Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #136
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

i'm a gator fan so i was so happy about tonight, michigan didn't deserve it. Their schedule was no where near like floridas
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #137
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
i'm a gator fan so i was so happy about tonight, michigan didn't deserve it. Their schedule was no where near like floridas
Word. Only USC's schedule could compare to Florida's but Florida actually survived their's with only one loss and I think playing Arkansas gave them the more difficult schedule. Michigan is a very good team and I would have had no problem with a rematch if both USC and UF lost but it just didn't happen.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 11:49 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #138
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
I can't believe there are so many Gators supporters here. Tools. Anyone who watches college football knows that Michigan is a top 2 team. The only reason they won't play Ohio St. is because of idiots like you guys are in the media.
I watched a little college football this year. Who again did Michigan beat to get the title as one of the top two teams in college football again? Oh yeah, #7 Wisconsin who played nobody other than Michigan this year and #11 Notre Dame who beat nobody this year.
I'll put Florida's schedule against anyone's in the nation.
If you think I'm coming off as a tool, I'm sorry. I'm just stating the facts.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #139
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
I watched a little college football this year. Who again did Michigan beat to get the title as one of the top two teams in college football again? Oh yeah, #7 Wisconsin who played nobody other than Michigan this year and #11 Notre Dame who beat nobody this year.
I'll put Florida's schedule against anyone's in the nation.
If you think I'm coming off as a tool, I'm sorry. I'm just stating the facts.
Once again you're putting your foot in your mouth. If Michigan hasn't played anyone or played anyone that's played anyone, then who has Florida played of any substance outside their conference? You say Wisconsin hasn't played anyone significant, then who has LSU played and beaten of any relevance outside the conference?

You say Michigan's only beaten an overrated Notre Dame team, but who has Florida played...Florida State? That's nothing, in fact it favors Michigan because Notre Dame is better than FSU. And you add all this to the fact Michigan lost to the #1 team in the country, while Florida lost to a 2-loss underacheiving Auburn squad that's been blown out atleast once, then you start to see why Michigan is probably more deserving, homie.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #140
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did anyone actually think PleezeBelieve knew what he was talking about?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 AM   #141
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

Michigan's schedule is a house of cards.

They really haven't beat anybody good.

The one good team they played they lost to.

Neither one of the their "quality wins" beat a ranked opponent.

I saw Michigan look like ass against Ball State, Penn State, and most of the Iowa Game.
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #142
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

This is a crazy thought, but I'm honestly much more worried about Michigan playing USC than I would have been against OSU. Michigan's now primed to have a horrible game.

1. They never play well on the west coast. They're consistently terrible when they go out there.

2. As always in this rivalary, the Rose Bowl is basically a home game for USC.

3. Michigan will be massively disappointed to be playing in the consolation bowl. I doubt they'll be all that fired up. The same could be said about USC as well though, I suppose. But there would never be any question of motivation in an OSU/UofM game...even if they were meeting in the Weedeater Bowl.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #143
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Motivation will be huge. All season I was saying the SEC is tops with Big Ten, but after watching Florida the past 3 weeks, I think SEC is overrated and I hope Big Ten sweeps them in the bowls. I wish we would have got the chance to stomp LSU.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #144
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Did anyone actually think PleezeBelieve knew what he was talking about?
I know I don't. I think the fact that there are two two-loss teams in front of a one-loss Wisconsin is proof enough of my point that nobody legitimately thinks they have beaten anybody.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-04-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #145
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

You guys tell me, fumble or incomplete pass?
http://imgsrv.gainesvillesun.com/app...color=FFFFF F

Florida deserves it.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #146
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Once again you're putting your foot in your mouth. If Michigan hasn't played anyone or played anyone that's played anyone, then who has Florida played of any substance outside their conference? You say Wisconsin hasn't played anyone significant, then who has LSU played and beaten of any relevance outside the conference?

You say Michigan's only beaten an overrated Notre Dame team, but who has Florida played...Florida State? That's nothing, in fact it favors Michigan because Notre Dame is better than FSU. And you add all this to the fact Michigan lost to the #1 team in the country, while Florida lost to a 2-loss underacheiving Auburn squad that's been blown out atleast once, then you start to see why Michigan is probably more deserving, homie.

Michigan should've never been ranked so high. ND was ranked #2 and they were severely overrated so when Michigan crushed them it moved them up more than it should've.

if Ohio State and Michigan's defenses are so good how come both teams scored above their averages in that game? they've had easy schedules imo. Florida deserves to go even though I think they'll get killed. Michigan's defense will be exposed against USC
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #147
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They lost by 10 correct? TD's are still worth 7?
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #148
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

I don't really care who plays, as my favorite team isn't any of the 3. Michigans problems was they got beaten by Ohio State and it was just a couple weeks ago, so everybody remembers that. Both teams have pretty much the same record (both with 1 loss), so it's pretty much a toss up. If I were to have an opinion, it would be to put Florida in. Michigan had their chance against Ohio State and they didn't produce.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #149
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Michigan is the second best team. They should be playing in the chip.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #150
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
They lost by 10 correct? TD's are still worth 7?
If you watched the game Florida was moving the ball well, even without DeShawn Wynn, and that play happened in the red zone. If Florida had scored a touchdown and made the PAT, they would have been up by three. The additional touchdown Auburn made happened on a last second hail mary pass interception run back for a touchdown when UF was still down by four. Florida wouldn't have been even in a position to make that pass. For Auburn to win that game if UF scored that touchdown, they would have to be able to move the ball offensively which the Gators hadn't allowed them to do the entire game. At worst Auburn settles for a field goal and the game goes to overtime. At best UF's defense steps up like it has in every game this year and wins the game.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-04-2006 at 02:44 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: