Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation
Default OT: The Ladder Theory

Extremely off topic so I apologize for that. I try not to post OT's in this forum unless I find a gem, and this is just that.

It's basically a very in depth theory about why girls can't have guy friends who are truly "just friends". Most everybody on this forum has had this argument with a girl at one point or another when they mention that they have a lot of guy friends or that "so and so is like a brother to me" when we know the dude really just wants to get her in the sack.

Anyway, it's a long read, but not a chore to read at all. Do yourself a favor and read the first couple of sections and keep going if you find it interesting. Just click the right arrow icon to move forward.

The Ladder Theory
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

That was very insightful.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Wow thats one of the fossils of the internet.... but if anyone hasn't read it its still quite interesting.
vapid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

time to take some notes.
it's funny but true
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well put together theory.

It might be a bit exaggerated, but it's basically true. Money/power or perceived future money/power might be most important thing for a woman. We've all seen the wealthiest/most powerful men end up with most beautiful woman. Look at Howard Stern as an example. He's wealthy/powerful/interesting/different, but phyically below average. Supermodel girlfriend. One of many examples.

The one thing I didn't see is "confidence". REAL confidence, not a show. Women sense that. Confidence could go along with money/power and attraction, but you can't stress real confidence enough....

I've been saying this for years. Men have reputation of being more vain, but women are much more vain than men.

A man knows instantly if he wants a woman just by looking at her. It's an chemical physical attraction you can't control.

A woman looks at a man and STILL doesn't know if she's attracted to him or not. That's vain. She wants to know "who he is". If you tell her he's a wealthy businessman before she meets him, she will be instantly more attracted to him than if you tell her he's a janitor. THAT is vain.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

thanks, im gonna go find n abyss an jump into it rahter than wait for some ***** to kick me in the head
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

Most broads like their men to be smart, funny etc. I find it interesting that this study dismisses those qualitites. That is incorret. One of the best ways to get alot of chicks is to be funny. Most girls like funny guys who can make them laugh.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Most broads like their men to be smart, funny etc. I find it interesting that this study dismisses those qualitites. That is incorret. One of the best ways to get alot of chicks is to be funny. Most girls like funny guys who can make them laugh.

Yes and no. Women like to be "comfortable" with a man. And humor breaks down the walls and makes guys more relatable to women. But confidence and attraction still need to be there first, I think, before humor.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #9
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

it covers it in the "10% women pretend to care about but really dont" in the womans rating section

so they say it doesnt mean anything, if she fidnd you fnny it just a coincidence
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Things Women Say They Care About But Do Not: 10%...You forgot that part buddy. Keep telling jokes all over the place and we'll see how many girls will invite you in after a night of jokes. You think it's a joke in the bedroom, jokes don't give orgasms.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

I've been saying this for years. Men have reputation of being more vain, but women are much more vain than men.

A man knows instantly if he wants a woman just by looking at her. It's an chemical physical attraction you can't control.

A woman looks at a man and STILL doesn't know if she's attracted to him or not. That's vain. She wants to know "who he is". If you tell her he's a wealthy businessman before she meets him, she will be instantly more attracted to him than if you tell her he's a janitor. THAT is vain.....

very interesting insight into vanity, especially in the true magnitude of shallowness between the sexes
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #13
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The other day a girl told me she didn't like me like that, but that she would gladly go out with me, as friends.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default .

ahh, i actually had never seen that but yep, its pretty true.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #15
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
The other day a girl told me she didn't like me like that, but that she would gladly go out with me, as friends.

Man, drop her for the next girl. I've always found that the ******* thing works, it's fool proof. It's in the past when I thought being "sweet" or "funny" will get the job done. Like the ladder theory will say, I was an intellectual whore and I've decided to be a fulltime outlaw biker. It's like magic guys, try it!
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: