Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default How would you feel if...

The Knicks traded Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves for Luke Ridnour. It's rumoured that the Wolves have interest in Randolph and I think Ridnour would be the perfect back-up PG, which is what we've been looking for. I heard the Knicks want Ridnour for him but Kahn doesn't want to give him up. Why? Its not like you dont already have 4 PGs.

I really think Rid is a step in the right direction considering he can help us unlike Randolph right now.

We would still need a big man to come off the bench though. I think trading Kaz for one wouldnt be a bad idea.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How would you feel if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The Knicks traded Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves for Luke Ridnour. It's rumoured that the Wolves have interest in Randolph and I think Ridnour would be the perfect back-up PG, which is what we've been looking for. I heard the Knicks want Ridnour for him but Kahn doesn't want to give him up. Why? Its not like you dont already have 4 PGs.

I really think Rid is a step in the right direction considering he can help us unlike Randolph right now.

We would still need a big man to come off the bench though. I think trading Kaz for one wouldnt be a bad idea.

I'd take AR4 to Minneapolis by rickshaw tomorrow.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We can get a lot more for Randolph than just Luke Ridnour.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with what Sarcastic gets. Looking at Randolphs potential and the interest teams have shown in him in previous years makes me think we can get a lot more in return. Ridnour would fit right in but is still just a backup point guard. I wouldn't be mad if it happened, I would like to get a draft pick tho. If we can trade Kaz for some big man that would be great. But he will need to play first and produce in order to get some value.

For the short term this is a good trade because it would help us get in the Playoffs, but in the long term we might regret this.

Felton / Ridnour / Douglas

That's a very good PG rotation.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Agreed.The only reason his trade value went down is because we lowered it. Until he came here,he was considered a pretty decent commodity and was "full of potential".It's Mike D'antoni's fault he never sees the floor.If we trade him for Ridnour we're pretty much admitting Walsh blew the David Lee trade big time.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Agreed.The only reason his trade value went down is because we lowered it. Until he came here,he was considered a pretty decent commodity and was "full of potential".It's Mike D'antoni's fault he never sees the floor.If we trade him for Ridnour we're pretty much admitting Walsh blew the David Lee trade big time.
Agreed, the trade was to get something for lee.

Kaz being injured already looks like he will not suit up as a Knick.

Turiaf was not expect to be this vital.

It was Randolph being rejuvenated in D'antoni's offense that was the highlight of this trade.

He goes and this trade appears to be worthless.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I'm curious to see what other deals were in place for David Lee. I want to see if Walsh picked the right one.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm curious to see what other deals were in place for David Lee. I want to see if Walsh picked the right one.
Could've had Monta Ellis possibly.

That rumor was floating around during the summer.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

more than a pointguard at this moment, for us to compete against any half decent team, we need a freaking center. No one on our team is capable of boxing out
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Minny turned down the Knicks for Rid and offered Telfair for Randolph (:vomit:)YUCK! on both offers!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'd definitely like Ridnour as a back-up PG. Still, I'd rather they send Anthony Randolph to Houston for the first round pick that was rumored a few weeks ago.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

You know what? I would do AR for Telfair. As long as Minny throws in a 1st rd pick. Telfair fills a need for us right now. AR is buried so far in Coach's D'oghouse, it ain't funny. From what I heard, even in practice AR keeps making the same mistakes over and over. He just doesn't get it I guess.

So once again, I would do the trade, Telfair's contract is up after this season also. What would we have to lose?
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #13
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
You know what? I would do AR for Telfair. As long as Minny throws in a 1st rd pick. Telfair fills a need for us right now. AR is buried so far in Coach's D'oghouse, it ain't funny. From what I heard, even in practice AR keeps making the same mistakes over and over. He just doesn't get it I guess.

So once again, I would do the trade, Telfair's contract is up after this season also. What would we have to lose?

It's AR for Sebastian Telfair straight up. Do you still do it?

GTFO Kahn. Go lick Darko's balls. That's probably the worst trade ever, we can find a guard in the D-League or in free agency who is near the level of Sebastian without giving up AR.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:12 PM   #14
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

I would prefer to see the Knicks get that 1st round pick than get Ridnour. The Knicks need help in so many ways. Instead of banking on a cheap pg the Knicks, I hope, are looking into ways of obtaining Carmelo Anthony. The knicks need him.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they offered Telfair and the 1st rounder for Randolph...I'd do it in a heartbeat! N not just cuz Im a Telfair fan.We finally have cap space and a young nucleus.Let's fill our roster spots with some youth for once.Besides, Telfair is a more than capable backup pg.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: