Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 12-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Should we make a move for a center before the deadline?

I think Presti needs to get a starting center thats an upgrade from Krstic before the deadline if we want to be championship contenders.

Two guys I would like to have and may be avalible around the deadline are Dalembert and Nene.

Here's one idea I had but it might be a bit of a stretch:

3 way trade between Orlando, Oklahoma City, and Denver

Oklahoma City Gets:
Nene
JJ Redick
Daniel Orton

Orlando Gets:
Nenad Krstic
Oklahoma City 1st (2011)

Denver Gets:
BJ Mullens
Mo Peterson
DJ White
Dequan Cook
Oklahoma City 1st (From Clippers, 2012)

Why?
Oklahoma City gets 2 pieces that make them contenders right away with a legit starting center in Nene and a great outside shooter in Redick. Orlanda gets a serviceable big man to back up Howard in Krstic and they don't mind losing Redick because they have so many guards. Denver is rebuilding (I assume they trade Melo before this trade happens) and they get 2 decent prospects in Mullens and White as well as 2 expiring contracts in Peterson and Cook. The Clippers 2012 pick could end up being a pretty high one too.

It works out financially:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=252c8pp

Any other ideas?
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
bbms
I airball my layups

bbms has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Should we make a move for a center before the deadline?

Hell yeah.

Nene woould fit prfectly I think. He has awesome shot selection, knows how to defend and score low post, unselfish and is very strong. I could see the post formation with Ibaka and Nene dominating the league.

But I don't think Nuggets would let him leave. Not right now that everyone is leaving. Nene is a nice player to have while they're rebuilding.

Marc Gasol would be just great, though. He has more resources at offensive end than Nene, and Ibaka could perfectly fill de D lack on his game.

Nene, Gasol or Chandler would make OKC WCF contender. We need a legit C.

Last edited by bbms : 12-30-2010 at 11:43 PM.
bbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Should we make a move for a center before the deadline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbms
Hell yeah.

Nene woould fit prfectly I think. He has awesome shot selection, knows how to defend and score low post, unselfish and is very strong. I could see the post formation with Ibaka and Nene dominating the league.

But I don't think Nuggets would let him leave. Not right now that everyone is leaving. Nene is a nice player to have while they're rebuilding.

Marc Gasol would be just great, though. He has more resources at offensive end than Nene, and Ibaka could perfectly fill de D lack on his game.
Nene is 28 so I think they might be willing to let him go for some good young talent. I'd be willing to trade Jeff Green if we really had to for Nene. Marc Gasol would be nice as well but I think a more athletic center would fit in better with the thunder.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: