Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Collins might be on his way to the Blazers...

As much as I get frustrated with Collins sometimes, he might be my favorite play on the team.

Quote:
Peter Vecsey of the New York Post say the Nets and Blazers are in talks regarding a trade of Jason Collins for Jamaal Magloire. The Nets have offered Collins and a second round pick while the Blazers want a first rounder. The Nets don't have a second round pick until 2008, having traded their 2007 pick to the Warriors two years ago. Magloire is a free agent after this season while Collins' contract ends in 2008-09. Nets may also be interested in the Wizards' Brendan Haywood.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, I find it very strange that we refused to give him up in the deal for Vince, but we're open to trading him for Magloire. I really do think that a 1st round pick is reaching though.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

I do as well.

i think PEter Vescey is just throwing things out there.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Do it...Just do it.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here

I really wouldn't wanna give up another pick. Just add Jeff McInnis(even though Blazers already have 6 guards )
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Hold with the 2nd rounder. Don't give up a first. Then I'd do it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #7
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

as long as we keep it as a second round pick then do it. Magloir is not worth Collins and a First round pick, Do we only have one this year?
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

collins' stuff doesnt show on the stat sheet but he's pretty good. still id do it cuz we need a change.
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
whaley82
High School JV MVP

If we loose Collins I will miss him when we play guys like Shaq but most of the league new Big men don't just use there weight like he do, So Collins is getting less and less useful, and he has no Offensive end, Well I won't say No, there are some game that he gets like 8 points and Hes not really a Big rebounder, or a shot blocker, So I think If we can get something decent for him, Go For it.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

for christ's sake can we speak intelligible english please? is that asking too much, whaley?

anyway yea, no way we give up collins plus a first.

collins is no star (nor starter) but he's smart and does certain things well and is reliable.

plus thorn/stefanski are pretty good drafters/traders so a #1 in their hands may easily be worth more than a magloire anyway.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #11
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

[quote]For example, it was hard to overlook that the Nets had their best defensive quarter (the fourth period at Boston) with Jason Collins on the bench, or that the Philly game broke with Moore acting as the defensive anchor in the second quarter.

The point being: If the Nets are at their best defensively with Collins sitting on the bench, is he really as valuable as the team has made him out to be all these years? And given that he is enjoying relatively good health, why have his stats actually declined to 3.2 points and 4.8 rebounds per game?[END QUOTE]

Is Collins really as good as we all think he is? Or is he simply all we got?
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here

Hes not bad I mean hes like the only guy that can guard shaq and yao but shaqs getting older as we speak and with Moore doing as well as he did in the Philly game and I know Cliff can guard Yao. Lets just leave it in the Hands of Thorn.
"IN ROD WE TRUST"
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #13
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Quote:
for christ's sake can we speak intelligible english please? is that asking too much, whaley?

oops my bad, I was rushing through it I had to get somewheres quickly but I wanted to make my post before I left and never really read it to make sure it made since.

What I was try to say is that Collins can't guard any of the newer Centers/Power Forwards in the league or coming into the league Other then Shaq and he does alright on Yao. And That he doesn't contain much offensive skills, He can get a lay up he and there but other then that he doesn't get points by backing a man down and creating his own shot. Also He is not a great rebounder hes not even averaging 5 rebounds a game and hes a starter, and hes not a guy that goes out on the court and blocks a lot of shots or at least alters the shots of oppenents, So If Thorn can get Jamaal Magloire for Collins and a Second round pick I say go for it.

Is that a little bit better gigantes?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
oops my bad, I was rushing through it I had to get somewheres quickly but I wanted to make my post before I left and never really read it to make sure it made since.

What I was try to say is that Collins can't guard any of the newer Centers/Power Forwards in the league or coming into the league Other then Shaq and he does alright on Yao. And That he doesn't contain much offensive skills, He can get a lay up he and there but other then that he doesn't get points by backing a man down and creating his own shot. Also He is not a great rebounder hes not even averaging 5 rebounds a game and hes a starter, and hes not a guy that goes out on the court and blocks a lot of shots or at least alters the shots of oppenents, So If Thorn can get Jamaal Magloire for Collins and a Second round pick I say go for it.

Is that a little bit better gigantes?

There's still a bunch of mistakes actually. Mostly unnecessary capitlization, but there are also some serious gramatical errors.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #15
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that's better, whaley. you make a lot of sense to me.

sorry i was being so "miss manners". was in a crappy mood i guess.

most trade scenerious piss me off anyway and i know i need to lighten up...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: