Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #16
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Ric Bucher: "Derrick Rose is my MVP candidate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
OKC will never make it deep into the playoffs, that's just wishful thinking. And I never knew MVP awards were dependent on just the month of december Durant is inconsistent. Inconsistent players have no place in the MVP candidacy. Russell had to carry that horrible team cause Durant choked and couldn't live up to his expectations. Comparing Rose to Dwill already implies he's a top 1-2 PG in the league, thx for contributing to his achievements even more

You do realize Kevin Durant finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year, right?

If you really believe he's inconsistent because he had 1 bad month then you are beyond delusional. And if you really think he will not finish top 4 in the MVP at worst then I just have to laugh.

Rose is now shooting 44% in the month of December and it appears as if he's no longer the best player on his team, that would be Boozer. Don't argue with someone smarter than you are.
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #17
hkfosho
National High School Star

hkfosho has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose
You do realize Kevin Durant finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year, right?

Rose is now shooting 44% in the month of November and it appears as if he's no longer the best player on his team, that would be Boozer. Don't argue with Durant's wifey.

Sorry miss, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You've stated earlier that the Bulls will be "lucky" to get 50 wins which implies that it has an effect on Rose's MVP candidacy, yet you brought up Durant's 2nd place in the MVP voting last year while being 8th in the West. Good logic there dumbass . Only reason why Rose takes more shots than needed is because the Bulls offence is limited. Use your brain
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
OKC will never make it deep into the playoffs, that's just wishful thinking. And I never knew MVP awards were dependent on just the month of december Durant is inconsistent. Inconsistent players have no place in the MVP candidacy. Russell had to carry that horrible team cause Durant choked and couldn't live up to his expectations. Comparing Rose to Dwill already implies he's a top 1-2 PG in the league, thx for contributing to his achievements even more

This has nothing to do with MVP voting. The MVP is handed out before the finals.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #19
Roundball_Rock
NBA lottery pick

Roundball_Rock has a near all-star reputation hereRoundball_Rock has a near all-star reputation hereRoundball_Rock has a near all-star reputation hereRoundball_Rock has a near all-star reputation hereRoundball_Rock has a near all-star reputation hereRoundball_Rock has a near all-star reputation here

Is Durant even the MVP on his own team?

Durant: 28/7/3 46%
Westbrook: 23/5/8 44%

Durant grabs only 1 1/2 more rebounds than his PG.

Keep in mind Rose has his team third in his conference despite missing Boozer for weeks. Imagine OKC without Westbrook...
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Sorry miss, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You've stated earlier that the Bulls will be "lucky" to get 50 wins which implies that it has an effect on Rose's MVP candidacy, yet you brought up Durant's 2nd place in the MVP voting last year while being 8th in the West. Good logic there dumbass . Only reason why Rose takes more shots than needed is because the Bulls offence is limited. Use your brain

Uh..Are you really trying to compare Rose to the numbers Durant put up last season?

He averaged 30 and 8 on less FGA than it's taking Rose to average 24 ppg

They won 50 games last season after winning 23 the previous season you clown and Durant flat out destroyed the league averaging 32 ppg from mid December->April
Old 12-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
YouCallILose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
Is Durant even the MVP on his own team?

Durant: 28/7/3 46%
Westbrook: 23/5/8 44%

Durant grabs only 1 1/2 more rebounds than his PG.

Keep in mind Rose has his team third in his conference despite missing Boozer for weeks. Imagine OKC without Westbrook...

Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+5.7
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+6.6
Net Points per 100 Possessions
+2.1
+3.1

Thunder are statistically better when Westbrook is not on the court and the offense is run entirely through Durant with Maynor at the point.

Seriously you Bulls fans are so out of touch with reality. What have you done for me lately? Durant has flat out destroyed the league and will win WC Player of the month. Rose on the other hand has declined this month.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #22
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
Dirk
Dwight
Lebron

i hope Dirk gets it again
I would rather Dirk get that ring then get a MVP again, also it would give a ring to my favorite player J. Kidd
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #23
hkfosho

Quote:
Uh..Are you really trying to compare Rose to the numbers Durant put up last season?

He averaged 30 and 8 on less FGA than it's taking Rose to average 24 ppg

They won 50 games last season after winning 23 the previous season you clown and Durant flat out destroyed the league averaging 32 ppg from mid December->April

since when did I compare a PG's stats to an SG's stats? I was comparing their records dumbass. It takes a lot of skill to avg 32 ppg while half of those come from the ft-line doesn't it? . Rose doesn't need whistles to put up points, unlike Mr.Chuckfest Durant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG-A_lfQlvI <---- pretty much sums up the case here

Last edited by hkfosho : 12-27-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've got Howard and Dirk leading the race.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #25
YouCallILose
Banned

Quote:
since when did I compare a PG's stats to an SG's stats? I was comparing their records dumbass. It takes a lot of skill to avg 32 ppg while half of those come from the ft-line doesn't it? . Rose doesn't need whistles to put up points, unlike Mr.Chuckfest Durant.

He averaged 9 ppg from the line..he shot 51% from the field and 42% from 3

From December 16->the end of the season Durant averaged 32/8/3 on 51/42/91...so yes clearly chucking. You take November out of the equation and he's shooting 51% over the past 2 seasons, chucker that Durant is.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #26
hkfosho

Quote:
He averaged 9 ppg from the line..he shot 51% from the field and 42% from 3

From December 16->the end of the season Durant averaged 32/8/3 on 51/42/91...so yes clearly chucking. You take November out of the equation and he's shooting 51% over the past 2 seasons, chucker that Durant is.

Unforunately, you can't take a month out of the equation , it only proves that Durant is inconsistent. This is the reason why Westbrook is considered a top 5 PG, because the leader of the team couldn't even step it up. Durant's inconistency will continue to ride him throughout the season, MVP my ass
Old 12-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #27
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Durant > Rose

Rose is a great player but doesnt use his jumper with confidence and consistency, once he masters the j he will be unstoppable
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #28
bbms
I airball my layups

bbms has an OK reputation so far

D-Rose had a very good frontcourt with Deng-Boozer-Noah. Korver is very good role player. I don't think he plays alone in offensive end(ppl only put offensive stats on discussion, so...). Today he is not MVP contender. Big5 this season is LeBron, Dirk, Stoudemire, Howard and D-Will. CP3, Gasol and Rondo droped out from MVP-shot.

D-Rose, Westbrook and Durant have to develop to MVP but they are brilliant(omg, Westbrook-Durant combine for 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals and 51 points per game... monster numbers).
bbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbms
D-Rose had a very good frontcourt with Deng-Boozer-Noah. Korver is very good role player. I don't think he plays alone in offensive end(ppl only put offensive stats on discussion, so...). Today he is not MVP contender. Big5 this season is LeBron, Dirk, Stoudemire, Howard and D-Will. CP3, Gasol and Rondo droped out from MVP-shot.

D-Rose, Westbrook and Durant have to develop to MVP but they are brilliant(omg, Westbrook-Durant combine for 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals and 51 points per game... monster numbers).
So the other guys don't have good players around them? Wow the hate for the bulls in this forum is just phenomenal. But then I bet if a thread was made asking who the best team in the league was, you and bullss like you, would be knocking those very same players on the bulls. Deng, would be too inconsistant, boozer doesn't play any defense, noah offense is terrible etc. Wow the double standard is just maddening.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #30
Irish
Sussudio

Irish has decent reputation

Dirk has odds of 16/1 or (+1700 American) here in the UK for the MVP

I'm all over that price
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: