Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #31
Nova6
Decent playground baller

Default Re: 2011 games you're looking forward to

pokemon
Nova6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #32
step_back
College superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVB2Tto9RW8

Looks really good, reminds me of Freedom Fighters which I liked.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #33
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

I really like the story for Homefront but iam still not sure about it.Seems like a combo of COD and BC2.I might gamefly it.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #34
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I really like the story for Homefront but iam still not sure about it.Seems like a combo of COD and BC2.I might gamefly it.

That's quite a good combo if you ask me

For me the big selling point is using guerilla warfare tactics. After "Freedom fighters" I thought the market would be flooded with simular types of games which to my surprise didn't happen.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #35
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Generally not a huge MMO gamer. I've tried WoW, and it's ok, but TOR looks incredible. The cinematic trailers alone make me want to try this game out so badly, and I usually don't give a shit about the trailers. First heard about it back on 08, so this has been a long time coming. Still no actual release date yet, but apparently either in the 2nd, or 3rd quarter of the year.

It's just one of those games I really get the feeling will have a very negative impact on my social life for a period of time.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #36
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Generally not a huge MMO gamer. I've tried WoW, and it's ok, but TOR looks incredible. The cinematic trailers alone make me want to try this game out so badly, and I usually don't give a shit about the trailers. First heard about it back on 08, so this has been a long time coming. Still no actual release date yet, but apparently either in the 2nd, or 3rd quarter of the year.

thats too bad though. the cinematics have nothing to do with the game and are just to build hype. you should watch gameplay and see if you're still interested.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Damn looks like 2011 will be a year I dont buy many games if at all. Maybe Madden 12, nba2k12 since those are generally yearly buys. Other than that? I dont see any games of interest Jan-Dec.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #38
Sakkreth
Raps

Guild Wars 2

And Diablo 3 as someone mentioned, but he didn't knew that it's not comming out in 2011.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #39
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
thats too bad though. the cinematics have nothing to do with the game and are just to build hype. you should watch gameplay and see if you're still interested.

Been following the progress of this game a while. Odd that you'd assume I've 'only' watched the cinematics. Gameplay does look mightily impressive too, for an MMO. Especially watching a jedi knight vs sith lightsaber battle, it looked great. This MMO is very much story driven, and the choices that you make when interacting with certain characters, or for example, deciding whether to kill a person, or let them live can have a huge impact on the NCP (non character players) around you, and how they interact with you. This is the sort of thing that interests me a lot. Not might be everyone's cup of tea, but I like the sound of it.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #40
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Been following the progress of this game a while. Odd that you'd assume I've 'only' watched the cinematics. Gameplay does look mightily impressive too, for an MMO. Especially watching a jedi knight vs sith lightsaber battle, it looked great. This MMO is very much story driven, and the choices that you make when interacting with certain characters, or for example, deciding whether to kill a person, or let them live can have a huge impact on the NCP (non character players) around you, and how they interact with you. This is the sort of thing that interests me a lot. Not might be everyone's cup of tea, but I like the sound of it.

was saying that because they did two of those that are cool as ****, but really have nothing to do with the game, and a ton of people are going to try it out when it's not for them at all. yeah i like everything i've heard so far, but it being an mmo makes me not care at all.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #41
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
was saying that because they did two of those that are cool as ****, but really have nothing to do with the game, and a ton of people are going to try it out when it's not for them at all. yeah i like everything i've heard so far, but it being an mmo makes me not care at all.

u realize the people who made KOTOR are on this biznich right? the game is almost garanteed for GOTY consideration. I don't even like MMO last one I played was the Matrix but I might just pick this up
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #42
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
u realize the people who made KOTOR are on this biznich right? the game is almost garanteed for GOTY consideration. I don't even like MMO last one I played was the Matrix but I might just pick this up

obviously, but its an mmo.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #43
AJ2k8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Actually, it's going back to 2D. It'll be like the older MK's on steroids and without the humor.

Check out this video. It's 10 minutes, but worth the watch because there's a lot of gameplay and discussion with the creator of MK on the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4UCpJO5v6Q

I hear that. I'm pretty sure the game will be outstanding. They're really taking their time with it and now have proper funding again with WB. The game got rave reviews from those who played it at E3.

Nice video.. looked pretty good. I think i actually heard about it going back to 2D and was worried it would lose some of the stage fatalities but it's good to see they've still got some sort of them.

Might see how it's reviewed and if it's decent i might pick it up.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #44
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

I agree, I've seen other games have cool as hell cinematics, but the actual game not really give off the same 'wow' factor. WoW is a good example of that for me. If the battles looked as cool in-game as they do in the cinematics, I'd probably still be playing it now.

All the gameplay videos I've seen in TOR have looked definitely above average for an MMO. I'm not saying it matches the cinematics, I don't think any game realistically could, but it definitely gives off a similar feeling.

I think another thing that will make TOR a 'different' type of MMO is the fact it's much more story driven. It's not like your generic WoW game where you just do the quests that are given to you, and you have to follow that strict path and basically the only choice you're given is what order to do the quests in. In TOR, you get to make decisions which will affect the outcome of different things such as the non-player characters around you, and how they act in your presence. If you're going around slaughtering everyone in sight, they might be scared of you, or even respect you more. I think despite the fact, yeah it is an MMO, you could probably play it for a while, and almost forget it is!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #45
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

Bulletstorm
Mass Effect 3
Gears of war 3
Pokemon white/black
LA Noire
Duke Nukem Forever
Nintendo 3ds

May have to get a ps3 this year as well, although my list would get a fair bit bigger, and I really shouldn't be spending that much on video games.

Last edited by Kungfro : 01-04-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: