Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks @ Phiily - Friday, Feb 4th

Enjoy the game and the "before" and "afters" KO.

Feel free to shoot some game pics.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would love to go to the game with you guys.
It's a shame that I'm 8000 kilometers away from Philly.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Do something crazy where they would HAVE TO put the camera on you guys. (So we'll see you).
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #19
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Enjoy the show!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

While you're in Philly, if Phil the Groundhog DOESN'T see his shadow, can you shoot him or something? jk
Old 02-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #21
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

So here's the rundown on the trip:

Got into Philly at 1pm. Hotel was incredibly easy to get to. Right in the City Center area of Philly. I decided that I would lounge in the room for a little while before heading out to the game.

Around 4pm I realized that I forgot to bring shoes in case I decided to go out after the game. So I went across the street to Macy's. It was respectably large. Not Herald Square large but bigger than Macy's in most other cities. Also there is no sales tax on most clothes so that's another feather in Philadelphia's cap.

While buying my shoes I witnessed an exchanged that actually represents Philadelphia well. While checking out the shoes in the mirror a lady sat in my seat. I came over and explained I was sitting there and would be glad to give her the seat once I put my sneakers back on because I was done checking the shoes. Seeing me talking to the lady the sales associate helping me comes over and this is what goes down:

Sales Associate: Why would you even sit there when you see all his stuff right there
Lady: I thought it might have just been left there
S: Who just leaves their stuff at Macy's? What is wrong with you?
L: Don't you talk to me like that. How you don't know I was looking for shoes?
S: Well I doubt you looking for shoes in the MENS SHOE DEPARTMENT and you certainly not doing it looking through that raggedy purse
L: Whatever you lil' ******
S: To hell with you, you Happy the Clown looking heffa
L: Yo mama is a clown
S: Yo mama is too
L: No, yo mama
S: Yo damn mama... Yo grandmama and your whole damn generation (Lady walks off defeated)

At this point I'm using all my will power not to keel over laughing. I haven't heard the "your generation" line since elementary school. I made my purchase. Walked back to the hotel to get ready for dinner then the game.

For dinner I decided to check out Fogo de Chao. It's a Brazilian steakhouse. If you're unfamiliar with Brazilian steak joints, they give you a green and red place holder. Green side up means "bring more food" while red is "stop." The service was good to the point of ridiculousness. As soon as I put the holder down and green was visible I had people offering different cuts of meat. I was in the restaurant less than 30 mins and felt like I may have eaten myself sick. I'm a bit of a foodie and definitely a steak guy so I left feeling like I just took a glimpse at heaven. Keep in mind it's about $55 per person, but I recommend you guys check it out.

After leaving the restaurant I walked over to the train station to head over to the area. If I had to describe the train system in Philly I'd say "New York City circa 1986". Seriously, everything in their system screams Beat Street-era South Bronx. Still, it was very efficient and far superior to the nonsense I deal with here in the DC area when I decide not to drive.

After a 15 minute train ride I was at the arena. Once again this game cemented the fact that no team in the NBA has a fan base that travels as well as the Knicks. There were thousands of Knick fans there. I went to the bar got myself a drink then went to my seat.

Game notes next................
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 AM   #22
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The Knicks started the game extremely flat. No energy, no cohesion, and seemed less than interested. It seemed to be up until the midpoint of the first before the Knicks came to life. The Knicks ended the first down big. Second and third quarters the Knicks outplayed the Sixers. Many of the Knicks runs were spurred by Danilo Galinari, Ray Felton, and Tim Mozgov. Fourth quarter the Knicks imploded and gave the game away.

Unlike when I watched the team here in DC I was alone so I could be a bit more analytical with my watching (being analytical while on a date is tough) so I noticed more about the team.

Felton needs a minutes reduction. Not only is he wearing down physically but his decision making is suffering as well. Felton is at a career high in minutes and usage, plus is playing more pick and roll ball than he ever has before. I knew Felton was not a great pick and roll guy but he was flat out terrible in this game. He did not use a single ballscreen correctly. His inability to use the screens bailed Philly out because the 76er bigs didn't have to hedge anymore. Felton is adequate as a starter but he needs a capable backup ASAP.

Tony Douglas has zero PG instincts, minimal PG skills, and is better as trade bait than building block for the future. He doesn't consistently look up the floor when he has the ball and does not see offensive advantages. Douglas simply runs whatever set Coach D'Antoni calls and that is it. On one possession Landry Fields sprinted up the floor and called for the rock but was waved off by Douglas; Douglas did not have the awareness to recognize that Fields had a mismatch as he had a full step on his defender (Thaddeus Young I believe).

Gallinari needs to be a PF. When matched up against PF's Gallinari can use his deceptive handle to get to the rim. Against SF's he struggles because his in-between game isn't great. Defensively, Gallinari can not defend SF's at all. His lateral movement isn't good and he plays high in his stance so he can not change direction efficiently. Gallinari isn't great against PF's on defense but at least he can use his size to contest their shots.

Amare Stoudemire is frustrating to watch at times. This game was an example of why so few teams viewed him as a franchise player. Stoudemire does not adapt to what is happening very well and does not interact with refs in an effective manner. About two minutes into the game the refs missed a foul on a Stoudemire shot. That early in a game most franchise guys know to wait for a dead ball then speak with the refs about it; Stoudemire on the other hand started yelling for a foul right then and there. From that point on any 50/50 type calls went in favor of the 76ers. Another thing of note is Stoudemire is NOT happy right now with this team. If this roster isn't upgraded I would not be shocked to hear trade demand rumors popping up in the future.

Coach D'antoni does not want to coach this team and is attempting to get fired. To me that is the only logical reason he would make the moves he does. Elton Brand started the game being defended by Shawne Williams. Needless to say EB abused Williams. Gallinari ended the game defending Andre Igoudala. AI simply owned Gallinari. D'Antoni refused to make adjustments in those situations even when his assistant coaches said something.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm glad you had fun out there KO, wish the Knicks had won though.

That incident at Macy's, there was no way I could be there and hold in laughter.

One thing I will always give you credit for, is that you look at the team without the tinted "homer shades" on.

Every player mentioned you described to a T.

And I definitely agree about D'antoni.

I'm sure Walsh see this, he won't allow it when Melo gets here.

Knowing D'antoni, he might start Melo at PF, so he can have his four forward line-up.

I'm glad you had a good time, and thanks for you insight.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #24
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

That was an interesting read KO. Me, I would have probably stuck up for the "lady" that sat in your seat. But my luck, I would have got shanked by her or something.

I've never been to an NBA game and that is an advantage of going,(I'm assuming), you get to see/maybe hear things you can't from just watching on TV or on-line. I figured MD was stubborn, and it sounds like he is. His own assistants are giving him advise and he's just blowing them off. So why are they there? This guy is too stubborn, it will more than likely be his undoing. What was the reason he left Phoenix anyway? I wonder if it were for the same reason, I don't know.

Despite the loss, it sounds like you had fun anyway. And it's good to hear the being-at-the game analysis.

Last edited by earlofupstate : 02-07-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fogo De Chao went there for my birthday last year.I've never had that much meat (no homo) in my life.It was so amazing.The lamb brought a tear of joy to my eye!!!My birthday is on the 15th of this month.I may have to do it again.Last year they gave us a free coupon to eat because it was around Valentines Day.The fried Bananas were delicious also.Planning for a wedding that is approaching the range of 20k is the only thing that might hold me back.
Women!

lmao @ the "your whole generation" line.I haven't heard that since "African Booty scratcher" was the ultimate punchline.

I agree about the whole experience of seeing a game up close.When I went to the Wizards game,I got to see players body language as well as how comfortable coaches were during time of crisis.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #26
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

franchize, did you say you're gonna get married on April 30th or am I wrong?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
Da KO King

'Chize I had no idea you were engaged. Congrats my man.

With Chao's did you go to? Didn't realize DC and B'More had one. Thought Philly and Atlanta were the only ones on the East coast.

Might have to do that again before my next Wizards game.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm getting married April 16th.Thanks alot.

Yea DC has a Fogo De Chao.It's downtown somewhere.I think by Pennsylvania Ave. I still dont know the DC area too well so I dont wanna try and describe it and get you lost lol.It's really nice.The service the 1st time I went was excellent (the 2nd wasnt bad either but the 1st time the waiter was phenomenal).

It's funny cuz the 1st time you go you get really overwhelmed and excited.My fiance' had already been when we went so she was laughing at me the whole time lol.I was eating those delicious fried bananas and they came pass with some filet mignon...I was waving my little circle cuz I missed them.She was like relax dear,theyll be back plenty more times.lmaoIn fact it got to the point where the food was so good I forgot to flip it back to red and I was being bombarded with ppl.You find yourself not wanting to say "no thank you".It's so amazing to have some of the best cooked meat come buffet style TO YOUR TABLE!!! Im tryna diet for my wedding but you have my mind turning now lmao
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #29
Jasi
Quality?

^ I'm getting married on April 30th! Congrats franchize!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Congrats and good luck to both of you franchize and Jasi. Take it from a guy married for 22 years, always COMMUNICATE!!! It will solve anything. And treat her like a princess, always. And never forget to open doors for her. (I still do).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: