Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #61
raiderfan19
Shazam!

wow is this reggie bushs coming out party? Horrible angle by the corner.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #62
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Touchdown Reggie Bush, 2nd of the day.

14-3 Saints
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #63
West-Side
Decent college freshman

The reason I would offer Lucas or Gamble, is because we have Richard Marshall (rookie) outplaying both of them this season. Of course I wouldn't mind keeping the 1st round pick, but I doubt Atlanta will give us Vick for just those 3 players. (Unless he really wanted out)
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #64
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I honestly don't see how you cannot view a 31-13 beatdown at home as a dominating performance. It's your opinion obviously, and I don't think I can change that, so there is obviously no point in even trying.

Because you're not LISTENING to me. Saints jump out on Falcons 14-0.

Atlanta is on the goaline. Settles for a FG.
Atlanta is on the goaline again. Settles for a FG.

Poor playcalling down there where they passed more than they ran. This team isnt a passing attack offense yet they get to the offense and want to be one? RUN THE BALL!

14-6, still a game

Saints throw a hailmary pass and instead of Falcons DB's KNOCKIN THE BALL DOWN, they GO FOR A STAT. D.Hall especially who wanted to pick it off and run it back like a dumbass. Saints get the TD. Half ends

21-6

Falcons score a TD in the 3rd. Falcons D has stepped up. Keeps Saints from scoring. Atlanta has oppurtunities to SCORE and erase the 8pt deficit. They fail due to dropped passes and poor playcalling. Your D cant contain an offensive attack in the NFL but for so long. Cant keep bailing out the offense because the opposing teams offense will get the CAR started. Atlanta had NO turning the key and the engine wouldnt turn over. It turned over in the 4th. Roddy White catches that pass in the 4th quarter the game is 24-20 Saints. Could change the momentum of the game...but he drops it and Saints score on the drive.

Sorry but Saints didnt dominate the game any more than the Falcons phucked it up. Thats what i mean by Falcons laying an egg at home in a must win situation. They needed that win and had chances to help their cause and failed. Saints defense isnt great, wouldnt call it good. Avg if not above perhaps. No excuse for Atlanta not to take advantage when it was there.

You should be more convinced the Saints didnt dominate them more than I should. Lets keep it real here.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #65
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Why would Atlanta do that trade? They have Dunn, they don't need Foster. And they wouldn't trade Vick for Jake.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #66
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
BS, we trade away Jake Delhomme and Deshaun Foster for Michael Vick...we still have DeAngelo Williams (who's better then Foster), Goings and Shelton to give the ball too....we'll be picking up a top 5 QB...in exchange we give DeAngelo the starting role, pick up an all-world QB...give up a 1st round pick and Gamble/Lucas who will make Atlanta's pass defense even more prolific along side Hall.

This trade satisfies both teams...especially since Carolina's offensive core isn't doing too well this season.
heres the problem Vick is not an all world qb nor is he even top 5.

5 CLEARLY better qbs,

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
*Romo(haha had to throw this in there but seriously)
Mcnabb
Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #67
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

2 TDs for Bush, already the best game he's had so far.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #68
raiderfan19
Shazam!

also something i think some of you are forgetting, Vick is pretty much untradeable even if they want to for salary cap reasons. Vick is the highest paid player in the nfl. Aside from signing bonuses being sped up, i just dont see anyone being able to take on that contract.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
So one game where they scored 16 points but had 600 yards in offense is a slump? They scored 31 points in the previous two games before that. The game they lost they had two interceptions in the end zone and another returned for a touchdown. Now there's an egg.

Saints offense stalled from the 2nd quarter until mid fourth. (I'm not counting that hail mary pass as OFFENSE. Luck play. Botched even)

Saints scored fast and early jumping out 14-0. Offense stalled as the Atlanta D contained them giving Atlanta CHANCES. You follow me now? The offense stalled in THAT game from the 2nd quarter to mid 4th. You FOLLOW?

Let me know. What games did everyone else watch? Wow!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #70
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
also something i think some of you are forgetting, Vick is pretty much untradeable even if they want to for salary cap reasons. Vick is the highest paid player in the nfl. Aside from signing bonuses being sped up, i just dont see anyone being able to take on that contract.

I was getting ready to jump all over that. Got caught up in the saints vs falcons game crap. But yeah Vick is untradable. Its impossible to trade him.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #71
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Why would Atlanta do that trade? They have Dunn, they don't need Foster. And they wouldn't trade Vick for Jake.

I'm assuming Vick asks to be traded, and Atlanta has a good pocket QB on the bench? Jake would be a nice backup, or starter for the next 3 years for this team...Foster is a young RB who can get the team the tough yards...plus the 1st round pick and a shut down corner (Lucas) makes this deal real nice for Atlanta if Vick demands a trade.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #72
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

How is the team that leads the NFL in offense in a slump? Stalling for a couple of quarters will happen to most teams in a game. It's not a slump. You know enough about football to follow that.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #73
miles berg
MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I'm assuming Vick asks to be traded, and Atlanta has a good pocket QB on the bench? Jake would be a nice backup, or starter for the next 3 years for this team...Foster is a young RB who can get the team the tough yards...plus the 1st round pick and a shut down corner (Lucas) makes this deal real nice for Atlanta if Vick demands a trade.

Atl has no need for Foster with Dunn and Jerious Norwood already there.

Better give up one of your defensive linemen not named Peppers instead.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #74
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
5 CLEARLY better qbs,

Yeah...Vick really has (Owens/Glenn)..(Johnson/TJ)....(Harrison/Wayne)...(Bush, Horn/Colston/Henderson).

Vick never had such elite group of receivers...he does so much on his own, I think he'll do great with Steve Smith & Keyshawn Johnson by his side.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #75
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

So you give up Vick for another guy who's not arguably any better than your back up, and trade for an oft-injured running back? Bright spot is the pick. But this trade is just too one sided. All that for Vick. Not worth it to the Panthers.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: