Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
BullsAj
Kids at the park dunk on me

BullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ric Bucher: "Derrick Rose is my MVP candidate"

Ric Bucher: "Derrick Rose is my MVP candidate"
  • He was on ESPN Radio and he mentioned Rose is his candidate for MVP.
  • He thinks Hollinger is delusional because Hollinger says Rose isn't elite because Rose doesn't quite to the line, but it is due to the lack of respect from the refs.
Link:
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd= ... =ESPNRADIO
BullsAj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Ric Bucher: "Derrick Rose is my MVP candidate"

And lebron is my MVP candidate.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amare Stoudemire
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
hkfosho
National High School Star

hkfosho has not been impressing people

D-Rose MVP 2010-2011. It's gonna happen folks.
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

As much as I'd love that, Bulls have the 8th best record in the league and with Keith-worst-starter-in-the-league-Bogans as their SG, they have no shot at getting a good enough record for Rose to be a serious MVP candidate this season. You have to play for a Top 5 team to have a shot, so as of right now it's between Dirk and LeBron.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
As much as I'd love that, Bulls have the 8th best record in the league and with Keith-worst-starter-in-the-league-Bogans as their SG, they have no shot at getting a good enough record for Rose to be a serious MVP candidate this season. You have to play for a Top 5 team to have a shot, so as of right now it's between Dirk and LeBron.
this
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #7
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

The only reason I wouldn't vomit if Rose won it this year is because I predicted he'd be a top 5 pg of all time when he entered the draft....but if he actually wins it this year....wow.....so no, he won't win it. I will bet 1 billion dollars of real money that he won't. I will bet 2 billion dollars of real money that neither him or Amare will win it this year.

I will actually bet 10 trillion dollars of real money that Amare will never win the MVP award.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
D-Rose MVP 2010-2011. It's gonna happen folks.

LOL

0 chance

his team will be lucky to win 50 games and his stats aren't even that great. If Durant didn't win it last year, Rose sure as hell isn't winning it this year. He's not even better than Deron Williams who has better stats and a better team record.

The MVP will be Dirk if the Mavs don't slide, LeBron if the Heat win 66+ games, or Durant and you can book that.

Orlando won't win enough games for Dwight and lol @ amare hype
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
hkfosho

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose
LOL

0 chance

his team will be lucky to win 50 games and his stats aren't even that great. If Durant didn't win it last year, Rose sure as hell isn't winning it this year. He's not even better than Deron Williams who has better stats and a better team record.

The MVP will be Dirk if the Mavs don't slide, LeBron if the Heat win 66+ games, or Durant and you can book that.

Orlando won't win enough games for Dwight and lol @ amare hype

Durant will never win an MVP title. The kid is trash who chucks up shots all day. The Bulls will have a better record than OKC, they still winning games without Noah and a missing SG at the starting line-up. Drose stats > Dwills. Plz, just don't even talk about Durant when he's not even in top 10 of MVP candidacy... Westbrook is the man of that team.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Dirk
Dwight
Lebron

i hope Dirk gets it again
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
BullsAj
Kids at the park dunk on me

BullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected poster

some sweet drose vids i found:
drose chicago's MVP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Ve-MukXPM
drose the new generation PG's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rhAkgeCpjU

check em out brothers.
BullsAj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #12
Roundball_Rock
NBA lottery pick

Roundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy

Lebron's team is a grand total of 2 1/2 games ahead of Rose's and the Bulls are only 1 1/2 games behind 5th place Utah/LA--despite the Bulls arguably facing the toughest schedule in the league up to this point without his all-star 20/11 PF. You are right that generally speaking a player has to be on a top 5 team in the league to have a shot but you are assuming the Bulls have no shot at moving up the leader board. The Bulls will not catch Dallas, the Spurs, Boston and probably not the Heat but none of those teams have a player who blows Rose out the water as a MVP candidate. If Rose can lead the Bulls to 55+ wins he has a very good shot at being MVP.

Last year Durant finished 2nd in MVP voting on a 50 win #8 seed that placed in a four-way tied for the 9th best record in the league.

It won't just be about rankings but rather the gap between teams. If the Bulls place 7th in the league with 55 wins while third place has, say, 58 wins that difference is negligible and would have a minimal impact on MVP voting.

Right now Dirk's team is on pace for 67 wins, Lebron's 59, Rose's 54 and Amare and Howard's 49. If that kind of disparity holds over 82 games Rose is done but if Dallas comes down to Earth, the Bulls improve their winning percentage--as they should with Boozer back and having the tough part of their schedule out the way--Rose would have a shot in a scenario where Dallas wins 63 games, Miami 60, and the Bulls 57.

Quote:

the Bulls are on pace for 54 wins despite having arguably the toughest schedule in the league thus far without their all-star 20/11 PF for much of that time. The Bulls will easily reach 50 wins. The question for Rose's MVP chances are whether they can clear the 55 win mark. I think the Bulls will provided the team remains reasonably healthy.

Last edited by Roundball_Rock : 12-27-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
evilmonkey
Banned

evilmonkey posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryevilmonkey posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

No..... Lebron will become the 3rd back-to-back-to-back MVP winner in NBA history.....

25-7-7
shooting 47% FG, 37% 3PT, 78% FT in 37mpg
3 triple doubles
11 double doubles
And has one of the best records in the NBA, 2nd in East.At the end of the season Heat could maybe have the best record in the NBA

Last edited by evilmonkey : 12-27-2010 at 02:57 PM.
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
Durant will never win an MVP title. The kid is trash who chucks up shots all day. The Bulls will have a better record than OKC, they still winning games without Noah and a missing SG at the starting line-up. Drose stats > Dwills. Plz, just don't even talk about Durant when he's not even in top 10 of MVP candidacy... Westbrook is the man of that team.

I suggest you look at the updated journalists rankings, Durant is top 3-6 in ALL of them.

How dumb can you be, seriously? Durant's FG% is the same as Rose's despite having a horrible first month, he's averaging 30/6/4/1/1 on 52/40 in December.

OKC is on pace for 56 wins, LOL @ the Bulls surpassing that. Oh Bulls still winning without Noah? Thunder are winning with no frontcourt whatsoever and Westbrook chucking the past 3 weeks to the tune of 39 FG%.

As for Rose vs Williams, you fvcking idiot

24.3 ppg 20.4 FGA 53.3 TS% 4.8 rpg 8.4 apg 3.8 to/g

vs

22.4 ppg 15.8 FGA 59.0 TS% 4.0 rpg 9.6 apg 3.2 to/g

I'm happy Rose is able to chuck 5 more shots for 2 more ppg

LOL @ your stupidity
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
hkfosho

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose
I suggest you look at the updated journalists rankings, Durant is top 3-6 in ALL of them.

How dumb can you be, seriously? Durant's FG% is the same as Rose's despite having a horrible first month, he's averaging 30/6/4/1/1 on 52/40 in December.

OKC is on pace for 56 wins, LOL @ the Bulls surpassing that. Oh Bulls still winning without Noah? Thunder are winning with no frontcourt whatsoever and Westbrook chucking the past 3 weeks to the tune of 39 FG%.

As for Rose vs Williams, you fvcking idiot

24.3 ppg 20.4 FGA 53.3 TS% 4.8 rpg 8.4 apg 3.8 to/g

vs

22.4 ppg 15.8 FGA 59.0 TS% 4.0 rpg 9.6 apg 3.2 to/g

I'm happy Rose is able to chuck 5 more shots for 2 more ppg

LOL @ your stupidity

OKC will never make it deep into the playoffs, that's just wishful thinking. And I never knew MVP awards were dependent on just the month of december Durant is inconsistent. Inconsistent players have no place in the MVP candidacy. Russell had to carry that horrible team cause Durant choked and couldn't live up to his expectations. Comparing Rose to Dwill already implies he's a top 1-2 PG in the league, thx for contributing to his achievements even more
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: