Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #61
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Too bad for Michigan if true. ESPN/ABC wanted a Michigan/USC Rose Bowl, CBS wanted their SEC team in the championship game, so they both swayed opinion in Florida's favor.

NCAA is too political these days. A playoff is becoming more realistic each year.
That CBS commentator was clearly lobbying for Florida, but Herbstreit on ESPN last night said throw out the fact that Michigan couldn't win their conference or that Michigan already lost to this Ohio State team and basically implied that voters should vote for them.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 04:45 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #62
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
That CBS commentator was clearly lobbying for Florida, but Herbstreit on ESPN last night said throw out the fact that Michigan couldn't win their conference and implied that voters should vote for them.
I like Herbstreit but he's probably still ticked about his poor preseason pick (he said that Miami was the best team in the State of Florida) and doesn't want to look any worse.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #63
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I like Herbstreit but he's probably still ticked about his poor preseason pick (he said that Miami was the best team in the State of Florida) and doesn't want to look any worse.
I thought he might of had some affection for Florida since he caught a Chris Leak throw away when they were down in Gainesville working the LSU game.

Corso also didn't lobby for either side, but you could argue by mentioning the rematch and conference title arguments that he was pro-Florida.

Corso also caught a Chris Leak throw away that game too.

EDIT: I would just be wondering if Herbstreit would have said to throw all of the arguments out the window and vote who you think the best team is (while implying Michigan) if USC had won on Saturday. Herbstreit might have also been a little indignant that he picked against Florida in Atlanta and during GameDay versus LSU.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #64
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

will the voters be held accountable when florida loses handily?

i know nothing can really be done, but maybe choosing new voters who vote with their brains instead of their hearts.

will florida be in it even at halftime? lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #65
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
will the voters be held accountable when florida loses handily?

i know nothing can really be done, but maybe choosing new voters who vote with their brains instead of their hearts.

will florida be in it even at halftime? lol
I know that 2-10 Illinois lead by Ron Zook had a chance to beat them. Ohio State is not invincible. They are not superhuman. Yes, they are a very good team but this game wouldn't exactly be the Indianapolis Colts versus a high school JV team.
For all of those people that are sick of SEC elitists, I think it is just as bad to imply that this Florida team isn't even in the same league as Ohio State.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #66
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not invincible and florida does have a chance to win....but i wouldn't bet a dollar on florida cause the odds are probably 10000000000:1.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #67
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
not invincible and florida does have a chance to win....but i wouldn't bet a dollar on florida cause the odds are probably 10000000000:1.
You'd have to be a fool not to bet a dollar against those odds. You'd be making a lot of money if Florida won.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #68
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

that's my point. the risk of losing that dollar is too great.

florida has 0% chance of winning.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #69
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
that's my point. the risk of losing that dollar is too great.

florida has 0% chance of winning.
Can I quote you on that?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #70
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
I know that 2-10 Illinois lead by Ron Zook had a chance to beat them. Ohio State is not invincible. They are not superhuman. Yes, they are a very good team but this game wouldn't exactly be the Indianapolis Colts versus a high school JV team.
For all of those people that are sick of SEC elitists, I think it is just as bad to imply that this Florida team isn't even in the same league as Ohio State.
I think the game will be close myself. People don't realize that UF has a great defense, a senior QB, and a few offensive playmakers (Percy Harvin and Dallas Baker are going to be in the NFL one day). OSU isn't going to have it easy.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #71
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I think the game will be close myself. People don't realize that UF has a great defense, a senior QB, and a few offensive playmakers (Percy Harvin and Dallas Baker are going to be in the NFL one day). OSU isn't going to have it easy.

I don't know, Florida has looked pretty incompetent on offense for long stretches this year. If they have one of their routinely poor games, they'll get destroyed. If they happen to play really well that day, it should be a good game. Florida just doesn't seem very consistent to me this year.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #72
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I don't know, Florida has looked pretty incompetent on offense for long stretches this year. If they have one of their routinely poor games, they'll get destroyed. If they happen to play really well that day, it should be a good game. Florida just doesn't seem very consistent to me this year.
Their running game also hasn't been healthy all year. DeShawn Wynn has been battling a shoulder injury for much of the year (he was a glorified decoy in the SEC championship game) and Percy Harvin is just recently healthy after that lingering high ankle sprain in the Tennessee game that was later reaggravated.
Some better play calling would have been nice too.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 12-03-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #73
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

The offense hasn't been good overall but their d has been consistently strong. Don't get me wrong, Leak will have to play the best game of his career, but people shouldn't think this is a huge mismatch. UF gets players just as talented as OSU does.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #74
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

yes, you can quote me on it.

florida will not win.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #75
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default .

can we all at least agree that the BCS is a piece of trash system and it makes D1A college football look rigged and rinky dink?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: