Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Trade Rumours:: Magic and Bobcats - Diaw for Jason richardson

Quote:
Forward Boris Diaw(notes) came to the Charlotte Bobcats in a December trade two years ago and now he may be exiting the team via a December trade now.

The Boston Globe has it that Diaw could be headed to the Orlando Magic in exchange for a fella who used to play for the Bobcats, swingman Jason Richardson(notes), who has only been in Orlando for four games since being traded from the Phoenix Suns.

As the Globe reports, Richardson's $14.4 million contract is up at season's end while Diaw has a player option for $9 million next season.

This might help bobcats with their running game.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
CBLhoops
Banned

CBLhoops is a pretty well-respected posterCBLhoops is a pretty well-respected posterCBLhoops is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Trade Rumours:: Magic and Bobcats - Diaw for Jason richardson

the magic have had jrich for like 4 games?

no way they trade him so soon
CBLhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLhoops

this
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
NoEasy9
Banned

NoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation here

It wouldnt make sense for either team, but since the Magic are possible contenders...I'm all for it.

Boris Diaw has been a bum and nothing but a bum ever since he left Phoenix. I am just curious why the Bobcats have any interest in Jason Richardson again. Oh yeah, I forgot...MJ is in charge over there.
NoEasy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

Apocalyptic0n3 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLhoops

Sheed played a grand total of one game in Atlanta before being shipped to Detroit. Granted, that was always the plan for them (get him and trade him immediately), but who's to say Orlando didn't have the same plan?
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

But they just beat two of the hottest teams in the NBA? I don't get why they would break that up.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
NoEasy9
Banned

NoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
But they just beat two of the hottest teams in the NBA? I don't get why they would break that up.
Did you really think it was because the Magic were more talented or something? You are insane if you think that...

The Magic won those two games, because the Spurs were tired as hell and I remember reading SinJackal's post on how badly the schedule was made for the Spurs to play the Magic.

And as for the Celtics, they won because of injuries and because of Jermaine O'Neal and Nate Robinson. If Jermaine didn't play, the Celtics would have won...and if Rondo played? Blowout...
Old 12-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoEasy9
It wouldnt make sense for either team, but since the Magic are possible contenders...I'm all for it.

Boris Diaw has been a bum and nothing but a bum ever since he left Phoenix. I am just curious why the Bobcats have any interest in Jason Richardson again. Oh yeah, I forgot...MJ is in charge over there.

Diaw has averaged more points with Charlotte than he did in his stint with the Suns
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic0n3
Sheed played a grand total of one game in Atlanta before being shipped to Detroit. Granted, that was always the plan for them (get him and trade him immediately), but who's to say Orlando didn't have the same plan?

I agree,

Richardson is starter material, no way orlando drops his minutes and stock then trade him away for less when they can just trade him now for better pieces.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Did you really think it was because the Magic were more talented or something? You are insane if you think that...

The Magic won those two games, because the Spurs were tired as hell and I remember reading SinJackal's post on how badly the schedule was made for the Spurs to play the Magic.

And as for the Celtics, they won because of injuries and because of Jermaine O'Neal and Nate Robinson. If Jermaine didn't play, the Celtics would have won...and if Rondo played? Blowout...

EXCUSES!!!!!
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Quote:

the Magic were tired too considering they had played 3 games in 4 days when they played the Spurs. then they played Boston 2 nights afterward. their first game that week was against the Hawks.

the Magic won both games because they made shots, while the other team didn't. thats really what it all came down to. nothing complicated, no excuses because if you want to go that route the Magic have more excuses than any of those teams to lose.
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I thought the Magic did the PHX trade to get J Rich, not to get Turk, he was just part of the deal. And I think this report is based off a report from a couple of days ago saying that Charlotte was going to offer Diaw for Richardson, that doesn't mean Orlando would think about it.

I can't see Orlando trading Jason, I think they'd try to find a big man another way (like Duhon, Redick, QRich)...
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
NoEasy9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama
the Magic were tired too considering they had played 3 games in 4 days when they played the Spurs. then they played Boston 2 nights afterward. their first game that week was against the Hawks.

the Magic won both games because they made shots, while the other team didn't. thats really what it all came down to. nothing complicated, no excuses because if you want to go that route the Magic have more excuses than any of those teams to lose.
Nope, you guys won because the Celtics had injuries and the Spurs were tired, they were playing on a back to back too.

lol at Magic made their shots. I will say they made clutch shots, but they didn't make most of their shots. And what excuses did the Magic have? Fatigue? Doubt it. Injuries? Hell no. You have nothing. Your Magic were suppose to win.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama

Bro, the Spurs played a tough game the night before, had to hop on a plane and get in Orlando (they lost an hour) at 5 am. Get sleep and play an early game.

Orlando having the day before off and playing in Orlando is not even remotely similar to what the Spurs went through. That's why Pop just didn't play the starters much in the second halve.

No excuses about the loss, we got it handled to us that night and we played like big time crap, but please don't try and act like the situations were similar. They weren't.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
NoEasy9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
Diaw has averaged more points with Charlotte than he did in his stint with the Suns
He is also averaging less rebounds and less assists...which was what made him so unique when he was with the Suns. This guy is a bum. I'm all in for the deal, because the Magic would clearly get worse.

Quote:
I can't see Orlando trading Jason, I think they'd try to find a big man another way (like Duhon, Redick, QRich)...
Diaw technically is a big man...he was versatile enough with Phoenix to play the 5.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: