Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #31
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

Default Re: How to gain weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by visirale
I've lost 45 pounds in bodyweight while adding muscle the whole time.

I'm also losing weight (not 45 pounds tho) while adding muscle at the same time. My main problem is that I have a kind of chubby face & some fat layers in the stomach area so I'm trying to lose it.

I go to the gym 6 times a week (an hour each workout, sometimes more) & I do some running, jumping rope & various cardio exercises to shed off the remaining fat.
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #32
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Someone talked about using Myoplex. It looks good & it also has a set of them here -
http://eas.com/products/myoplex

I'm going to see into purchasing a few of them but I hate internet buying, I wonder if CVS, Walgreens or any local place has them.

Edit to add: If your interested; it has what your looking for in here, check store locater for more information near your location for service. This definitely looks good, I'll update you guys on the price once I find out. So far so good.

Last edited by Draz : 12-23-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #33
Hawker
Banned

Draz, I Was 135 lbs this past summer and I gained 15 lbs in 5 weeks during the summer when I was working 8-5 so I had time to work out on and eat on a schedule.

This is what I did:

Workouts: www.crossfit.com

Follow the work outs. Work out 3 days/rest 1 day. I worked out M-F and rested on the weekends. I just took a workout from the weekend and added it to the "rest day" on the website. It's a marine/gymnast type work out.

This is what I ate pretty much every day:

Breakfast: Weight gainer with whole milk (approx 1000 cals and 60g protein. I used the one from wal-mart). Took me about 45 mins to drink it. Finished it at 8am.

10am: Eat one of those small cylindrical portions of yoplait yogurt. Eat a PB&J. Add an apple.

12pm: Eat a large meal that will fill you up. I would usually get mexican food, or a burger or a steak or pasta or a big sandwich.

2-3pm: Same meal as 10am. Add a banana.

5pm: Do the work out for the day. Drink a protein shake immediately after.

7:30pm: Eat dinner. Lean red meat plus veggies and whole milk or chocolate milk to drink. I would eat similar stuff to what I ate at lunch.

9-10pm: Drink another weight gainer.

That's around 5000 cals and 200g protein and I'm guessing there's enough carbs, fiber, vitamins and minerals in there as well.

Not going to lie, I almost threw up a couple times from eating too much. But it did the job. lol

I'd like to gain another 15 lbs but school and work in the future simply won't give me the time/regular schedule to do so.

Last edited by Hawker : 12-23-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #34
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Draz, I Was 135 lbs this past summer and I gained 15 lbs in 5 weeks during the summer when I was working 8-5 so I had time to work out on and eat on a schedule.

This is what I did:

Workouts: www.crossfit.com

Follow the work outs. Work out 3 days/rest 1 day. I worked out M-F and rested on the weekends. I just took a workout from the weekend and added it to the "rest day" on the website. It's a marine/gymnast type work out.

This is what I ate pretty much every day:

Breakfast: Weight gainer with whole milk (approx 1000 cals and 60g protein. I used the one from wal-mart). Took me about 45 mins to drink it. Finished it at 8am.

10am: Eat one of those small cylindrical portions of yoplait yogurt. Eat a PB&J. Add an apple.

12pm: Eat a large meal that will fill you up. I would usually get mexican food, or a burger or a steak or pasta or a big sandwich.

2-3pm: Same meal as 10am. Add a banana.

5pm: Do the work out for the day. Drink a protein shake immediately after.

7:30pm: Eat dinner. Lean red meat plus veggies and whole milk or chocolate milk to drink. I would eat similar stuff to what I ate at lunch.

9-10pm: Drink another weight gainer.

That's around 5000 cals and 200g protein and I'm guessing there's enough carbs, fiber, vitamins and minerals in there as well.

Not going to lie, I almost threw up a couple times from eating too much. But it did the job. lol

I'd like to gain another 15 lbs but school and work in the future simply won't give me the time/regular schedule to do so.

Wow. Your post helped me so much I'm going to follow this as well. One question please do answer I'm very interested in this.

"Breakfast: Weight gainer with whole milk (approx 1000 cals and 60g protein. I used the one from wal-mart). Took me about 45 mins to drink it. Finished it at 8am"

What brand specifically did you consume using the Weight Gainer? Dam. You consumed a LOT of calories per day. How much did it cost & how many servings was it?

BTW - Will rep those who I havent, if you weren't repped yet, it is because it will not allow me I've shared to much rep I have to wait, but I do promise I will not break my word.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #35
Hawker
Banned

That's the one I got. It's located at Kroger and Wal-Mart and other places. It's not located at ALL Wal-Marts though.

hateraid (he's more of the expert) advises against using these due to protein:carb ratio and he's probably right but it's not that expensive and worked for me.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #36
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:

That's the one I got. It's located at Kroger and Wal-Mart and other places. It's not located at ALL Wal-Marts though.

hateraid (he's more of the expert) advises against using these due to protein:carb ratio and he's probably right but it's not that expensive and worked for me.

That shit looks mad good. Lets say I take a serving of that, each day. How long do you think it'll last? How much did you pay for it? I'm looking to minimize my budget as much as I can purchasing suppliments but if I must use it I will.

Edit -

It's located here on this website:
http://www.bodyfortress.com/SUPER-MASS-GAINER

It has 320 calories if you consumed 1,000 per day using this then jesus lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

1) You can't turn fat into muscle.

2) If you're trying to gain muscle, then you don't need more than 200-300 excess calories. Anymore and you'll be gaining fat, too.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #38
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

The key is eating balanced meals and high protein directly after working out. Make sure you work out by muscle groups(biceps,triceps,and calves/chest,quads and back/shoulders) and take at least 2-3 days off to allow your muscles to grow, if not you will only get ripped. Work out heavy doing only 6-8 reps and consistently increase weight. Every 6 weeks switch up your workout and take 1 week off. Try to keep your testosterone up naturally and use creatine if you can, but it is not necessarily required. I don't even drink protein shakes, I eat real meat. Include all types of cheeses,fruits,vegetables, nuts, rice, green tea, and vitamin supplements. It works for me, I've been doing it for 4 years now. Stay away from sodas and junkfoods. WEIGHTGAINERS ARE NOT NECESSARY! I got my workout from a buddy of my father who happens to be a Bodybuilder. He has basically been my weightlifting mentor for 4 years. I started off with a high metabolism and this worked great for me. Just keep lifting heavy and getting your protein and nutrition. Eat 3 main meals until you are full with nutritious snacks in between and eat a banana and some protein within 30 minutes of working out. Don't worry about counting calories, just worry about getting enough protein,carbs, and vitamins. Drink plenty of water. For cardio, other than me playing ball, we only do about 10 minutes of heavy jump rope or bike on the hardest resistance 4 times a week.

Last edited by KOBEMAMBA24 : 12-23-2010 at 04:05 PM.
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #39
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
That shit looks mad good. Lets say I take a serving of that, each day. How long do you think it'll last? How much did you pay for it? I'm looking to minimize my budget as much as I can purchasing suppliments but if I must use it I will.

Edit -

It's located here on this website:
http://www.bodyfortress.com/SUPER-MASS-GAINER

It has 320 calories if you consumed 1,000 per day using this then jesus lol.
One serving/day will last you 6 days. Ya, it kinda adds up.

What's your weight/heigt btw?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #40
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEMAMBA24
The key is eating balanced meals and high protein directly after working out. Make sure you work out by muscle groups(biceps,triceps,and calves/chest,quads and back/shoulders) and take at least 2-3 days off to allow your muscles to grow, if not you will only get ripped. Work out heavy doing only 6-8 reps and consistently increase weight. Every 6 weeks switch up your workout and take 1 week off. Try to keep your testosterone up naturally and use creatine if you can, but it is not necessarily required. I don't even drink protein shakes, I eat real meat. Include all types of cheeses,fruits,vegetables, nuts, rice, green tea, and vitamin supplements. It works for me, I've been doing it for 4 years now. Stay away from sodas and junkfoods. WEIGHTGAINERS ARE NOT NECESSARY! I got my workout from a buddy of my father who happens to be a Bodybuilder. He has basically been my weightlifting mentor for 4 years. I started off with a high metabolism and this worked great for me. Just keep lifting heavy and getting your protein and nutrition. Eat 3 main meals until you are full with nutritious snacks in between and eat a banana and some protein within 30 minutes of working out. Don't worry about counting calories, just worry about getting enough protein,carbs, and vitamins. Drink plenty of water.

I have a high metabolism to but I dont eat much. Weight Gainers is something I need to gain because I am & was underweight at the time until I can pick that up then I can drop it, but very good advice thank you a lot.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #41
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:

Kinda. I might probably try consuming a lot of that shit a day hopefully they have it somewhere. I can't find any store locators here.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #42
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Kinda. I might probably try consuming a lot of that shit a day hopefully they have it somewhere. I can't find any store locators here.

You can always order it. On the can, it says to drink one a day for every pound you want to gain a week. So I did two a day. They were pretty good too but very thick and filling so it took me awhile to drink them.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #43
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:

What's your weight/heigt btw?

I'm like 110 & 5'9. I lost so much weight & I'm freaking out idk if its stress or just not eating properly.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #44
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Quote:
You can always order it. On the can, it says to drink one a day for every pound you want to gain a week. So I did two a day. They were pretty good too but very thick and filling so it took me awhile to drink them.

I'll try it, how much did you pay for it at Walmart? Walmarts pretty far here so I'll have to start searching up I'm in NY.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #45
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
I have a high metabolism to but I dont eat much. Weight Gainers is something I need to gain because I am & was underweight at the time until I can pick that up then I can drop it, but very good advice thank you a lot.

Ah ok I see you. You're gonna have to stretch that stomach out by eating real food and it aint gonna be fun. People laugh, but if you're underweight it is difficult to get used to eating alot, you know this. You're gonna have to push yourself and get used to eating, it can be done in a matter of a couple of months. Start slow and work your way up. Good luck and work hard my man! When you get results it will pay off. There is nothing better than walking in front of a mirror and seeing how much you have grown, especially when you are a year or so into it.
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: