Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Knicks @ Phiily - Friday, Feb 4th

I'm going to travel up to Philly for the game on 2/4/11. It's a Friday. StubHub.com has lower level tickets for approximately $40. For those of you living in the NYC area you can get fares on BoltBus right now for about $20 round trip. Its a two hour ride which isn't bad at all, especially if you bring a "bottle of entertainment".

I'll be leaving from down here in MD. If any of you decide to check it out let me know. I'm going out to eat before the game. Then after the game heading to a bar or lounge.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Knicks @ Phiily - Friday, Feb 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'm going to travel up to Philly for the game on 2/4/11. It's a Friday. StubHub.com has lower level tickets for approximately $40. For those of you living in the NYC area you can get fares on BoltBus right now for about $20 round trip. Its a two hour ride which isn't bad at all, especially if you bring a "bottle of entertainment".

I'll be leaving from down here in MD. If any of you decide to check it out let me know. I'm going out to eat before the game. Then after the game heading to a bar or lounge.

Isn't Megabus cheaper?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Isn't Megabus cheaper?
Will probably be but I think Mega has a 30 day max on their tickets. Going to try them again in a few days.

I like Mega better so I'm hoping they're cheaper or the same.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Megabus is way cheaper than Boltbus.Boltbus is run through Greyhound.The chances of you getting a really cheap ticket like Mega is slim to none.I've gotten a Megabus ticket for free a few times.I havent taken either in a while though.You have to mentally prepare yourself once you get a car to get back on those buses.Theres an adventure almost every time.B4 both of the bus companies became popular,I used to take the Chinese buses.I would take a flask and get a tipsy right before my trip and try to sleep through.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Megabus is way cheaper than Boltbus.Boltbus is run through Greyhound.The chances of you getting a really cheap ticket like Mega is slim to none.I've gotten a Megabus ticket for free a few times.I havent taken either in a while though.You have to mentally prepare yourself once you get a car to get back on those buses.Theres an adventure almost every time.B4 both of the bus companies became popular,I used to take the Chinese buses.I would take a flask and get a tipsy right before my trip and try to sleep through.

There are definitely chances that you are stuck waiting for a couple of hours. So just choose the cheaper one.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Da KO King

Quote:
I take the buses back home because I never drive when I'm in the city. I've usually partied too much to get home in one piece if I drive, plus finding parking is a pain in the ass.

I'm fortunate though; because of the hours I work I'm usually dead tired by the time I board so I sleep most of the way through. Then because of the partying I end up sleeping most of the way back.

Those Chinese buses are a no-no. Filthy, poor maintenance, and over-crowded.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:33 AM   #7
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King

What would that be?
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #8
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
What would that be?

Using the word "fifth" is an interesting choice.

Last edited by Da KO King : 12-31-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^^^Just saw this lmao hilarious

Word fits perfectly!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #10
Da KO King

Ok, just picked up my ticket off StubHub. Total with ticket ($30) plus fees/shipping came out to $47.

We need to set up some sort of Knicks on ISH escrow account so we can buy tickets as a group for a playoff game.

So it is a month out the bus tickets through MegaBus were cheap too. $12.50 round trip from DC to Philly.

Gonna Priceline a hotel next week cause I planned on hanging out after the game.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #11
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I still don't understand
Old 01-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

He got tickets from a website called StubHub for a good price and is taking a discounted bus service called Megabus to get there and back.He's then going to use a website called Priceline to obtain hotel lodging because he intends to partake in a few activities after the game.

Oh and his activities will be accompanied and fueled a "FIF" of his choice lmao (had to throw that in there)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
Da KO King

Quote:
He got tickets from a website called StubHub for a good price and is taking a discounted bus service called Megabus to get there and back.He's then going to use a website called Priceline to obtain hotel lodging because he intends to partake in a few activities after the game.

Oh and his activities will be accompanied and fueled a "FIF" of his choice lmao (had to throw that in there)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
Jasi
Quality?

Oh I get it. I just had no idea what FIF meant.
Well, have fun then!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 AM   #15
Da KO King

This is the week fellas.

I just "pricelined" a room at the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown. Seems like a nice place but it is Philly so I fully expect some highly aggressive roaches and rats (sorry, I'm overdue for a Philly insult).

Turns out there are some decent food choices nearby (Maggiano's, Hard Rock Cafe, and Field House). Leaning toward Field House right now. After eating there I'll hop on the train. The station is within walking distance and only takes 15 minutes to get to the arena.

After that it will be watching the Knicks kick ass and take names.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: