Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #61
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How to gain weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMsam
This is so unthinkable to me. I'm 5'11 and 170, and I'm TRYING to get lower so that my face thins out, but it's tough, I've already got a fairly visible six pack. I guess it's cuz my calves and thighs and glutes are just like big slabs of muscle, but I can't even imagine going down to 150, and 130 is absolutely unthinkable. It's hard for me to beleive anyone my height could weigh that little.

Dude, you didn't look like you had any muscle in the last pic you posted. Just saying. Not saying I'm some swoll dude.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #62
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
This is so unthinkable to me. I'm 5'11 and 170, and I'm TRYING to get lower so that my face thins out, but it's tough, I've already got a fairly visible six pack. I guess it's cuz my calves and thighs and glutes are just like big slabs of muscle, but I can't even imagine going down to 150, and 130 is absolutely unthinkable. It's hard for me to beleive anyone my height could weigh that little.

A lot just depends on your frame and your age. Just looking at height and weight alone doesn't tell you nearly enough. As you age you're going to put on that weight a lot more naturally.

Just look at a picture from Lebron in High School, the guy is so frigin thin, and now he is a beast.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #63
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
A lot just depends on your frame and your age. Just looking at height and weight alone doesn't tell you nearly enough. As you age you're going to put on that weight a lot more naturally.

Just look at a picture from Lebron in High School, the guy is so frigin thin, and now he is a beast.
he was a beast in high school too dude...lol....bigger than everyone else...

there are a ton of thin people in sports though...

like all those long distance runners and Tour De France guys weigh like 140 or some shit...

like 5 entire weight classes in boxing under 150...maybe more now, IDK...manny was like 110 when he started...

what did Bruce Lee weigh like 135 or something?

yeah, some people are just built thin for sure...I don't think Lebron is reall one of them though, he has always been above 220ish...

IVERSON might be a good example...I think he entered the league at like 155...and he is 6 foot
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #64
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
he was a beast in high school too dude...lol....bigger than everyone else...

there are a ton of thin people in sports though...

like all those long distance runners and Tour De France guys weigh like 140 or some shit...

like 5 entire weight classes in boxing under 150...maybe more now, IDK...manny was like 110 when he started...

what did Bruce Lee weigh like 135 or something?

yeah, some people are just built thin for sure...I don't think Lebron is reall one of them though, he has always been above 220ish...

IVERSON might be a good example...I think he entered the league at like 155...and he is 6 foot

Yeah he was bigger than everyone else in High School, but he has probably put on 50-80 pounds of pure muscle since then. And obviously some guys are just plain smaller than others, but from 18-30 they put on weight, how can you argue that. When you see a lot of these young mma fighters come out they are always having to jump weight classes because as they age they get naturally bigger. Whether its from 110 pounds to 125 pounds or from 250-290 pounds, you're gonna get bigger.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #65
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah he was bigger than everyone else in High School, but he has probably put on 50-80 pounds of pure muscle since then. And obviously some guys are just plain smaller than others, but from 18-30 they put on weight, how can you argue that. When you see a lot of these young mma fighters come out they are always having to jump weight classes because as they age they get naturally bigger. Whether its from 110 pounds to 125 pounds or from 250-290 pounds, you're gonna get bigger.
sure I am not arguing that...

although I don't think Iverson has put on more than 10 lbs and he is like 36 or something...

Lance Armstrong is older...I don't know about him really though

IDK dude...but yeah obviously aging can do it...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #66
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Lance Armstrong is small because he really doesn't need to be big to bike.

Same with the ironman athletes.

I'd like a nice medium.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #67
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
sure I am not arguing that...

although I don't think Iverson has put on more than 10 lbs and he is like 36 or something...

Lance Armstrong is older...I don't know about him really though

IDK dude...but yeah obviously aging can do it...

I hear ya. Lance Armstrong is like a freak of nature too. I'd like to see if he stopped biking if he'd just baloon up.

I'm not sure what Iverson weighs now, he definelty looks a lot more muscular than he did in college, but your right, he's still pretty damn thin
Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #68
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Speaking of small athletes, I stood next to Aaron Brooks one time when he was going to U of O, he was smaller than me. Also I had the door opened for me at this basketball camp by Damon Stoudemire, I was like 13 at the time but I was taller than him, he was obviously a lot more built though

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 12-23-2010 at 09:07 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #69
Vegeta
Banned

Vegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputationVegeta has a very bad reputation

Just ask the fattest person on the board.
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #70
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking man, about how old are you?

I'm just wondering because all this weight GAINING talk is kind of baffling me.
I'm 21 and a college junior. 130 pounds (up to 135 now) for someone 6'0 is way too skinny, and I noticed changes in my soccer and basketball games due to this so I want to get back to around 150 where I played my best in both sports and is definitely a healthy weight as well.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #71
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I was about 6'0 155 beginning of summer, then I got a job 9-5 so really busy, not enough time for me to workout on the regular (I was really really chiseled cut as fuc*k to be honest my whole body musta been muscle). So I went from working out 4x a week and soccer 4x a week and whole body muscle to completely no excercise or workouts or anything so all my body essentially went from muscle to fat which in the short term will bring weight down cause muscle weighs more than fat but in the long term the behavior of no excercise would likely lead to weight gain. But anyway, that's how I dropped about 20 pounds in the past 7 months, all strength/muscle lost basically, was eating less I suppose but still breakfast/lunch/dinner and snacks but lots of junk (useless shit for my body - all ending up like sh!tting the junk out my body wouldn't keep sugar from candy etc. no use for it, low protein low carb diet high sugar diet and fats). But yes you are at a good weight, I think honestly my best weight ever was 175 back in senior year of high school but getting to 150 again would be a start. Wouldn't mind getting back to 175 but that will obviously take a few years.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #72
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Take ON Serious Mass. Each serving is 1250 calories, 250 carbs, 50 grams of protein. Then just eat alot throughout the day. You should gain weight in no time. I used to be super skinny, put on some weight since I used it, not super swoll by any means because I play alot of basketball and it cuts into my muscle mass but I really added a ton of muscle compared to what I was before.

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 12-25-2010 at 02:56 PM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #73
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

America/Canada/much of the world = fat and overweight.

General advice to 99% of humanity: Don't try to gain weight. Just try to be thin, yet fit and cut.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #74
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
America/Canada/much of the world = fat and overweight.

General advice to 99% of humanity: Don't try to gain weight. Just try to be thin, yet fit and cut.

That sounds good . I'll try to stay not to thin but thick enough to be cut.. Anyone know any good Mass that has good enough calories, carbs, etc that is sold at reasonable price & probably at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: