Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
Babalu
We want Tacos!

Default Noah, Jordan, Young Available, Should I make a move?

12 team
head to head
9 stats

Here's my players. I'm wondering if I should make any pickups. Deandre Jordan and Joakim Noah and Nick Young are all FA's right now. I ask because daniel gibson and aaron brooks just seem questionable to me right now. I've kept aaron brooks all season long since i didn't want anyone to pick him up but when he did come back, he didn't do much. and gibson seems like he might be racking up the injuries. Would anyone make any moves? I've only lost 1 week so far.

My Team:

Russel Westbrook
Aaron Brooks
Daniel Gibson

Arron Affalo
Jason Terry
Wesley Mathews

Grant Hill
Luol Deng
Tayshaun Prince

Lamar Odom
Blake Griffin

Pau Gasol
Roy Hibbert

Last edited by Babalu : 01-07-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #2
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Default Re: Noah, Jordan, Young Available, Should I make a move?

I like Noah as an add and stash if you can tolerate the weeks without him. He is close to having the cast off and is making progress towards returning, although the target is still late Feb. - early March per the reports I've seen.

I know he's been hot lately but I've never been a huge fan of Prince for fantasy purposes, since he doesn't do much outside of decent points (his FT% isn't that high, and he doesn't get much steals, blocks, or 3's). It might be hard to sit with injured players in a H2H league though.

Gibson is also a borderline fantasy player, even pre-injury, and was mostly valued for his 3's. I would consider moving him for Nick Young to keep up the 3's, or for Jordan to lock down blocks, since it looks like you win those some weeks but don't have either category locked down.

I'm not sure what's going on with Brooks. I also own him in a league and he didn't do anything after returning from injury and is injured again. The reports are that they are going to ease him back slowly this time around, so it's hard to tell when he will have an impact again. Regardless, I would hang onto him at least until they state clear plans about what his role will be with the team.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

I'd add Jordan for Prince and Young for Gibson, they announced that Gibson will miss the entire 5 game road trip the Cavs are starting and there's concern its a high-ankle sprain, which potentially means a long time out and a slow recovery back.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
eeemmad
I airball my layups

Since you have Pts, Reb, and Assists on Lock, I think you should pick up Noah and wait for his return. He'll give you a high FG% and 2.5 Blocks a game and that should make you win any week.
eeemmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
barkleynash
Local High School Star

grab noah, it's a no brainer.

ps i was sad when hendo knocked out babalu
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
lakeshow2011
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Youre team is very solid. If you can whether Noah being out till possibly late february then he might be a great pickup for the playoffs. If I were you I would probably drop Grant Hill (just got a knee injury, they said it might not be that serious but he has a history of knee problems) and store Noah until he gets back. I would also consider dropping Gibson and picking up Young. Boobie's out for the next 4 games and could be longer. N Young just exploded for 43 points last night with 7 3's, and hes probably going to be a huge scoring threat for the Wizards the second half of the season with Gil gone and Wall in and out of the lineup
lakeshow2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: