Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #106
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I'm quitting smoking.

down to 3 cigs a day but not quite there yet

dont feel that burning desire to quit just yet
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #107
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Have not smoked a cig for 19 months now. But I believe you relapsed since you posted about your alcohol problem a few days ago? Not prejudging you here, I still get the temptation to smoke when I'm drunk, I just tell myself that I'm drunk and my brain has gone retard that's why I want to smoke
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #108
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

^
alcohol is not my drug of choice, I dont have a prob with alcohol whatsoever

I just lack the fire to really commit to quitting cigarettes
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #109
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ISH = FB to Riddler.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #110
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I was walking to work the other day and I exhaled my cig smoke over my shoulder, directly into the face of a middle aged woman riding her bike. She started coughing and I got out a quick sorry, which she just laughed at. That was awkward.

G'luck on your mission. What's your history? Lifetime smoker? How much do you smoke?

I'm only smoking a pack per week - as dictated by a strict self-enforced rule of only buying on Saturdays - so I still feel like I can quit whenever I want. I did for about three weeks back in early December. I'm a young smoker though, so I'm still enjoying the pros much more than I'm weighing the cons. I'm sure there will be a gradual shift over my life and eventually I'll convince myself to give it up. The limits I set for myself are really helpful though, and stop me from absentmindedly going overboard.

Exactly how I am, the way i limit myself even more is I only smoke when im driving, so usually ill only have 2-5 cigs a day.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #111
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
^
alcohol is not my drug of choice, I dont have a prob with alcohol whatsoever

I just lack the fire to really commit to quitting cigarettes
Sorry I was not clear, I was addressing the OP.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #112
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow... I'm gonna have to go through this feeling again.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #113
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quitting smoking is easy as f*ck if you do it the right way. Quitting cold turkey is impossibly hard but if you have the right mentality it is easier by a factor of 1milliontrillion. I quit this summer and havent even touched a single cig yet I drink and smoke up all the time
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #114
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dont even try to quit through any other method, you will never quit permanently unless you understand the psychology of nicotine addiction, this shit takes an afternoon to read and it saves you a lifetime of cig addiction. just google the title of the book and the word pdf and then download this shit

Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #115
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
dont even try to quit through any other method, you will never quit permanently unless you understand the psychology of nicotine addiction, this shit takes an afternoon to read and it saves you a lifetime of cig addiction. just google the title of the book and the word pdf and then download this shit

I smoked for 6 years. I've tried to quit a few times before but failed. I read the book because i was curious about it and heard good things. I became a non-smoker after reading that book. I recommend it to anybody who wants to quit.

Book pretty much explains why cold turkey is the best way to quit. using patches or gum or weaning just prolongs the agony. You won't stop having cravings until all the nicotine is out of your system. It takes three weeks for your body to completely flush it out. After that point quitting is a breeze. During that first 2 weeks or so I was a real ashole though.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #116
red1
Dinosaurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I smoked for 6 years. I've tried to quit a few times before but failed. I read the book because i was curious about it and heard good things. I became a non-smoker after reading that book. I recommend it to anybody who wants to quit.

Book pretty much explains why cold turkey is the best way to quit. using patches or gum or weaning just prolongs the agony. You won't stop having cravings until all the nicotine is out of your system. It takes three weeks for your body to completely flush it out. After that point quitting is a breeze. During that first 2 weeks or so I was a real ashole though.
I post that shit every time someone talks about smoking here because it actually works. Smoking is one of the dumbest things someone can do, a stupid habit that many of us fall into
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: