Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool
Default Pic of Michael J spotted in Charlotte

Watching the draft picks work out:

Explaining something to current GM/Coach Bernie Bickerstaff

StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

"No, seriously-- it's this big."
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

^^^ haha
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

StarJordan spotted *********ing to a pic of MJ spotted in Charlotte
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Wow Mike still looks like he's in his 30s. Perhaps it's time for that 3rd comeback.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

Jordan is a bad GM.
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
StarJordan

Hey Loki you think its a good idea for MJ to get Larry Brown in there now? Or should they let Bickerstaff stay and try one more time?

Last edited by StarJordan : 06-25-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Charlotte is probably the worst team in the East for Larry Brown's style. They are all so young and Brown loves his veteran, rough style of basketball.

I really like MJ being involved in the Bobcats front office. It seems to add credability to a club that seemed like a college hangout chaperoned by Brevin Knight last year.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

MJ looks like he could average 20 ppg right now.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #10
StarJordan

Quote:
Charlotte is probably the worst team in the East for Larry Brown's style. They are all so young and Brown loves his veteran, rough style of basketball.

I agree to an extent BUT

1. Larry Brown's best skills as a coach are as a teacher to young teams. He has only 1 title, but he has transformed a lot of crappy teams into playoff teams in a couple years, over his career.
2. There are not going to be any Stephon Marburys allowed in Charlotte with MJ in charge.
3. The pressure in Charlotte won't be like it was in New York. Since the beginning, Bobcats have sucked and noone cares. Its not like they have a critical fanbase to worry about. So they can't go anywhere but up from here it looks like.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:19 AM   #11
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
MJ looks like he could average 20 ppg right now.

Doubtful, but he could still probably put up 13-15 ppg in ~20-22 mpg. He does look a lot thinner than during other recent public appearances, though.

StarJordan, MJ always liked Bernie, so I'd imagine he'd let him stay on for another year. Like the poster above said, Brown's style wouldn't mesh well with this team, though with MJ behind him the players might buy into it.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:19 AM   #12
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I'd love for my Blazers to draft Morrison, but if that doesn't happen imagine i'd love to see Morrison under Jordan. That would get uber competetive.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #13
StarJordan

IN MY OPINION
Jordan knows the problems. Can he fix them?
SCOTT FOWLER

Michael Jordan's first performance as a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats came Thursday, and it was impressive.

Jordan talked like someone who has done a lot of homework and wants to spend a lot of Bob Johnson's money. He sounded committed to the team, engaged to the area and ready to do everything short of stepping on the court again to make the Charlotte Bobcats a winner.

Jordan talked about how the Bobcats had made mistakes and hadn't spent enough money yet to show they are serious about winning. He was fairly blunt and quite charming.

"Now as an insider, I have the authority to change the script a little bit," Jordan said of the Bobcats. "That's what I want to do."

It was a day of classic Jordan. He's always the coolest man in any room, and he was again Thursday. He watched part of a draft-prospect workout from the second floor of the Bobcats' practice facility. You could see the players looking up to steal glances at Jordan. Some of them would later say that simply having Jordan watch them shoot and dribble was "a dream come true."

That's the sort of star power Jordan still carries. He remains one of the most well-known men in the world.

And now Jordan is out to rescue the Bobcats.

That is no sure thing. Jordan didn't exactly rescue the Washington Wizards, although he said Thursday his time there in the front office shouldn't be considered a "failure" because he did improve their salary-cap situation.

In Charlotte, Jordan's role is vague one. He said he wasn't going to step on coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff's toes, yet it would seem impossible for that to not happen occasionally.

As the Bobcats' "Managing Member of Basketball Operations" -- I like to call it "MmBop" for short -- Jordan will control and/or approve all big basketball decisions. And he promised he also will talk to close pal Bob Johnson, who's still the majority owner, and get him to ante up when necessary.

Most everything Jordan said made sense Thursday. He said the Bobcats had been trying to put the business ahead of the basketball, when in reality the team had to grow first and then carry the business side along with it.

He also showed a deeper understanding of the Charlotte Hornets hangover here than I've ever heard from any high-level Bobcats official.

"Charlotte people are very loyal people," Jordan said in an interview. "So when they feel like their loyalty to you has been broken, you have to work hard to regain that loyalty."

Exactly.

Will Jordan succeed? There's no telling. But at least he is a quick study. He understands the problems.

"I'm going to be in tune, I'm going to pay attention and my ultimate responsibility is to try and get this basketball team back to where it has to go," he said.

I'm still skeptical. But it will be fun watching him give it a try.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:21 AM   #14
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

I say the Bobcats make Jordan a player coach and just put him in when they need to hit a game winning shot.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:21 AM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Wow Mike still looks like he's in his 30s. Perhaps it's time for that 3rd comeback.
no Shhhhhhhhh! there's a possibility he might see this and start considering it and screw up the whole season
Quote:
Jordan is a bad GM.
he's not the GM
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: