Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Gall no more ari?

With Gallonari out 2-3 weeks, we will do fine. I think he's holding us back. He takes to much random shots when Turioff provides energy, offense and defense. I know it's a little to early to make predictions but if you had an oppertunity to call Gallo the Marbury / cancer of our team would you? Would you trade the following:

Gallo / Curry / Anthony Randolf (yes or no)

Gallo / Anthony Randolf / Curry & Mozgov (yes or no)

for Carmelo?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gall no more ari?

Gallo doesn't demand the ball at all and no one passes him the ball.. He'll make a good cut to the basket or be open and get totally ignored then he'd get the ball with 3 seconds left and has to chuck it up.

Ray needs to look and find him more when he comes back.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

to call him the marbury of this team is a absolute joke.. he's the exact opposite of marbury. Unselfish, hustles, extremely coach able, not a dickhead, doesn't demand the ball, plays defense, team player, etc.. That's a horrible comparison.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now I will say, as much as I think Chandler is a player who makes a difference in games more than Gallo, to call him a cancer is just plain wrong.

Gallo is a shooter, period....he has to be accurate from the field for his game to have the necessary impact.

Which is why he doesn't need to be in the starting line-up to do it.

Chandler is just a better player, much more consistent on both sides of the floor.

No matter what position he is asked to play, he does it.

But I repeat Gallo a cancer? That's just wrong.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe not a cancer but a mistake in the starting lineup? We need a deadly shooter off the bench and I think he's just that worthy for it. Turioff is deadly in our lineup just needs to control his temper.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Just as he did tonight, Will is going to show why he should start over Gallo. More diverse offensively which makes the opposing defense have to guard more than the three point line, much better defensively and a much better rebounder. This might just be what D'antoni needs to see Gallo's deficiencies with more honest view. Just one game but the offense looked better to me. Still no damn defense but SA didn't play any either..
2-2 on the West Coast road trip??? What do you think.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
Draz
Like a Baoss.

The bench needs to step their shit up that's what I think. If Williams, Mozgov, Turioff, Randolf and the rest can play like this nightly I see high hopes.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gallinari might actually get more touches in teh 2nd unit. do u think?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
gallinari might actually get more touches in teh 2nd unit. do u think?
He would.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
The bench needs to step their shit up that's what I think. If Williams, Mozgov, Turioff, Randolf and the rest can play like this nightly I see high hopes.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm with Knickscity.I think Chandler is the better player but to call Gallo a cancer is wrong.He's brought more fans and excitement back to MSG than even Amare.That being said,I never thought Marbury was a cancer either.The Media and Larry Brown did more to heighten tension in NY between Marbury and coaches than Marbury did himself.I never understood how Marbury was considered selfish on the court (he always averaged around 7 apg until he came here),he played defense and he always came into camp in shape.

As for Gallo tho,bottom line is he's an attraction who's fame has led the audience to slightly overrate him.It's not his fault tho.He's a tall Italian guy with nice hair and a cool name who happens to be pretty good since he was a young boy.I think he's more marketable than he is talented.That being said,when he shows signs of inexperience and uncoordinated youth,ppl rip him instead of saying the obvious... "I went overboard and overrated him".Cmon D'Antoni himself said "he's the best shooter I've ever seen in my life".The same guy who coached Steve Nash.The same guy who coached guys liek Micheal Redd and witness Durant tryout for the Olympic team.Gallinari is not a cancer.He's just bursting the bubble the media and fans have put him in.Is he the next Dirk like ppl want him to be?no...BUT he isn't a cancer for our team either.What he is is a 6'10" guy who is a good but not great shooter.He can put the ball on the floor and has really good fluidity for a guy his height.He CAN do a lot of things on the offensive end.His first love is shooting the long ball though. He draws charges pretty well butthat is the extent of his game defensively. He's young,very coachable,very charismatic, a fan favorite,is filling out body wise and has pretty good upside.I think as fans a lot of us need to be more conservative in our evaluations.Especialy Knick fans.We always want to crucify or praise a gy depending on how theyre doing RIGHT NOW.Why can't we tastefully applause or constructively criticize?Maybe his time off will help alot of fans (and our management and coaching staff) come back down to earth.Maybe this helps us in the trade market also.Maybe he wont be so untouchable now.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

That's a pretty good summary Franchize.

I can't believe Gallo could be compared as a cancer.

I'm not a big fan of his, but I won't go there.

All I want is consistency from him.

He does decent things on the defensive side, like drawing fouls.

I think he should shoot around 46% from the field, and I have no complaints, if he did that.

Considering Gallo will drive sometimes to the basket, it a shame his overall fg% is that low.

Right now he is just an average player, and I do think he kills our starting line-up due to inconsistency in his offense.

If the problem is shots and touches, 6 sixth man would be perfect, since that what he would be coming in for....quick scoring bursts.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Good post franchize. And I agree, Galli is not a cancer. Eddy Curry is the cancer if anyone is. The win last night was a miracle to me because I was pretty sure the Spurs were going to chew us up and spit us out. But when everyone is on the same page, we're pretty good. We got the Spurs to play at our speed not theirs. Which really surprised me. Timmy really showed his age last night. But I hope they whip Boston's butt tonight. And if they do, we'll be only 6 games behind Boston in the standings.

But this road trip coming up will REALLY test us and our guys have been good on the road this year, so we have a pretty good chance to come home with a winning record on the road trip.

I'm just hoping Galli will watch and learn from the bench.

And as far as Richard Jefferson goes, how many 'chips has he won?....Exactly. The guy is a tool. And I'm also questioning his sexual preference.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My thing with Gallo is,he CAN do some things on the court but his bread and butter is his shooting.If your gonna tell me that you are hesitant to trade him in a Melo deal (which there were reports that Walsh was) and your gonna say he's the best shooter you've ever seen (which D'Antoni has been quoted saying) Wilson Chandler shouldnt be anywhere near your FG or 3pt%. Gallo gets hot but despite popular belief,he's not a knock down shooter.He isnt automatic.N if your gonna be suspect in other areas (rebounding, strength, toughness, defense) you better do that one thing your known for extremely well.Chandler doesnt do anything spectacular but he's solid in pretty much every area.Gallo either needs to solidify the other aspects of his game or become deadly from three....n I mean like Dirk deadly.It's kinda like JJ Redick or Kyle Korver.If they go cold,they arent legit NBA starters.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #15
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My only concern is that if we do trade him, and he DOES pan out and reaches his potential. Then I would be pissed
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: