Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-08-2011, 03:05 AM   #31
ghettoracer
I airball my layups

ghettoracer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What are your 2011 basketball resolutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Keep with it. The deadlift is a really good lift because you develop total body strength. A couple months ago I couldn't do 135.

DL from 135 to cracking 300lbs in couple of months? (you mean 2 month?) that's gnarly. what was your training schedule like and how much did your body weight/composition (body fat) change?
ghettoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini32
what is the windmill crossover? a really exagerated in and out crossover?

It's a crossover with the dribble picked up, like when you switch from right to left and bring the ball over your head mixed together with a eurostep. Dwyane Wade does it a lot and it's really good for drawing fouls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPYVerGacpc
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #33
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoracer
DL from 135 to cracking 300lbs in couple of months? (you mean 2 month?) that's gnarly. what was your training schedule like and how much did your body weight/composition (body fat) change?

It was about 3 months. I train twice a week, full body, with maximal weight. Most of my sets are between 3-5 reps, with the last part of the year around 3 reps. With the deadlift, I'd build up to my one rep max every week, and workout only once a week. So the week before New Year's I one repped 285, then on New Year's Eve I did 305.

I had to eat alot, I always took a whey protein supplement afterwards, but that was it. I went from about 145 at the beginning of my training to 150 now. I did accumulate some body fat, which I'll look to burn in the off season. Right now I'm still trying to progress with my one rep maxes so I'm eating extra.

As of right now, my maxes are:
Deadlift 305+
Squat 235+
Bench around 150-155
Incline 65lb dumbbells
Shoulder press 50lb dumbbells

I'm taking a deload period right now though, where I do more reps like 4-6 to give my body rest from that training period.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #34
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
It was about 3 months. I train twice a week, full body, with maximal weight. Most of my sets are between 3-5 reps, with the last part of the year around 3 reps. With the deadlift, I'd build up to my one rep max every week, and workout only once a week. So the week before New Year's I one repped 285, then on New Year's Eve I did 305.

I had to eat alot, I always took a whey protein supplement afterwards, but that was it. I went from about 145 at the beginning of my training to 150 now. I did accumulate some body fat, which I'll look to burn in the off season. Right now I'm still trying to progress with my one rep maxes so I'm eating extra.

As of right now, my maxes are:
Deadlift 305+
Squat 235+
Bench around 150-155
Incline 65lb dumbbells
Shoulder press 50lb dumbbells

I'm taking a deload period right now though, where I do more reps like 4-6 to give my body rest from that training period.

dam that's crazy. My workout for performance and vertical jump consists of:
bench press
close grip bench press press
pull ups
close grip chin ups
hang clean and press
the vertical jump bible novice strength training program at the weeks 4-6 which consists of two workouts including squats/barbell squats/calf raises/deadlifts/leg curls/and a couple more stuff. I'm only bench pressing like 20 pounds on each side(kind of hard for me. my arms are a bit more long so I'm assuming that it's a longer way or something) and I'm squatting like 110.
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #35
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflay
dam that's crazy. My workout for performance and vertical jump consists of:
bench press
close grip bench press press
pull ups
close grip chin ups
hang clean and press
the vertical jump bible novice strength training program at the weeks 4-6 which consists of two workouts including squats/barbell squats/calf raises/deadlifts/leg curls/and a couple more stuff. I'm only bench pressing like 20 pounds on each side(kind of hard for me. my arms are a bit more long so I'm assuming that it's a longer way or something) and I'm squatting like 110.

I like your workout. What I really like is how it incorporates only compound lifts. It's been said many times, but still people don't understand that isolation exercises like curls and triceps extensions, calf raises and leg extensions, are no good for athletic performance. That's why I'm not really feeling your Vertical Jump Bible workout, but if you feel like it's going to work, try it out.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #36
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

And here's step 1 to my resolution of dunking, figured I'd make a nice picture instead of a video. Cause I cba editing the vid.

I'm 6'3" (188cm) with a standing reach of 8' (240cm). This leaves me with a vert of 29.5 inches (Standing reach of 240 cm, basket at 305, get about 10 cm above the rim is 75cm jumping = 29.5). Not to bad considering I've not done any weightlifting and stuff so far. Will start that in February with lifting. And yes I'm 6'3" and a 2/3 wing-type player.

Dunking for me is pretty hard though, my hands are just too small to properly palm the ball... So I have to jump quite a bit higher for either a 2-handed slam or a cuff dunk.

Last edited by Sticks : 01-08-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: