Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #46
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Players you thought were gonna be Stars

Sebastian Telfair
Randy Foye
Dejuan Wagner
Demarcus Nelson
Greg Oden
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #47
Kingsfans818
Good High School Starter

Kingsfans818 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Shaun Livingston I thought was gonna become the next Magic Johnson. Guy was special and showed so many glimpses of greatness. Everytime he led a fastbreak I knew it would be a perfect dime or bucket. I haven't watched much of him since hes on the Bobcats now but he was my favorite player for awhile.

Hey I don't know about Magic Johnson but Livingston was going to be an incredible and unique talent..too bad the injury ruined the kid..

His pure passing ability and creativity are yet to be matched since Magic. (yes much better than a 19 year old Nash or Kidd)
Kingsfans818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #48
iDunk
RF.IS.CA.AB.TC.JS.AS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

- Greg Oden, I thought he was going to be a top 5 center by now. If it weren't for the injuries no doubt in my mind he would be a great player in this league.

- Darius Miles, thought he had it all except a brain, injuries slowed him down too.

- Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson, to be honest I really thought this kid was going to be great after watching some of his games. Sure its too early to tell but to be honest a rookie who pushed his girl down the stairs and hasn't played in a game yet this season doesn't really have a bright future ahead of him.

- Jarred Bayless, during summer league, Bayless really impressed me because he was just scoring at will but he just hasn't gotten the playing time. I still think the potential is there but I just don't think he's ever going to reach his star potential.

- Sean Williams, I am still dissapointed to his day for this kid not reaching his potential yet. Just because of the fact that he has so much, he was one of my favorite players to watch during his rookie season because of his highlight dunks and blocks but next season he just didn't get the playing time. He's now in the D-League playing good basketball, some team should really pick him up.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #49
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Big props to area 51. I was a fan. Never thought he'd star though, but always thought he'd have a long career because of his athleticism and he wasn't a complete dumbass.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #50
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quentin Richardson
Ricky Davis
TJ Ford
Larry Hughes

All deserve a mention.

And as much as I hate to admit it because I really like the guy Grant Hill. Too many injuries
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #51
lilWesleyJ4
BOSSMAN BEASLEY

lilWesleyJ4 has decent reputationlilWesleyJ4 has decent reputation

Anthony Randolph. Even though there still is time for him I seriously doubt he will ever be much better then what he already has shown (second year). Now he can't even get PT
lilWesleyJ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #52
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

i thought adam morrison could be a 20 ppg player
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #53
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Lamar Odom. Really. That guy could be so godly if he tried. 23/13/5 player if he wanted to be.
no pun intended is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #54
bbms
I airball my layups

bbms has an OK reputation so far

Lamar Odom.
bbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #55
VIP2000
High School Starter

VIP2000 has decent reputation

Dajuan Wagner
Jay Williams
Michael Dickerson
Eddy Curry
Sebastian Telfair
Larry Hughes - bought a bunch of this guy's rookie cards around the time he signed with the Cavs. Thought he would be the next Pippen.

Last edited by VIP2000 : 12-30-2010 at 07:30 PM.
VIP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #56
GiveItToBurrito

Yi Jianlian - watch him workout and you'd swear he's 6'6 or something. He's just so fluid and natural-looking with the ball, especially shooting, but he's just garbage and shouldn't even be in the league any more.

Gerald Green - all he needed was a little bit of a work ethic and he could have at least been Vince Carter. I'm still wondering what happened here, is he really that much of a moron?

Marvin Williams - I thought he could average 20 7 and 3 while playing the same role he does now. He's such a good jump shooter, he really needs to be taking and making threes like Jason Richardson.

Ike Diogu - I thought he'd at least be a starter. The guy's very talented, he just can't defend, and no one really intentionally acquires power forwards like that.

Craig Smith - see Ike Diogu comment

Jonathan Bender - great physical tools, but he was just too injury-prone and never got it together.

Eddy Curry - all he had to do was not get grotesquely obese and try a little bit, but he couldn't even do that.

Sergio Rodriguez - I thought he'd be a monster, maybe a 10 and 10 guy, with the Knicks.

Oden - I didn't think he'd keep on getting injured like this.

Tyrus Thomas - I'm still not sure why he's on the bench. He could be a 15 and 12 guy with all-league defense if he gets a chance to play 35 minutes a night.

Beasley - He kind of is becoming one, but I thought he'd be able to produce consistently with Miami.

Demarcus Cousins - I thought he'd be almost like Bynum Light this year.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #57
Mister JT
I hit open layups

Mister JT has an OK reputation so far

I thought Casey Jacobsen and Adam Morrison were gonna be stars. I never would have thought that Jason Kapono and Kyle Korver would have longer careers than Casey and Adam.

Semi OT

Out of the recent (2000s) draftees out of UNC, only a few have managed to have notable careers. I think only Felton, Marvin Williams and, to some extent, Lawson have had good and/or extended careers in the NBA.

Joe Forte, McCants, May, Hansbrough, Danny Green, Wright, Ellington, Jawad Williams have either been first round flops so far, or nondescript 2nd rounders.
Mister JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #58
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
[center]

- Jarred Bayless, during summer league, Bayless really impressed me because he was just scoring at will but he just hasn't gotten the playing time. I still think the potential is there but I just don't think he's ever going to reach his star potential.

I think Bayless is gonna reach his potential

He been sick with the Raptors this season
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #59
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Julian Wright... Don't know if I ever thought he had star potential but this guy can barely dribble.

Sebastian Telfair ... All the hype
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #60
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrbbt_11
Sean May- well maybe not *star* but double double type guy
and JJ Redick thought he was the white Ray Allen

HIS COLLEGE SKILLS WERE FANTASTIC.

Mike Redd

His work ethic was great in his early career , to allow the Bucks to move Allen for the Glove ...
But after one All-Star appearance , he had little support , and shouldered all of the offense for the Bucks.
Then he started having hip , knee and ankle issues ... and the rest is history.
For A SG 6'6" 210 , built like a little truck .. I thought he would hold up.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: