Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #16
EuJazz
Local High School Star

You don't play a game like Michigan/Ohio State in Glendale, AZ...sorry. That's like playing Duke/North Carolina in Kansas. Just shouldn't happen. Although I think Michigan is better than Florida, they had their shot, you do NOT play that game anywhere but the Big House or the Horseshoe, and you don't play it more than once a year.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #17
FPower
Local High School Star

IMO neither team is any more deserving than the other since they both have one loss. In that case I'd want the BCS committe to try and create the most competitive matchup. I think that's Michigan vs. OSU, but I could be wrong. On the other hand, it might be more entertaining to see OSU play a new opponent; depends on your taste. A playoff system is long overdue.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

This has Michigan SOS ranked higher than UF
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Florida played no one non conference, has played like total crap in a few of their wins, and lost to Auburn while UM lost to OSU by 3 on the road.

UM is the better team, although I understand people not wanting to see that again. A neutral field could be the difference.

I think UF would lose by 14+.

Extra game would solve everything.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Default ...

I bet if Michigan played Florida, they win by more than 2 TD'S. Michigan's truly one of the top 2 teams in the country. They're being penalized ecause they're schedule ended 2 weeks ago. Florida? Get the heck out of here.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Florida played no one non conference, has played like total crap in a few of their wins, and lost to Auburn while UM lost to OSU by 3 on the road.

UM is the better team, although I understand people not wanting to see that again. A neutral field could be the difference.

I think UF would lose by 14+.

Extra game would solve everything.

Florida beats OSU and you're saying what then?
Old 12-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #22
telephone
Banned

I think Florida gets to face OSU in the BCS championship game.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #23
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
. And The Big Ten SUCKED this YEAR.

Yes teh #1 and 2 (or 3) teams in the country plus another top 10 team, what a crappy conference. While the depth is not there int eh big 10 this year it si clearly one of the two best in the nation and probably the best when in comes to the quality of the best teams.
Florida lost to a down (for Auburn) auburn team, has no convincing/dominating wins and played a weak non-conference schedule (sorry but that should screw you hard). Even lat night they didnt look that much better than arkansas.

Michigan's only loss is by three points to the best team in the country (hands down).

If you want to see the two best teams in the country it is clearly michigan and OSU. Florida has been offensively weak off and on throughout the season. If you dont want a rematch fine, but OSU will crush this florida team. Chris leak would have lost them that game last night if TT hadnt given him some time to refocus and given the offense some rythym.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
You gotta Give the SEC/Florida a chance...They got screwed the last time (Auburn)...
What does that have to do with anything? I agree that was a travesty but cmon move on with your life. no standing on the current topic
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #24
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Florida sucks

Michigan has already been beaten by OSU

gotta go Boise State
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #25
dak121
College superstar

Blue field Boise St. playing for the national title? That would be something to watch.

Florida is going to play for it, even though I think Michigan is the better team. The TV networks like ESPN dictate a lot of the matchups, and they've been praising Florida non-stop since they won the game yesterday.

Factor in the short-mindedness of the pollsters and Florida is going to be ranked #2 in the polls, which will give them an edge over Michigan.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #26
raiderfan19
Shazam!

all of you arguing for a plus one should realize that this game IS the plus one as long as you put florida in the NC game. The OSU, Michigan game was the first NC game and this will be the plus one. Problem solved...
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
all of you arguing for a plus one should realize that this game IS the plus one as long as you put florida in the NC game. The OSU, Michigan game was the first NC game and this will be the plus one. Problem solved...

Question where is the NC game going to be held?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #28
miles berg
MFFL

I just dont understand why there can't be a one game playoff, in two weeks, at the University of North Carolina (sorta halfway between schools, field conference neutral as an ACC field), between Michigan and Florida. Winner gets Ohio State.

You have like a month till the game, there is time to have a one game playoff.

It would solve everything and I am sure both coaches, University Presidents, and ESPN/ABC/CBS or whoever would broadcast it would all LOVE IT.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

I can't believe this is even a debate. Florida should be going. Most idiots were going to put fuggin USC in the championship game. Anybody with sense and no bias can tell USC sucks. How do you put USC over the team with the toughest schedule and a better quality loss.

Even in this case. Florida should be undefeated. Refs cheated for Auburn as usual and gave them the game. Leak threw a forward pass and they called it a fumble, dude has as deliberate a forward motion as you can have and they called it a fumble. When FLA was on the 5 yard line. Florida hasn't won pretty, but they've won. And I think it would be ridiculous to see Michigan and OSU 2x in a row. That was their last ****ing game.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I can't believe this is even a debate. Florida should be going. Most idiots were going to put fuggin USC in the championship game. Anybody with sense and no bias can tell USC sucks. How do you put USC over the team with the toughest schedule and a better quality loss.

Even in this case. Florida should be undefeated. Refs cheated for Auburn as usual and gave them the game. Leak threw a forward pass and they called it a fumble, dude has as deliberate a forward motion as you can have and they called it a fumble. When FLA was on the 5 yard line. Florida hasn't won pretty, but they've won. And I think it would be ridiculous to see Michigan and OSU 2x in a row. That was their last ****ing game.

Florida lost by 10pts. Take away the "ref cheated" and Florida is still down by 3. How the phuck are you cheated out of a win again? Stop it. Thats ridiculous. Cheated out of a win was OU not Florida so shut that crap up.

USC doesnt suck. I wonder how you figured that out.

Florida scheduled a Div 1-AA team. But we'll overlook that with thier great schedule. How many close wins did Florida have again? Bit thier fingernails vs South Carolina. But you'll tell me SC is great...on the ROAD at that. Right?

Michigan lost its last game vs the best team in the nation (all season long) by 3pts on the road. Suddenly that lost becomes so impactful it automatically eliminates them from playing in the NC game which is hilarious.

Michigan vs OSU on a neutral field would be a great game where Michigan wouldnt be the underdog by that many pts based on what happened last time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: