Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #76
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm quitting smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javat_90
You and I both know this is true, and that it really stricked to your heart.
So please, dont pretend to take it all smoothly. Or at least learn to lie and take some acting lessons
On another side note, anybody noticed BankShot is like the easiest poster to rile-up in this boards? Only takes couple of words to get him started.
At least DW has a bit more of "i dont care what u say" attitude.

1.) stricked???

2.) Again, its sad that you think "nerd" and inferring being unpopular in highschool is an insult.

3.) It seems as though you are the one getting riled up. Why so butt-hurt???

Now go ahead and run along, son.

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #77
Javat_90
Banned

Javat_90 has a very bad reputationJavat_90 has a very bad reputationJavat_90 has a very bad reputationJavat_90 has a very bad reputation

Of which failed poster of the past are you an alternate account of?

Javat_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #78
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As for the original post.... after smoking for pretty much 8 years straight, i quit cold-turkey 41 days ago and haven't smoked a single cig.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #79
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Of which failed poster of the past are you an alternate account of?

The more relevant question....

Javat: of which failed poster of the past are you a pathetic alternate account???
Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #80
Javat_90
Banned

Javat_90 has a very bad reputationJavat_90 has a very bad reputationJavat_90 has a very bad reputationJavat_90 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
The more relevant question....

Javat: of which failed poster of the past are you a pathetic alternate account???

*I think you`re butt-hurt clap clap clap*
Javat_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #81
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
Damn bro... I am so sorry to hear about your lungs and everything that you have been through..
I don't know what to say man... that is rough.

Any of you teenagers (or adults) that come into this thread better learn something from all of this conversation going on. Just quit fellas..
Hard days ahead...best quit today...... please think about it.

Appreciate the good words, but my life is great now. Swam the mile leg ina triathlon last summer. It was a struggle getting here, but it's a great place to be.

Just hope one person quits or decides not to start based on this thread.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #82
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
As for the original post.... after smoking for pretty much 8 years straight, i quit cold-turkey 41 days ago and haven't smoked a single cig.

Way to go!
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #83
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
*I think you`re butt-hurt clap clap clap*

Way to not only dodge the question asserting the extremity of your contempt, but also fail to correctly mock me. I have two questions for you, Javat:

Of which failed poster of the past are you a pathetic alternate account??

Is there a particular reason you're so overwhelmingy butt-hurt, or is this just truly who you are??
Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #84
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Way to go!

Thanks.... aside from the obvious health benefits from not smoking, I've probably already saved upward of $200.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #85
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Cold turkey isn't the way to go. I chain smoked from 14-24. Then I decided to quit slowly. Instead of 2 packs a day, I cut it down to 1 pack and then just replace the moments when I usually smoke with something else like coffee, a banana, an apple, or water. Cause part of the problem is habit, not just a chemical addiction. After a while I smoked less and less. Took around 6 months before I didn't smoke at all anymore. I also cut out drinking/going to the bar for a while cause I tended to smoke when I drank. So for about a year I didn't drink.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #86
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Appreciate the good words, but my life is great now. Swam the mile leg ina triathlon last summer. It was a struggle getting here, but it's a great place to be.

Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #87
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
Cold turkey isn't the way to go. I chain smoked from 14-24. Then I decided to quit slowly. Instead of 2 packs a day, I cut it down to 1 pack and then just replace the moments when I usually smoke with something else like coffee, a banana, an apple, or water. Cause part of the problem is habit, not just a chemical addiction. After a while I smoked less and less. Took around 6 months before I didn't smoke at all anymore. I also cut out drinking/going to the bar for a while cause I tended to smoke when I drank. So for about a year I didn't drink.

Different methods work for different people.

For me it was either cut it out completely, or nothing. I couldn't "quit slowly" and phase it out of my life.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #88
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Different methods work for different people.

For me it was either cut it out completely, or nothing. I couldn't "quit slowly" and phase it out of my life.
yep, I also had great success going cold turkey. Haven touched a ciggie in 11 years at this point and have no desire to ever again.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #89
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

Damn dude. And I'm worried about swimming 300 meters in a pool in 2.5 weeks for my sprint triathlon. More motivation for me I guess.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #90
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420

474 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes and 56 seconds smoke free.

9487 cigarettes not smoked.

$2,612.50 and 2 months, 12 days, 11 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 10/29/2009 10:00:00 PM

First Night was horrible.... but it's starting to get better.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: