Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default what moves should we make?

so with larry brown out of the picture, i think it's safe to expect some big changes to the roster coming up this season. in my opinion, it's time to blow the roster up and start fresh with some young talent. these are the players i think we can get let go and get some legit young players for in return:

- gerald wallace
love him, but he deserves to play for a contender and we can really get a few nice players for him

- stephen jackson
love him too, but he's clearly unhappy here in charlotte and we could get something nice in return for him too

- boris diaw
don't love him, but he's a versatile player and he's a free agent next year so we need to let him go while we can still get something for him

some players i'd like to see us go for:

- monta ellis/stephen curry
this is a bit of a long shot, but i'd be really happy with either of these players. we'd have to give up quite a bit for either of them, but i think they'd both be worth it in the long run. monta's a really underrated player in my opinion and he can score with the best of them, not to mention he's an underrated defender. the warriors would probably part ways with him before giving up steph curry.

- jordan hill
this is kind of random, but i really think he has a lot of potential. this is more of just a gut feeling than anything considering he hasn't shown much in the nba, but he's a hustle player and after being drafted high, he probably feels like he has something to prove.

- nick young
this kid can score. he's a good young talent (he's 25 so he's actually not all that young) and he's shown a lot of potential. i really like his swagger and the way he plays. he's kind of a chucker, but to be honest, i wouldn't really mind a chucker as long as he can hit the bad shots he takes. i don't recall the bobcats ever having a jumpshooter who can really create his own looks. sjax kind of can, but he usually just dribbles for few seconds then launches a 3.

also, MJ needs to step in and help out henderson personally. he's so ridiculously athletic but it's clear that he has no confidence in his game. there's a lot of potential there but his skills need to be refined.

if we get rid of diaw, it'd be nice to be able to start tyrus thomas, it seems like he's really found his comfort zone lately. then we could have derrick brown come off the bench and he could get some more minutes. damn, if all of our young players figured it out, we could have an insanely athletic team. it'd be really fun to watch.

cliffs: blow up the team, trade our best players (gerald, sjax, diaw) (if we could somehow get rid of diop that'd be a miracle), go for some young talent (monta/curry, nick young, jordan hill), refine our young players (henderson, brown, augustin), new style of playing (fast-paced, high octane offense based on athleticism, etc), hope for the best

you guys have any recommendations?

Last edited by Quizno : 12-23-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: what moves should we make?

Not really sure about Monta Ellis, he seems like the stupid Arenas type, hurting more in the long run than helping us.

You can also add Diop and the rest of our bigs (sans TT) to that list. In fact, I think everyone except DJ, TT, and maybe Derrick Brown can go. Let's just reshuffle this pony.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Latest rumor is DJ/Gana/Carroll for Baron Davis.

...and no, I don't like that at all.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Latest rumor is DJ/Gana/Carroll for Baron Davis.

...and no, I don't like that at all.

Well that would at least get Gana and Carroll off the books. What is Baron's current contract?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Well that would at least get Gana and Carroll off the books. What is Baron's current contract?

Almost 42 million for the next 3 years.

Thing is we could probably move one of those guys if we paired him to a positive asset player and at least get something decent back. If we trade for B-Shriveled we're stuck with him for at least the next 2 seasons.

Get a load of his FG % & 3 PT shooting over the last 3 years:

FG%:

'08/'09 = 37%
'09/'10 = 41%
'10/'11 = 36%

3 PT:

'08/'09 = 30%
'09/'10 = 28%
'10/'11 = 19%
Old 12-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
B-Shriveled

Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

a 3-for-1 would destroy this team and essentially throw in the towel. I think the Clipps would have to throw in another player and cash considerations into the deal for this to work. I've heard Kaman, which would make OWL giddy.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
a 3-for-1 would destroy this team and essentially throw in the towel. I think the Clipps would have to throw in another player and cash considerations into the deal for this to work. I've heard Kaman, which would make OWL giddy.

Yeah, a 3 for 1 Kaman I wouldn't mind.

But if for Davis I want at least a proven prospect.

a 3 for 1 Elton Brand + a prospect is fine to me.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gerald Wallace is the only player I would keep, Jackson is talented but a bit overrated, Augustin is nothing more than a decent back-up, and Diaw isn't a true PF.

Then Philly could get rid of Iggy for some picks or someone else, seems like a decent deal, probably would be a pain to have Stephen Jackson and give Evan Turner some minutes, but that's what I thought would be a decent deal.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

This is a terrible deal. We become loaded at big and lose depth on the wing. No thanks.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

IMHO: Rather get someone like Darren Collison instead of Baron Davis whom I used to love but I think he's over the hill. Whatever happens, I want to see us keep DJ if we can and have him come off the bench. BD is too expensive to be a bench player and we'd have to give up too much to get him. Makes me think of Earl Boykins. I was his greatest fan. Then he came to the Cats and stunk. Now, I forget who he's with but I think I read somewhere that he's having his best scoring year ever. Hah. Maybe Silias can work some kind of magic with BD? I don't know.
And yes, Timmeh, the thought of having Kaman as our C makes me giddy. With Nazr as back up. But in reality would Kaman be a good fit for our team? Could he be a team player? I do believe that we should keep T2 and Derrick Brown. Brown could do so much more if given more minutes.
Otherwise I should probably stay away from this topic. I really don't know enough and I cringe at the thought of how you guys must laugh at my naivete sometimes! Oh, BTW, I did read that Jason Richardson might be available.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Boykins is (back) in Milwaukee. Not a big sample size, but to date for this season he's shooting 48% from the field and 47% from 3.

I would do the Clip trade if it didn't include DJ. We're talking about a player the owner is heckling at their home games! Why in the world should we add any assets to acquire him?

Supposedly the Portland trade (Crash/DJ/Gana for Camby/Miller) is on the Blazers' table and we're waiting on them to sign off...which they're hesitant to do.

Just shoot me now.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Just shoot me now.

Miller/Livingston/Collins
Jack/Henderson/Carroll
Nazr/Camby/Brown
Boris/TT
D.Brown/McGuire

hmmm...
Old 12-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

How about not making any moves until we see how our current players respond to Silas and what he can do with them.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

man that trade for miller/camby is terrible
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: