Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation
Default New York beat the Spurs very convincingly

I'll be honest I figured it was the Spurs game due to Gallo being out. But I am pleasantly surprised and happy to be proven wrong by the Knicks. Chandler, Felton, and Fields stepped up and Amare was great as usual.
But watching the game Walt Clyde Frazier made an excellent point. When his co-commentator said "Knicks looking to play some D" Clyde Frazier said "What D? They haven't played D all night." I agree with Walt Clyde. Pringles needs to get his team on D. You cannot win games solely on offense.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: New York beat the Spurs very convincingly

you can say they need to play defense to pringles all you want but its just yelling into a deaf ear.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Popovich was so pissed at his teams loss to the NYK that he said "THEY BEAT OUR ASSES!!!"

Old 01-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He conceded this game with three minutes to go, similar to how Chicago did when we beat them the first time.

Guess who both teams had to play next ? Boston.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wilson stepped up so sweetly! Nice job Ill Will!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's my daaawg *Smokey voice lol

But seriously...this is a regular season meaningless game.We have GOT to get a coach and some sort of defensive strategy going
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Qu33nz Knick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Qu33nz Knick has an OK reputation so far

Everybody stepped up their game tonight Ray was hot in the second half, Amar'e scored but I think we can all agree his passing was incredible, Chandler knocked down everything, Fields did his usual, off the bench all the guys stepped up their game just a lilttle bit Toney DWTDD mainly on D and Shawne made some 2 pointers lol. Played some defense in the 4th which was pretty surprising. We just beat the best team in the league just enjoy the W stop calling for the coaches head he's doing a very solid job.
Qu33nz Knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not tryna be an a-hole or nitpick but what is DWTDD? I'm so out of the loop with the acronyms nowadays.I cant keep up
Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
not tryna be an a-hole or nitpick but what is DWTDD? I'm so out of the loop with the acronyms nowadays.I cant keep up

I googled it. Had no idea what it meant.

"Do What Toney Douglas Do".

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...s-do-the-shirt
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know RJ ate his own words !! We may not be mecca
but we are Sparta!!
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

lmao @ that shirt.how does a player who doesn't even belong here become synonymous with a phrase and get a shirt?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That's my daaawg *Smokey voice lol

But seriously...this is a regular season meaningless game.We have GOT to get a coach and some sort of defensive strategy going

Come on man this was not a meaningless game. No season game is meaningless. Too many people are talkin sh!+ that the NYK have the easiest season and cannot beat any of the big boys in the league. This game, along with a few others, proves these people wrong. This is how the Knicks gauge their progress as a collective unit. Against the best. And what stands out for me the most is yeah the Knicks will shoot the lights out of anyone but if their D isn't tight then we'll never see them become title contenders. I like Pringles fast pace offensive onslaught. But the D is not there. Even if the NYK have the most shot blocks in the league the D is simply missing.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Come on man this was not a meaningless game. No season game is meaningless. Too many people are talkin sh!+ that the NYK have the easiest season and cannot beat any of the big boys in the league. This game, along with a few others, proves these people wrong. This is how the Knicks gauge their progress as a collective unit. Against the best. And what stands out for me the most is yeah the Knicks will shoot the lights out of anyone but if their D isn't tight then we'll never see them become title contenders. I like Pringles fast pace offensive onslaught. But the D is not there. Even if the NYK have the most shot blocks in the league the D is simply missing.
Our defense is making teams play our way.

It works in the regular season, but post season....we won't win a game that way.

As much as I enjoyed watching the game last night, I still yearn for a legit defensive stop.

Not a Turiaf blocked shot out of bounds, where the opponent gets the ball back gets to setup their offense again and make the shot.

But legit contesting in the paint get the rebound, then run.

It was a layup drill once again for the Spurs, until Turiaf got pissed from getting dunked on.

Duncan wasn't even a factor and the game was close for over 3 quarters.

Now way should Blair have scored at will in the paint like he did.

Bottom line, I loved the win, but just like Pop said, he is playing for June, it's just one game.

He basically said the Knicks are a "good' team, which I fully agree, but not dangerous.

We have to get dangerous.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
We have to get dangerous.

Couldn't have said it better my self.

The Magic realized the same thing, and brought in Gilbert Arenas.

I think they took dangerous in a different way than from what you're saying.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

lmao @ Bano

I don't know about this getting dangerous stuff.Sounds like Darkwing Duck lol

Quote:
Our defense is making teams play our way.

It works in the regular season, but post season....we won't win a game that way.

n that's what I meant by meaningless.Not that it wasn't a quality win,but it didnt determine anything as far as who's better because we all knwo when it counts,we can't beat the spurs playing like that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: