Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #31
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Florida is just plain bad

they have a gimmicky offense and a pathetic special teams unit (their field goal kicker is well below 500 on the year and hasn't kicked one longer than 30 yards)
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Florida is just plain bad
Is that why they're 12-1?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

UF could win on a neutral site, but I think if they went into Colombus they would get blown out by ~20.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #34
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Florida lost by 10pts. Take away the "ref cheated" and Florida is still down by 3. How the phuck are you cheated out of a win again? Stop it. Thats ridiculous. Cheated out of a win was OU not Florida so shut that crap up.

USC doesnt suck. I wonder how you figured that out.

Florida scheduled a Div 1-AA team. But we'll overlook that with thier great schedule. How many close wins did Florida have again? Bit thier fingernails vs South Carolina. But you'll tell me SC is great...on the ROAD at that. Right?

Michigan lost its last game vs the best team in the nation (all season long) by 3pts on the road. Suddenly that lost becomes so impactful it automatically eliminates them from playing in the NC game which is hilarious.

Michigan vs OSU on a neutral field would be a great game where Michigan wouldnt be the underdog by that many pts based on what happened last time.

If you watched the game you'd know Fla only lost by 10 as Auburn sacked Leak on the very last play of the game when he had to throw a hailmary, after they should've already had the lead. After the "fumble" Auburn had a run back that put them in fg range and they made it. Then they sacked Leak after he had to hold the ball to long and got a fumble run back, that was the last play of the game.

USC sucks because they lost to 2 teams that are garbage. Hell in the Pac 10 a team deserving to go to the NC game should go undefeated in the Pac10. IMO its the worst BCS conf right now. There are no easy games in the SEC, none.

Michigan, well they very well be a better team than FL, but not by much if at all. Fla played the toughest schedule. And my biggest problem is the OSU/Mich game being the last game they played. If it happened early in the season or even in the middle, maybe. But a back to back rematch? No.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 12-03-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
If you watched the game you'd know Fla only lost by 10 as Auburn sacked Leak on the very last play of the game when he had to throw a hailmary, after they should've already had the lead. After the "fumble" Auburn had a run back that put them in fg range and they made it. Then they sacked Leak after he had to hold the ball to long and got a fumble run back, that was the last play of the game.

Florida was not cheated out of a win. Not even Florida fans believe that one. And I've been arguing with them for a couple days now about thier team. Get a clue. I hear ebay has them up for bid.

Quote:
UF could win on a neutral site, but I think if they went into Colombus they would get blown out by ~20.

Yeah they would. But it seems no one takes into consideration how hostile an enviroment Colombus can be and only to lose by 3 and denied even a DEBATE to be in the NC according to some. That is ridiculous to me.

Debate for both teams but i'll be damn if there is a no debate for either.

Winner of the NC and Rose Bowl should play and settle it. Too bad that wont happen.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee

USC sucks because they lost to 2 teams that are garbage. Hell in the Pac 10 a team deserving to go to the NC game should go undefeated in the Pac10. IMO its the worst BCS conf right now. There are no easy games in the SEC, none.

Michigan, well they very well be a better team than FL, but not by much if at all. Fla played the toughest schedule. And my biggest problem is the OSU/Mich game being the last game they played. If it happened early in the season or even in the middle, maybe. But a back to back rematch? No.
True, but they also needed blocked kicks to beat South Carolina. It basically balances out.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Michigan, well they very well be a better team than FL, but not by much if at all.

You said this was a no debate whether Michigan or Florida should be in the NC game. Those were your words...and now here we have you wavering about how good Michigan is vs Florida. Unreal. Stick to one argument because you cant say this is a no debate and later on say what you said in the quote. Because in the quote it doesnt read FLORIDA IS THE BETTER TEAM. It screams of unsureness, uncertaintity. That isnt present in a NO DEBATE situation. Geeze

Quote:
Fla played the toughest schedule

According to who? I've seen Michigan be said to play a tougher schedule. And if we look at it. Florida ranks #1, Michigan #3. How phucking far apart is that really? Too close for comfort. If this was Florida #1 and Michigan #23....you got me! But you dont. The SOS argument isnt even decidable unless you're stuck on lookin at it from this perspective

1 > 3...period.

Quote:
And my biggest problem is the OSU/Mich game being the last game they played. If it happened early in the season or even in the middle, maybe. But a back to back rematch? No.

So you deny this team because it would be a back to back matchup. And had this happened 2-3 games prior you would be all for it? That is the definition of silly, petty and whatever term someone can come up associated with that. You cant tell me this is no debate then give me that REASONING.

You need to be tested for drugs. I think you're a sniffleuppagus.

I'm afraid to ask you if Michigan won. OSU lost. Who would be in the NC game.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #38
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
True, but they also needed blocked kicks to beat South Carolina. It basically balances out.

They still blocked the damn kicks. Its not like the kicker choked. No easy wins in the SEC.

And GOBB, those Florida fans just don't know how to throw together a decent argument , they were cheated. Just like Auburn cheated LSU, that was ****ing pass interference. **** Auburn.

And there should be no debate. Michigan may be a better team, but they had their chance and lost it in their last game, in a game many considered to be the national championship game. Now, in both teams very next game they do it again? Its not fair. Florida deserves to go over Michigan for that reason alone, its not wavering. And yeah, 1 is greater than 3. That's common sense. Especially when your schedule is from the SEC, when if many of those teams they played were in most other conference, they'd go undefeated, the SEC beats up on each other and if a team can go 12-1 in it, they deserve to go.

I see no point in anybody wanting to see Michigan get their asses whooped even worse the 2nd time. Nobody is beating OSU, but may aswell give a team that's deserving the ability to go. If they weren't going to send Michigan over USC (garbage), they shouldn't go over Florida

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 12-03-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #39
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Gobb ive been one of the biggest arguers for florida but you are right there is definitely a debate to be had for either. I dont know if you think im one of the ones saying it could only possibly be florida but thats not what i think. Michigan is imo the second best team in the country so that in and of itself is an argument i just think that for other reasons, Florida should go.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #40
miles berg
MFFL

Who has Michigan beat though? UM fans point at Notre Dame, but Notre Dame didnt play anyone all year other than UM and USC and got blown out each time. Wisconsin played UM and then was favored in every game they played on their schedule. Who exactly did Wisc play? They ended their season with a game against Buffalo, not the Bills, the U of Buffalo.

Florida just beat Arkansas, roughly the same level of team as Wisconsin, and UM supporters laugh that off. Which is fine, just dont go pointing at Wisc as some sort of great opponent either.

The Big 10 was a 3 team league this year after Iowa fell off.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #41
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

This has Michigan SOS ranked higher than UF

obviously something wrong with their system then
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #42
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

Michigan should've never been ranked so high in the first place. ND was #2 and Michigan crushed them so that win catapulted them up. ND was OBVIOUSLY very overrated. That win shouldn't have meant so much.

Also I think a rematch gives Michigan a huge edge.
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Gobb ive been one of the biggest arguers for florida but you are right there is definitely a debate to be had for either. I dont know if you think im one of the ones saying it could only possibly be florida but thats not what i think. Michigan is imo the second best team in the country so that in and of itself is an argument i just think that for other reasons, Florida should go.

Thats fair enough.

Quote:
Nobody is beating OSU

I call BS. Michigan and Florida can. LSU could.

Just not in Colombus.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamKnight
Michigan should've never been ranked so high in the first place. ND was #2 and Michigan crushed them so that win catapulted them up. ND was OBVIOUSLY very overrated. That win shouldn't have meant so much.

Also I think a rematch gives Michigan a huge edge.

A huge edge? Thats funny because if you think it gives them a huge edge that means something is THERE about that Michigan team. That something is what got them RANKED high to begin with and deservingly so. So you just shiiited on your own post. Awesome job.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #45
raiderfan19
Shazam!

where do you think michigan should have been ranked? They were the only other undefeated team and they did nothing in that game to make it look like they were overrated.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: