Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #46
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

This has Michigan SOS ranked higher than UF
That person knows nothing about college football. Look at who each team played and beat. You can even take off points for Florida playing Western Carolina and Florida still clearly wins it. USC is the only team that I think had a harder schedule this year. If you take into account that they played a different Arkansas than the Gators faced, I think you call it even.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #47
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
That person knows nothing about college football. Look at who each team played and beat. You can even take off points for Florida playing Western Carolina and Florida still clearly wins it. USC is the only team that I think had a harder schedule this year. If you take into account that they played a different Arkansas than the Gators faced, I think you call it even.

It doesn't matter it comes down to this

Michigan-Lost to OSU by 3
Florida-Lost to Auburn by by 10.

XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #48
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

Well it looks like the voters in the Coaches Poll agree with me. We're halfway there. Look out for the Harris Poll.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #49
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

No it doesn't. That's a factor but you also have to look at their wins, not just their losses. You have to judge the teams by their whole seasons.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #50
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Auburn for the National Championship game!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #51
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
No it doesn't. That's a factor but you also have to look at their wins, not just their losses. You have to judge the teams by their whole seasons.
I am, the fact that Michigan could be better on a neutral field than OSU is argument enough that people can't shouldn't penalize Michigan for not playing this week, which is what people are doing.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #52
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Florida was not cheated out of a win. Not even Florida fans believe that one. And I've been arguing with them for a couple days now about thier team. Get a clue. I hear ebay has them up for bid.
I'm a Florida fan, as if you couldn't tell by my posts, and some will argue that one. If you watch the tape Leak's hand was going forward when he let go of the ball. I personally think he stopped his throwing motion and then tried to spike the ball. The referees then made a call that defied NCAA regulations. Florida was in scoring position when that happened. If that call wasn't made then Florida goes on top by three or four points (I can't remember exactly) if they make a touchdown and then Florida doesn't have to hail mary and Auburn doesn't win by ten.
It's not like Auburn's offense was doing anything against the Gator D. They held them to field goals, no touchdowns.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #53
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Whoever gets it is goin to get beaten on by OSU. Buckeyes are the class of college football by a large margain.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #54
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...home-headlines

Florida vaults to No. 2 in BCS, will play Ohio State for national title
USC likely to face Michigan in the Rose Bowl.
By Chris Dufresne, Times Staff Writer
12:54 PM PST, December 3, 2006

BCS worthy
There isn't going to be a rematch.

No. 1 Ohio State will play No. 2 Florida, not Michigan, for the Bowl Championship Series national title on Jan. 8 in Glendale, Ariz.

According to a BCS source, Florida moved from fourth to second today ahead of No. 3 Michigan in the final BCS standings.

An official announcement will come this evening in a televised unveiling on Fox.

The news means that USC will play Michigan, not Louisiana State, in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1.

LSU had pre-sold more than 42,000 tickets in advance of making its first-ever Rose Bowl appearance, but UCLA's upset win over previously No. 2 USC on Saturday, coupled with Florida's win over Arkansas in the Southeastern Conference championship game, changed the final pairings.

The BCS bowl lineup is now expected to be:

Rose: USC vs. Michigan.

Sugar: Notre Dame vs. LSU.

Orange: Louisville vs. Wake Forest.

Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Boise State.

Florida's jump over No. 3 Michigan, which was idle Saturday and has not played since a three-point loss to No. 1 Ohio State on Nov. 18, likely will cause more uproar in BCS circles.

This will mark the fifth time in the nine-year history of the BCS that there has been controversy involving the title-game participants.

In the end, enough voters in the Harris Interactive and USA Today coaches' polls moved Florida to No. 2, ahead of Michigan, on their final ballots.

Ohio State Coach Jim Tressel released a statement today saying he did not vote in the final coaches' poll to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest.

"After consultation with my director of athletics, Gene Smith, and based on our unique position in the BCS standings, I believe it is only fair that we not participate (in) the final poll," Tressel said in a statement.

Michigan and Florida each finished the regular season with one loss, on the road. Michigan was 11-1 with its defeat at Ohio State, while 12-1 Florida lost at Auburn.

Florida picked up 66 points on Michigan in the coaches' poll and finished with a 26-point advantage.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #55
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Too bad for Michigan if true. ESPN/ABC wanted a Michigan/USC Rose Bowl, CBS wanted their SEC team in the championship game, so they both swayed opinion in Florida's favor.

NCAA is too political these days. A playoff is becoming more realistic each year.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #56
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, it had nothing to do with going 12-1 and winning the SEC. Nothing at all.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #57
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Not fair to OSU to make them play a team they already beat. Maybe they would have beaten OSU on nuetral field or if they had played in Ann Arbor this year. Thing is they didn't. Part of college football.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #58
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

I doubt it was at all about being fair to OSU. That's not the goal of the BCS.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #59
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...home-headlines

Florida vaults to No. 2 in BCS, will play Ohio State for national title
USC likely to face Michigan in the Rose Bowl.
By Chris Dufresne, Times Staff Writer
12:54 PM PST, December 3, 2006

BCS worthy
There isn't going to be a rematch.

No. 1 Ohio State will play No. 2 Florida, not Michigan, for the Bowl Championship Series national title on Jan. 8 in Glendale, Ariz.

According to a BCS source, Florida moved from fourth to second today ahead of No. 3 Michigan in the final BCS standings.

An official announcement will come this evening in a televised unveiling on Fox.

The news means that USC will play Michigan, not Louisiana State, in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1.

LSU had pre-sold more than 42,000 tickets in advance of making its first-ever Rose Bowl appearance, but UCLA's upset win over previously No. 2 USC on Saturday, coupled with Florida's win over Arkansas in the Southeastern Conference championship game, changed the final pairings.

The BCS bowl lineup is now expected to be:

Rose: USC vs. Michigan.

Sugar: Notre Dame vs. LSU.

Orange: Louisville vs. Wake Forest.

Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Boise State.

Florida's jump over No. 3 Michigan, which was idle Saturday and has not played since a three-point loss to No. 1 Ohio State on Nov. 18, likely will cause more uproar in BCS circles.

This will mark the fifth time in the nine-year history of the BCS that there has been controversy involving the title-game participants.

In the end, enough voters in the Harris Interactive and USA Today coaches' polls moved Florida to No. 2, ahead of Michigan, on their final ballots.

Ohio State Coach Jim Tressel released a statement today saying he did not vote in the final coaches' poll to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest.

"After consultation with my director of athletics, Gene Smith, and based on our unique position in the BCS standings, I believe it is only fair that we not participate (in) the final poll," Tressel said in a statement.

Michigan and Florida each finished the regular season with one loss, on the road. Michigan was 11-1 with its defeat at Ohio State, while 12-1 Florida lost at Auburn.

Florida picked up 66 points on Michigan in the coaches' poll and finished with a 26-point advantage.
I can't verify either the BCS or the Harris Poll on their websites. I guess this guy has an inside source? I know the Tressel comment and LSU presales are accurate but I can't verify anything else other than the Coaches' Poll.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #60
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Yesssssss
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: