Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #151
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

DRUMGEE has an OK reputation so far
Default just cause you don't know em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
ok heres the deal with some of you...

if I didn't know you were a fan of a particular team before this post, then you are not a hardcore fan. period.

that goes for Wuxia, Kiwi Boy, hawker, and pretty much everyone listed as a "hardcore Jazz fan" that showed up sometime around the middle of the 12-1 start.

Trivia to know if you really are a hardcore Jazz fan:

1. Wich city did the Jazz originate?
2. What year did they move to SLC?
3. What was the name of Utahs pro b-ball team before the Jazz?
4. Who came first-Mark Eaton, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Darrel Griffeth, Thurl Bailey?
5. Who was the "Brown Bear"?
6. What year did Malone guarantee a playoff game victory over the Lakers?
7. What year did the Delta Center replace the Salt Palace?
8. Who did the Jazz trade for Jeff Hornacek?
9. How many did Malone score the night after he was snubbed as the starter for the All-Star game in favor of AC Green?
10. Who were they playing that night?
11. Name five players other than Malone, Hornacek, Stockton, or Ostertag
from the 1997 finals team.
12. What year did the Jazz draft Kirelinko? How long did he stay in Russia?
13. How many years did Kirelinko play with Stock and Malone?
14. Who owns the Jazz?
15. How many playoff years did the Jazz have in a row before 2004?
16. The Jazz had the draft right to Dominique wilkens, what did they trade for him?
17. Who did Sloan replace? When?
18. Did the Jazz try out Boozer and have an oppurtunity to draft him ahead of Cleveland?
19. Were you hoping for Chris Paul or Deron Williams in the draft?
20. Who is the only Jazz rookie to win ROY?
I could go on and on.

I know I am new to the board but:
I am hardcore, I am THE Jazz fan. I am here to stay. Period.
If anybody can get 100% I will come up with 20 more questions, if you get 100% on that, and then stump me on a Jazz question, Then and only Then are we Jazz Equals.

Bonus question: Who has their numbers retired by the Jazz?, and what current assistant coach in the league is involved in a number retiring controversy with the Jazz?

Bonus question 2: Who represented the Jazz in the slam dunk contest the year the All-Stars were in SLC. Was it snowing that day?
DRUMGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #152
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

I could answer at least most of your questions, but if I did, it'd mean I accepted your stupid "if you don't know as much about the Jazz as my little book my dad gave me does" claim. Which I don't.

Let me put it this way: being able to answer these 20 questions does not make you a "hardcore Jazz fan", it makes you a person who knows 20 facts ranging from common knowledge to the utterly obscure about the Jazz.

If you're a Jazz fan, welcome to the family. If you're another alias of TMOGE, fine by me. But either way, quit parading up and down trying to prove your the GHCFOAT.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #153
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

I just wanted to get my first ribbing from ya'all on the board.

Seems like you have to piss people off to get any love around here, and I wanna make the list, the new guy has to come out punching.
Anyway Heritik you can argue with me wether i'm a hardcore Jazz fan, you know something about the old and new Jazz.
geeWhiz on the other hand doesn't and can't claim who is and isn't hardcore until he actually knows the person and the team.
It's all fun and games.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #154
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lascar, tontoz, JohnnyBravo = Hawks fans
Kd Da Kid = Bobcats fans
BFRESH = Heat fan
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #155
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

put me under Nets!
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #156
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

I'm a Raptors fan. I used to post a lot when the new board opened up, but lately I haven't had much to say on the topics, I lurk around quite a lot during the day but never really have anything to post about.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #157
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32

If you're a Jazz fan, welcome to the family.

am i the ninth or tenth child?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #158
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

you were adopted
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #159
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
you were adopted

sweet, at least i have a family.
hey jazzers anybody go to cottonwood, east, or brighton highschool in the mid nineties?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #160
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

i'm not that old, i'm still going to east high
Old 12-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #161
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
i'm not that old, i'm still going to east high
go leapords huh?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #162
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

yeah
Old 12-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #163
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JRT is ahuge timberwolves fan, thats what I think lol.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #164
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

indiana pacers for me.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #165
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWI BOY
cool dude thats four so far!

you can count me as five although I am not at ISH as often as I was at the old board
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: