Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Guesstimate

How would you rate our chances of getting Melo?

@ this point,I've lost faith.I think Walsh,D'Antoni and the rest of the staff is content with our roster because we won a few meaningless games.I know we've had cap problems for years and I'm happy he's eliminated those but @ some point you have to spend money.Money is just paper if it's not spent.Im kinda getting the impression that we're going to see opportunity after opportunity slip by and Walsh is gonna preach that we cant mortgage the farm to get superstars.If you dont go all out to get Melo,who do you go all out for?There are maybe a handfull of guys better than him in the league.I honestly think the Nets are going to get him.They are persistent.The only real thing stopping the deal IMO is Melo extending.Honestly,if your Melo and the Knicks have shown a halfhearted effort in trying to acquire you,why not go to NJ.Theyll be in NY soon so the geographic advantage is out the window. Theyre team isnt as good but they have good young pieces.I think Lopez and Anthony could work well together.Harris is very talented.I think Avery is a far better coach than D'Antoni.Not saying I would rather be a Net but I wouldnt put all my eggs into the Knicks basket if I were Melo... Especially not with the Nets,Rockets,Mavs and Bobcats all showing more interest in him than we are.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Guesstimate

Half-hearted? What more can they do? Denver doesn't want anybody on our roster. This is not on Walsh and it's ridiculous to think so. He's already offered up everybody. Denver simply can't see a package from the Knicks worth taking. So I don't know what the hell you're going on about.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

its all up to melo, really, at this point...if he denies the nets deal and says hes only going to the knicks, then denver has a choice of trading him to the knicks or letting him walk...so we will see how it all plays out
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

As far as Melo himself goes, he really can't say anything anymore about wanting to play for the Knicks, or Denver will complain to the NBA about tampering by the Knicks. We all know he wants to play here. (Not for the Nets). I thought Mr Walsh ( ) was working on trying to get a 1st rd'er out of anybody for AR. Because Denver wants a 1st rd pick (or 2) if they do trade Melo. I think that's why Denver wanted to trade with NJ, because they have a few 1 rd picks. But I really think the talks between the two is down the toilet now. Dallas and the Rockets are willing to not have him sign the extension just to get him for this year. And I think Houston is even offering Yao for some reason.

As far as Avery goes, I think some players on NJ are calling him a control freak already. Or so I've read.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

It might have to take a multi-team trade to get anything done IMO.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you guys listen to Walsh on 1050 yesterday?

He gave every indication he will make a deal, he just gonna make sure it is a long term benefit deal.

Denver is gonna have to decide if they are willing to lose Melo for nothing.

NJ according to reports have backed off a little since they can't get Denver to make a move.

NJ has offered everything that Denver has said they want.

Picks, Players, cap space.

If NJ really wants Melo that bad, trade for him, whether he signs or not.

They are mortgaging their future with that deal anyway, and are not gonna be in the playoffs this season with Melo anyway.

This is why I am liking Walsh. He is patient.

He is waiting and while he has, there is no doubt that our players are more attractive to other teams.

He just isn't putting them out on front street as trade bait.

He has built a team that is competitive, all while still having the capability to be active in free agency for two more years.

Amazingly, the teams needs are few.....

A rebounding Big.
Backup pg.
A coaching group that believes defense wins games.

If he addresses these needs, we would be right there.

But even with these flaws, Walsh sees the team has won most of the games they should, and have been competitive in "automatic losses" so to speak.

So he isn't willing to sell the farm, for one big name, and take steps back for years.

Now me personally I respect him for doing it this way.

Denver is the one playing games right now, Walsh offered everything in the season's beginning and they rumored to have told him, "get us a pick".

You guys remember when he admittedly regretted giving Houston those picks?

That's why. He had a deal in place, but without the picks, it could happen.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if walsh can get a good player without giving up much, it would be a great move
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Regarding the trade rumors thrown about this week... The one most likely to happen is Anthony Randolph, although even that's far from a sure thing. The Wolves are interested -- have been since early last summer, even before the Mike Beasley trade -- but the Knicks have been hesitant. The Wolves probably want to send Sebastian Telfair and that Utah first-round pick obtained in the Al Jefferson trade. Sounds like the Knicks want Luke Ridnour, although his contract is another $4 million a year for three more years at a time when they're weighing salary-cap ramifications for a run at Carmelo Anthony in the near future and/or Chris Paul down the road. Minneapolis Star-Tribune

There might be the 1st rd pick for Denver that Mr Walsh ( ) was looking for. (fingers crossed).
Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Regarding the trade rumors thrown about this week... The one most likely to happen is Anthony Randolph, although even that's far from a sure thing. The Wolves are interested -- have been since early last summer, even before the Mike Beasley trade -- but the Knicks have been hesitant. The Wolves probably want to send Sebastian Telfair and that Utah first-round pick obtained in the Al Jefferson trade. Sounds like the Knicks want Luke Ridnour, although his contract is another $4 million a year for three more years at a time when they're weighing salary-cap ramifications for a run at Carmelo Anthony in the near future and/or Chris Paul down the road. Minneapolis Star-Tribune

There might be the 1st rd pick for Denver that Mr Walsh ( ) was looking for. (fingers crossed).

If you want OJ Mayo or Carmelo Anthony you better have those picks. We need one.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Half-hearted? What more can they do? Denver doesn't want anybody on our roster. This is not on Walsh and it's ridiculous to think so. He's already offered up everybody. Denver simply can't see a package from the Knicks worth taking. So I don't know what the hell you're going on about.

As I explained before,I feel Walsh hasnt publicly put forth the effort to obtain Melo as the Nets front office has.You show me one report where he has "offered everybody".

Ridiculous is the fact that you go out your way to hate on every comment I make.lol

To make a long story short,Walsh's success in my opinion is determined by whether we get a superstar (mainly Melo) in here.I dont care about clearing the cap and getting your 2nd round draft pick to actually produce.For every good deed theres been a bad.He hasnt been terrible (Laden) but he hasnt been stellar either.He cleared cap BUT he tanked two seasons to do so.He drafted a hidden in the 2nd round in Fields BUT he also drafted Jordan Hill and shipped him out with the quickness. He got Amare BUT he struck out on LeBron.Melo tips the scale either way.Hopefully in the positive way!!!

Last edited by franchize : 01-02-2011 at 01:38 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #11
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Ridiculous is the fact that you go out your way to hate on every comment I make.lol
That's because all your posts are full of stupid. Oh well at least it's a change from your racist posts. Do your own research. I'm not gonna pull up the reports for you. I'm sure everyone here has seen them too. When the Melo to NY rumors popped up there were several reports saying "everybody but Amar'e is available"

Last edited by New York Knicks : 01-02-2011 at 03:57 AM.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #12
WaltFrazier
Can barely lace up my sneakers

WaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterWaltFrazier is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Despite the tremendous remuneration of acquiring Carmelo Anthony, I outstandingly doubt we could acquire him through a trade. Our best odds will be during the offseason subsequent a tremendous season of excitement and jubilation.
WaltFrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #13
Chris Quinn
Banned

Chris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltFrazier
Despite the tremendous remuneration of acquiring Carmelo Anthony, I outstandingly doubt we could acquire him through a trade. Our best odds will be during the offseason subsequent a tremendous season of excitement and jubilation.

lol holy shit its WALT
Chris Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #14
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE

JBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hehehe shit yall its walt fraazo
JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 AM   #15
Chris Quinn
Banned

Chris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBull
hehehe shit yall its walt fraazo

lol IT IS
Chris Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: