Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm quitting smoking.

damn it! I just spent like 10 minutes on a post (I'm not one for long posts but this is about a serious topic.) I was telling you about how I quit and blah blah the nicotine patch and blah blah. It was a f*cking great post with words of encouragement and everything. But I f*cking closed my browser and lost it all and not re-doing it. I refuse.. I haven't had coffee (or a smoke) and now I pissed. rant rant/

I was trying to tell you about quitnet.com It helps track stats for example I just logged on and my stats are:

474 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes and 56 seconds smoke free.

9487 cigarettes not smoked.

$2,612.50 and 2 months, 12 days, 11 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 10/29/2009 10:00:00 PM

I have over 15 months. And am very proud of myself and wish you good luck.
(man this post sucks compared to the other one.. with all the time I have spent crying over it I might have been able to re-create it but f*ck that.
I had so many other good points to share but f*ck that and F*CK YOU.
I'm going to get coffee..plus nobody probably even gives a sh*t..
I hate mornings. ..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #47
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

My grandmom smoked from age 20-78. She used that chantix stuff and hasn't touched one for 2 years. Obviously smoking for damn near 60 years it's already done its damage but its good for everyone around her.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #48
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
damn it! I just spent like 10 minutes on a post (I'm not one for long posts but this is about a serious topic.) I was telling you about how I quit and blah blah the nicotine patch and blah blah. It was a f*cking great post with words of encouragement and everything. But I f*cking closed my browser and lost it all and not re-doing it. I refuse.. I haven't had coffee (or a smoke) and now I pissed. rant rant/

I was trying to tell you about quitnet.com It helps track stats for example I just logged on and my stats are:

474 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes and 56 seconds smoke free.

9487 cigarettes not smoked.

$2,612.50 and 2 months, 12 days, 11 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 10/29/2009 10:00:00 PM

I have over 15 months. And am very proud of myself and wish you good luck.
(man this post sucks compared to the other one.. with all the time I have spent crying over it I might have been able to re-create it but f*ck that.
I had so many other good points to share but f*ck that and F*CK YOU.
I'm going to get coffee..plus nobody probably even gives a sh*t..
I hate mornings. ..

Oh thank you so much for this... I'll do it too.

got 2 smokes left... bout to smoke them and that's that.

One of these cigarettes I've had for over two months... It's the cigarette I've been saving for a special occasion.

It's a Merit...

the first cigarette I ever had...
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #49
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I was trying to tell you about quitnet.com

Now I got my profile set up... my quit time is in about 30 minutes.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #50
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've recently started smoking. I hate cigarettes though, unless it's Marlboro lights. So I just buy some rolling tobacco and make them myself. The taste is so much better.

I'm probably on about 5-10 a day. Depends on how I feel.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #51
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
She used that chantix stuff

just saw a commercial for that...

Suicidal Thoughts as a possible side effect.

Nigg@ those people are gonna have Suicidal Thoughts anyway... THEY QUIT SMOKING!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #52
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Now I got my profile set up... my quit time is in about 30 minutes.

right on.. it's just cool to see how much $ you're saving and everything.
I actually opened up a separate savings "tobacco$" account. And I actually got addicted to saving money for a while. It was crazy. I never have had that before. Within 8 months I had several thousand (for real) and bought a truck.
If I was still smoking I would not have my truck. That's a fact. The more money I saw going into that account the more I wanted to put in. It really was a different feeling for me.

Quitnet has lots of support there. I've spent a little time in the chat rooms there and the people are supportive. There is also "expert chats" like quiting classes that you can partake in. I really mostly just liked the stats it provided.
You can set it to automatically e-mail you your stats everyday or every week or whatever..

I hope you quit dude..
Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #53
Riddler
D-94

I Smoke my Merit to the butt like it's the last mother f*cker left.

Last edited by Riddler : 02-16-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #54
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Fvck a cigarette doe like. Budsmokers only, budsmokers only
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #55
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
I actually opened up a separate savings "tobacco$" account. And I actually got addicted to saving money for a while. It was crazy. I never have had that before. Within 8 months I had several thousand (for real) and bought a truck.
If I was still smoking I would not have my truck. That's a fact. The more money I saw going into that account the more I wanted to put in. It really was a different feeling for me.

I'm gonna do that too.

thanks for the tip.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #56
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Quote:
I'm gonna do that too.

thanks for the tip.

consider the money you drop into that account gone.
It would have been smoked up anyway right?
Just try to forget about it...you will be surprised how fast it stacks up.
Everybodys situation is different..I don't know if you have a good job or what
but try and save and it will feel good ..

(DON'T SMOKE!)
Old 02-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #57
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
consider the money you drop into that account gone.
It would have been smoked up anyway right?
Just try to forget about it...you will be surprised how fast it stacks up.
Everybodys situation is different..I don't know if you have a good job or what
but try and save and it will feel good ..

(DON'T SMOKE!)

yea but the money I'm going to be spending on food the next few weeks is going to be outrageous.

not to mention the $60 I just spent on the patch and gum.

But eventually... I will be saving money... hopefully I don't replace this habit with food and become a fat @ss.... even for a guy as skinny as me, it's possible.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #58
Riddler
D-94

just smoked my last cigarette... My quit time just started.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #59
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Good luck.

I smoked, very casually, while in college. Never did get a hook in me, which I'm thankful for.

BUT...and this is for all the smokers out there...I ended up with a rare genetic deficiency that resulted in a rapidly progressing form of emphysema.
Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. Usually not detected until mid-life (I was in my 30's). http://alpha1.org/

I went from running hoops with guys half my age to on oxygen, 24/7, in the space of about 5 years.

You have no idea what it's like when your lungs are shutting down. Imagine the most out of breath you've ever been...the scary out of breath...and think about having that desperate need for air all the time. Slowly walking across a room. Bending over. Sitting.

I ended up having a double lung transplant after nearly dying, and am in great health now. My chest hurts ever day from where they sawed through my sternum and wired it back together. I have to take 30 pills a day to guard against rejection, which can h=appen at any time.

Oh, smokers? If you get that sick, they usually won't give you a transplant. Odds of you slipping back into smoking are too high. At best you'll get one lung, which isn't much of an improvement.

I spent my first 25-30 years of life basically ignoring advice given to me. Was pretty sure I knew everything anyway. But if you listen to only one thing in your life, listen to this.

Don't smoke. If you do, quit TODAY.

Good luck! Don't let anyone convince you it's too hard or not worth it. And whatever works for you is the right way to do it.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #60
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
yea but the money I'm going to be spending on food the next few weeks is going to be outrageous.

not to mention the $60 I just spent on the patch and gum.

But eventually... I will be saving money... hopefully I don't replace this habit with food and become a fat @ss.... even for a guy as skinny as me, it's possible.

Healthy snacks at hand all the time. Carrots, celery, apples...whatever you can stomach...always around. It'll help guard against the really bad food choices.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: