Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default How to gain weight

Alright. I'm going to trust the boys here on ISH & their body building exercise/gaining weight & muscle hints tips & advice.

I need the following daily nutritional needs:
Total Calories per day - 3,000+
Carbs - 2,000+
Fat - 1,000+
Protein - 600+

I need to gain a lot of weight, so I can soon turn the fat into muscle. My new years resolution is to gain atleast 10+ pounds per month. I'm not going to complete this without any help or money. I'm currently working on a budget to help cut out of my check just for this when I do earn it.

Protein Shake
What Protein shake do you recommend trying & using at this pace. How much does the shake cost, & does it come in packs(Sets) to buy lets say 6 in a pack for $10.

How many times do you drink the Protein shake a day, when do you recommend taking it & with what meal?

Meals
When eating daily meals, what do you suggest eating? Yogurt? If so, is there a specific type of Yogurt with a specific amount of calories to eat?

Fruites
What type of fruites should be eaten daily? Banana, Apples, Grapes?

How heavy should I eat a day?
Should I eat 4-6 times a day?

Protein Bars
What kind of Protein Bars should I eat & how many times a day?

I need to really gain weight because throughout 2011 I'm going to workout, eat, workout, burn the fat, turn the fat into muscle, etc. I will rep you as many times if you help me, to everyone who can help. I see a few threads here about people gaining weight/losing weight. I'm going to do a little research & present it into this thread as well. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Draz : 12-23-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How to gain weight

Hateraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
First, your first protein intake may be too high for a shake, unless that shake has carbs. Reduce it to 30 grams. Your protein for the day looks good. Here's what I'd do for the day given the same food intake, but I'll ration it, and addd some food in certain places.

8:00 AM Breakfast
Protein shake 30gr
1 Banana
I pack oatmeal

11:00 AM
Yogurt
Protein Bar

1:00 Lunch
Chicken Bake(make it a wrap, have brown rice, some fixin's and a side of cucumber slices)

3:00
Can of tuna
nuts ( cup hazelnuts)

5:00 preworkout meal or suplemment (try 1MR, otherwise have your 2nd yogurt)

train 5:30-6:30

7:00
post workout shake(25 grams)

7:30 Dinner
Chicken
little brown rice
steamed carrots

10:00
protein shake (25 grm slow release)

protein - 185 grams
carbs- 135 grams
fats- 30 grams

calories - 1550

Ther's your smaller calorie intake but in a more efficient manner, plus you're always eating

That just established the same protein intake, a little more carbs, but better proportions and will increase metabolism.

Eat more frequently but smaller protions. Always take in protein with every food intake. This will keep your metabolism up. Protein in itself is a fat burner. The portions that I've given you fill your protein needs but have less carbs to sustain a weight loss goal. Why protein is so important is that every gram of protein you take can potentially burn 4 calories. When you take protein you can be burning up to 100 calories per 25 grams. You stay in that anabolic state for up to 4 hours. Once that protein synthesis is done your back to being catabolic. You want to stay anabolic that way you're always burning calories. That's why I suggested eating every 3 hours. Small portions, more frequent. Plus more protein than carbs will allow the body to burn stored fat. Best fat burning tip. Take a multi and some EFA's to supplement this diet
Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

680 grams of protein???? WHAT THE FUCK?

Have fun taking 10 shits a day.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Alright. I'm going to trust the boys here on ISH & their body building exercise/gainiing weight & muscle hints tips & advice.

I need the following daily nutritional needs:
Total Calories per day - 5229
Carbs - 2981
Fat - 1569
Protein - 680

I need to gain a lot of weight, so I can soon turn the fat into muscle. My new years resolution is to gain atleast 10+ pounds per month. I'm not going to complete this without any help or money. I'm currently working on a budget to help cut out of my check just for this when I do earn it.

Protein Shake
What Protein shake do you recommend trying & using at this pace. How much does the shake cost, & does it come in packs(Sets) to buy lets say 6 in a pack for $10.

How many times do you drink the Protein shake a day, when do you recommend taking it & with what meal?

Meals
When eating daily meals, what do you suggest eating? Yogurt? If so, is there a specific type of Yogurt with a specific amount of calories to eat?

Fruites
What type of fruites should be eaten daily? Banana, Apples, Grapes?

How heavy should I eat a day?
Should I eat 4-6 times a day?

Protein Bars
What kind of Protein Bars should I eat & how many times a day?

I need to really gain weight because throughout 2011 I'm going to workout, eat, workout, burn the fat, turn the fat into muscle, etc. I will rep you as many times if you help me, to everyone who can help. I see a few threads here about people gaining weight/losing weight. I'm going to do a little research & present it into this thread as well. Thank you very much!

No such thing, different tissues.

I like PHD pharma whey the most.

Have a protein shake with a high GI carb like a banana 15-40 mins after a workout.

Lean white meats like turkey and chicken, Fish is also great ( salmon especially)

6 times a day is better than 4.

Most are full of sugar, I wouldn't bother.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
680 grams of protein???? WHAT THE FUCK?

Have fun taking 10 shits a day.

It's in calories, so that would be about 170g of protein.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I need to gain a lot of weight, so I can soon turn the fat into muscle.

CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
No such thing, different tissues.

I like PHD pharma whey the most.

Have a protein shake with a high GI carb like a banana 15-40 mins after a workout.

Lean white meats like turkey and chicken, Fish is also great ( salmon especially)

6 times a day is better than 4.

Most are full of sugar, I wouldn't bother.

Good advice.

Also when I bulk up, in addition to my regular meals, I'll make my own weight gainer shake with whey (blend of concentrate and isolates, so it's released slowly into the body; not isolate which is better for post-workout) along with a couple of tbsp's of olive oil (each tbsp is 100 calories and you can't taste it after it's mixed with the protein), a tsp of almond or peanut butter, and sometimes a tbsp or 2 of heavy cream. Have one or two of these shakes in addition to your regular meals and you will put on size easily. You can easily pack in 500-700 calories from each of these.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Good advice.

Also when I bulk up, in addition to my regular meals, I'll make my own weight gainer shake with whey (blend of concentrate and isolates, so it's released slowly into the body; not isolate which is better for post-workout) along with a couple of tbsp's of olive oil (each tbsp is 100 calories and you can't taste it after it's mixed with the protein), a tsp of almond or peanut butter, and sometimes a tbsp or 2 of heavy cream. Have one or two of these shakes in addition to your regular meals and you will put on size easily. You can easily pack in 500-700 calories from each of these.

sounds like a good mass gaining recipe^

I however am a endo-mesomorph, muscle is piss easy for me to build
Old 12-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Good advice.

I'll prefer Peanut butter. How about a glass of Milk with Peanut butter 2-3 times a day along with a Banana(Once a day). I need a DAILY eating plan please help with that.

Breakfest(9:00am): Peanut butter + Bread (Possibly Whole Grain) + Milk
Lunch(11:00am): Protein Bar + Protein Shake
3:00pm: Yogurt + Banana + Orange Juice
6:00pm: Dinner
9:00pm: Peanut Butter + Bread + Milk

How does that sound? Does anyone know how many calories I will get out of that? I need to know soon because I need to spend money purchasing these asap. Thanks a lot for everyone who helped, I will definitely rep you.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
CMsam
Banned

CMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCMsam is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
sounds like a good mass gaining recipe^

I however am a endo-mesomorph, muscle is piss easy for me to build

Same with me, I have to be vigilant about what I eat just to make sure I don't gain weight. I'm 5'11 but my frame is wide and my limbs aren't long, I've never lifted weights regularly in my life and I'm strong as fuck. If I was into lifting I would be absolutely hulking, but on the other hand if I don't eat right I can easily be marshmellowing.
CMsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Vince McMahon
I hit open layups

Vince McMahon is starting to rub some people the wrong wayVince McMahon is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I need to gain a lot of weight, so I can soon turn the fat into muscle.
let me know how that goes
Vince McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
I'll prefer Peanut butter. How about a glass of Milk with Peanut butter 2-3 times a day along with a Banana(Once a day). I need a DAILY eating plan please help with that.

Breakfest(9:00am): Peanut butter + Bread (Possibly Whole Grain) + Milk
Lunch(11:00am): Protein Bar + Protein Shake
3:00pm: Yogurt + Banana + Orange Juice
6:00pm: Dinner
9:00pm: Peanut Butter + Bread + Milk

How does that sound? Does anyone know how many calories I will get out of that? I need to know soon because I need to spend money purchasing these asap. Thanks a lot for everyone who helped, I will definitely rep you.

Make sure you buy a brand that does not use trans fat (hydrogenated fat) and has no added sugar.

White bread is awful, get into the habbit of only eating brown.

Also your daily eating plan should consist of lean proteins in the form of meats, Mixed vegetables and complex carbs. Try to only use protein shakes around your workout, opt for food every other time if you can.

Last edited by step_back : 12-23-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
Same with me, I have to be vigilant about what I eat just to make sure I don't gain weight. I'm 5'11 but my frame is wide and my limbs aren't long, I've never lifted weights regularly in my life and I'm strong as fuck. If I was into lifting I would be absolutely hulking, but on the other hand if I don't eat right I can easily be marshmellowing.

I'm quite lucky, I have broad shoulders, chest and back but my waist is only 32.5 inches. If I'm in good shape I can get down to 31 inches and have a 40/42 inch chest

But yeah I have been lazy as hell lately and looking a bit plump.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
Make sure you buy a brand that does not use trans fat (hydrogenated fat) and has added sugar.

White bread is awful, get into the habbit of only eating brown.

Also your daily eating plan should consist of lean proteins in the form of meats, Mixed vegetables and complex carbs. Try to only use protein shakes around your workout, opt for food every other time if you can.

Your the man. What happens if I use the protein shake without working out? Or how long do I have to workout after consuming a protein shake. I'm thinking about one per day. Do you know where they sell the protein shakes & how much it'll go around for how many in a pack or so. I need to work on my budget for this per month, I dont mind it at all though, I need to pack some weight & real fast.

Repped.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Your the man. What happens if I use the protein shake without working out? Or how long do I have to workout after consuming a protein shake. I'm thinking about one per day. Do youk now where they sell the protein shakes & how much it'll go around for how many in a pack or so. I need to work on my budget for this per month, I dont mind it at all though, I need to pack some weight & real fast.

You won't build muscle without working out PERIOD!

15-45mins after your workout is your window of oppertunity, your body will absorb whey protein the fastest.

Get a membership at your local GNC, you can then get advice on what one best suits your needs and also a little discount if your a member.

Really does depend on how much you use, if you think your going to use a lot go for the largest quantity possible (biggest tub) as this will be the cheapest option per serving.

Add lots of complex carbs (brown), Rice, pasta are great! They also contain lots of good calories.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: