Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 4 games out heading into the ASB

Time for the Warriors FO to decide what we are going for this year... Are we going for playoffs? Is that a real aspiration? If so obvious move needs to be made regarding our C position, I know no one in there right mind will take Biedrins but I say if we are gunning for playoffs we gotta make a move. Otherwise there is no point in going hard just to finish 10th in the WC with current roster and get a middle of the road first round pick and accomplish nothing really. Obviously Monta, Curry, Lee, Wright should stay how can we rid of Biedrins or just upgrade C and bench him?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 4 games out heading into the ASB

I heard a rumor that the Thunder have called for andris they are offering nenad kritic and some other expiring contract.That would be horrible.I would trade Biedrins but only for a deal that gets us somebody good back, not 2 bad players.

We need to trade Dan Gadzuric,Brandon Wright and maybe Vlad for some Wing defender.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I heard a rumor that the Thunder have called for andris they are offering nenad kritic and some other expiring contract.That would be horrible.I would trade Biedrins but only for a deal that gets us somebody good back, not 2 bad players.

We need to trade Dan Gadzuric,Brandon Wright and maybe Vlad for some Wing defender.
I heard the Warriors contacted the Nuggets about Nene I think he'd be a good fit. Also wondering about bringing Troy Murphy back he could stretch the floor and rebound.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I heard the Warriors contacted the Nuggets about Nene I think he'd be a good fit. Also wondering about bringing Troy Murphy back he could stretch the floor and rebound.
Nene would be but i guess the only way to get him is if he extends his contract which i read he wont because he wants to go elsewhere.

I dont think Troy Murphy wants to come back.He was very happy when he left.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Nene would be but i guess the only way to get him is if he extends his contract which i read he wont because he wants to go elsewhere.

I dont think Troy Murphy wants to come back.He was very happy when he left.
I think Troy would go anywhere at this point just to get playing time. I bet he'd come back but I think the Warriors FO want a tougher C even though Murphy can board he can't block shots.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We can make the playoffs with this roster I think. I don't think Biedrins or the C spot is a big issue. We just have no depth at all, and we desperately need our bench players to improve, or play over their heads (what's new?). Udoh is improving rapidly, and has provided a little extra protection around the rim.

I really hate ending up in the 9th or 10th spot, but we are too good at home to tank the season. Playoffs or bust baby. All we need is Curry to stop fouling everyone, and Biedrins to hit a free throw! (Don't hold your breath).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And fukc Troy Murphy.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
We can make the playoffs with this roster I think. I don't think Biedrins or the C spot is a big issue. We just have no depth at all, and we desperately need our bench players to improve, or play over their heads (what's new?). Udoh is improving rapidly, and has provided a little extra protection around the rim.

I really hate ending up in the 9th or 10th spot, but we are too good at home to tank the season. Playoffs or bust baby. All we need is Curry to stop fouling everyone, and Biedrins to hit a free throw! (Don't hold your breath).
well I agree with your post but I don't think our depth is THAT bad, I think our stud players just require tons of minutes and can handle it to. Guys like Monta can play and need to play 40-42 min per night same with Curry. Dorrell Wright is just too good for us to remove from the floor so he has to play 35-38 min. So you end up having a bench that is seldom used in those positions even though I believe Reggie Williams is quite good and should be getting more PT. Our front court has decent depth also IMO but Lee has to play a ton of minutes because he is so good. Udoh is a decent bench big at this point in his career and as Lou Amundson gets healthy he is decent depth, even a guy like Brandan Wright is decent depth IMO. We could use one more guy to be a back up PG (right now Curry and Monta share duties when Curry is out its usually Monta or Acie Law) although Law has been doing a good job I'll say. Potentially abench big man would be nice to have, preferably someone like a Tyrus Thomas (we traded someone like him in Randolph). Unfortunately injuries have taken a toll on Wright or he could have been that guy. Maybe Udoh can be that guy.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Troy Murphy will be traded to the Golden State Warriors once Carmelo Anthony's future is resolved, reports Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/1...armelo-anthony
Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i hope warriors make some big moves in the offseason.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: