lately that were delicious. I can't see drinking more than 3 or 4 but a good dinner beer. Surprised they're not more popular in the states.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #94
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I hate buying booze for family members who don't appreciate good stuff. "Oh, uncle Gary is coming over and you know how much he loves Coors Lite so pick up a case of that." I feel like an idiot at the store with that piss water in my cart, but what can you do?

Personally, the cold weather calls for depth of flavor. I like full bodied ales. Not necessarily porters and stouts but a nice hoppy IPA like Dogfish Head or a standard ale like Fat Tire.

On the liquor side nothing says Christmas like a nice single barrel Kentucky bourbon like Blantons.

Some people have mentioned champagne which is appropriate for any celebration, but have you considered prosecco? You can find some very good ones on the cheap that are refreshing on their own and excellent in a mimosa the next morning.

It's almost imperative to have the proper makings for a bloody mary for the mornings after: Vodka (doesn't have to be Grey Goose since you're mixing it, Absolut or Sky work just fine), tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, horse radish, lemon, lime, salt, pepper and celery.

Well it was what they asked for. There's really nothing else I could've done.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #95
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Off topic, but I heard an add on the radio for a local bar that said they are now offering" high end" cocktails and liqours and one of these was Jim Beam.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #96
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Well it was what they asked for. There's really nothing else I could've done.

I know the feeling. We had some friends over a few years ago and I was told they drink Southern Comfort (barf!) so I bought a half gallon of that shit. They ended up drinking wine instead and that unopened bottle is still in my liquor cabinet.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #97
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I know the feeling. We had some friends over a few years ago and I was told they drink Southern Comfort (barf!) so I bought a half gallon of that shit. They ended up drinking wine instead and that unopened bottle is still in my liquor cabinet.

Have you ever had that scotch I got, the Oban? My step-dad loves the shit.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #98
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Haven't had Oban but I love this one.

Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #99
Stempel, HERB
I hit open layups

Stempel, HERB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Not much of a drinker but I had some ciders lately that were delicious. I can't see drinking more than 3 or 4 but a good dinner beer. Surprised they're not more popular in the states.

That's because all these squares in America aren't clued in to this fresh new age lifestyle. This new breed of American innovation led by MarloSpamfield is something to behold. I'll be looking out for the thread where you're interviewing for a personal assistant to pick up your weed and.. pick up your weed LOL as you launch another successful business in cider. You already hold such a strong portfolio with your public storage and health food company.
Stempel, HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #100
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Soco and lime is pretty damn goo. Just pour shots of that shit everywhere.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: