Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default why the f$ck do they give odd slices of bread when you buy a loaf?

I'm finishing a loaf of bread and there's one piece left. I use 2 each time for sandwiches. Why do they give odd number of slices? wtf

I mad. I mad
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: why the f$ck do they give odd slices of bread when you buy a loaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
I'm finishing a loaf of bread and there's one piece left. I use 2 each time for sandwiches. Why do they give odd number of slices? wtf

I mad. I mad

FOLD IT!
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
FOLD IT!

sorry nikka, i fold my toilet papez not my bread
Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
sorry nikka, i fold my toilet papez not my bread

Cut it in half? I suggest triangles .
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always just make some toast or something if there is an odd slice.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I use 2 each time for sandwiches.

no now. . . be serious. .
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That is definitely Illuminati job.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why? So you buy 2 loafs for even numbers. A fkin' conspiracy if you ask me!
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
heyhey
stay mad golden state

I just bought another loaf. Counted it, 19 pieces of bread. Muthaf@ckas. They best know that a strongly worded letter will be coming their way via heyhey
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

It's for the pigeons mayne
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I clearly counted 16 pieces here. An even number man.
You are not getting enough bang for your buck . ..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Toast man.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The people who count the slices of bread aren't very well educated.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #14
DPittman
Banned

DPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected poster

do you use the end pieces?
DPittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
do you use the end pieces?
Exactly. This is an example where the sharp marketing consultant actually earns his bloated salary. Odd numbered loaves of sliced bread was one of the most remarkable and tactical innovations since, well, sliced bread itself.

Any breadwinner knows that when it comes to a pre-sliced packaged loaf, the two crusts bookending the soft and doughy middle are to be avoided at all costs. We initially worm around that meager first slice to get to the good stuff, but that discard piece is left in the bag, and it increasingly ways on our mind as we work our way through the loaf. No, it isn't the ideal slice to use, but the human urge to get the most 'bang for buck' -- some call it maximum capacity, others resource management, still others Judaism -- is often to strong to be resisted each and every time we want to prepare a sandwich. Thus, after many instances of neglect and avoidance, marketing statistics and consumer reports show that that end piece will eventually be used at approximately the halfway mark. The problem with the other bookend, partner in crime to the first, is simple; its chances of consumption are radically reduced by the fact that it isn't encountered until the bag is almost entirely empty. That same immediate repulsion to the first scrap is felt towards the second, but because it is all that remains of the loaf -- just an empty bag with a petty piece lying squished at the bottom -- it is disposed of without a second though.

Now, the major players in sliced sandwich bread (Wonder Bread, Ben's, etc) tried to solve this problem for decades. They went over the alternatives; everything from throwing out the end pieces post-production to the suggestion of two twist tied openings at either end of the bag to encourage multiple fronts of attack. The issue persisted until the best solution was finally found; as if so often the case, that solution involved a sacrifice, in this case of the second have-not. And for all its worthlessness, this was still a heavy price to play. But for the benefits, it proved worthwhile.

I'm sorry this doesn't fit into your sandwich obsessed agenda, but they're the facts and chances are slim that they'll change any time soon.

Last edited by RidonKs : 01-04-2011 at 03:02 PM.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: