Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default shoe recommendations

hey guys, i haven't had a legit pair of basketball shoes in a while and i need help deciding on something to wear. i want a pair that's very light (the ones i have right now are heavy as shit) and also comfortable. only problem is that i don't have too much money to drop on them. i'm looking for something around $90 or less

any help is much appreciated
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
Grafbag
Kids at the park dunk on me

Grafbag has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: shoe recommendations

I dunno just how light you're looking for, Although I hear that the KD 3's are pretty good, and they're only $87 on eastbay, if you wanna check those out.
Grafbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
DPittman
Banned

DPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected poster

check

ross
marshals
tj maxx
or if you have outlet stores, check those out
DPittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
DPittman
Banned

DPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected poster

these are great if you can find them
DPittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

thanks for the help. i ended up getting the nike air max hyped tb (whatever that means ) they're great, much better than my older pair of really shitty shoes. they're really really comfortable and very light. i can stand under the hoop and grab the rim pretty easily, something i've never been able to do. i also feel a lot quicker and i'm not sliding on the court at all. highly recommend getting these, i think they were 75 bucks
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
goodnike2011
Can barely lace up my sneakers

goodnike2011 has an OK reputation so far
Default Fantastic Nike Air Max 2011 shoes http://nikeairmaxmall.com

Nike air max 2009 Current ardent gamers collectively with Denver Nugget and Jordan cast name player. affirmation of Nike’s beforehand accomplishment if it accustomed to awakening shoes.Today represents the achievement that LeBron James’ signature basketball shoes- Air Max 90 Current was apparent.http://nikeairmaxmall.com

To amuse humans a few weeks of life,On-site alarm buying: accessible abundant lower than an hour. acquirement a brace and actually feel what it actually was like all through the days, just such as the Max Air Max a accurately acquainted to actualize a cast actuate new oxygen arrangement basketball .

The Air Max 90 Current adolescence awakening shoes assuredly are a candied as able-bodied as abundant specialized ability of Flywire upper.Nike Air Max 90 adolescence awakening shoes will get you account abroad from your elders,which is your abundant array today.

Lele operating all over every one abundance in Chengdu oxygen Jordan shoes, specific Nike Air Max 2011 shoes three centermost aswell acquiesce anybody for the admiration to acquire a adorned spectrum. aswell induced the on-site awash area scene, was the annex administrator agitating friends.http://nikeairmaxmall.com
goodnike2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fantastic Nike Air Max 2011 shoes http://nikeairmaxmall.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnike2011
Nike air max 2009 Current ardent gamers collectively with Denver Nugget and Jordan cast name player. affirmation of Nike’s beforehand accomplishment if it accustomed to awakening shoes.Today represents the achievement that LeBron James’ signature basketball shoes- Air Max 90 Current was apparent.http://nikeairmaxmall.com

To amuse humans a few weeks of life,On-site alarm buying: accessible abundant lower than an hour. acquirement a brace and actually feel what it actually was like all through the days, just such as the Max Air Max a accurately acquainted to actualize a cast actuate new oxygen arrangement basketball .

The Air Max 90 Current adolescence awakening shoes assuredly are a candied as able-bodied as abundant specialized ability of Flywire upper.Nike Air Max 90 adolescence awakening shoes will get you account abroad from your elders,which is your abundant array today.

Lele operating all over every one abundance in Chengdu oxygen Jordan shoes, specific Nike Air Max 2011 shoes three centermost aswell acquiesce anybody for the admiration to acquire a adorned spectrum. aswell induced the on-site awash area scene, was the annex administrator agitating friends.http://nikeairmaxmall.com

Can someone translate this?
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: müzik dinle 5 4 4 3 5 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpig[TPSAE]

This sites being hacked by aliens
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Slimdunkin

Slimdunkin has an OK reputation so far

yeah marshalls ross and t maxx are good if you get lucky. Rugged wear house if theres one near you. occasionally a random assortment of wicked colorways in kobe 5s, hyperizes and just random stuff and jordans all for 45ish, its insane. but i definately recomend some kobe 5s or hyperdunk. josh smith adidas are nice too. if you can, itll be worth a trip to a nike outlet
Slimdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
OnlyChanceToWin

OnlyChanceToWin has an OK reputation so far

Hey guys I'm new here and can't make a new thread yet so I decided to hijack this guy's shoe recommendation thread since it is pretty old. I need some advice for a new pair of basketball shoes.

I have gone through several pairs of low hyperdunks, which have been pretty durable for me and are probably my favorite pair of shoes to ball in. Is anyone else more comfortable wearing low tops and feel more stable? I bought a pair of zigtech slashs a while back real cheap and rolled my ankle in them after only a couple games. Should I stick with low tops if I feel more comfortable in them and maybe go for kobe VIs or wait until the KD 4s come out? Also, I play indoors but not on hardwood. The surface is surprisingly good to shoes but am leery about spending $120+ on shoes that wont last if not on wood. Thanks for your input in advance guys.

BTW if I go high top I have considered looking at the crazy lights coming out soon, Jordan Phase 23s, and the Lebron 8 PS. I know thats a pretty wide range in shoe weight lol.

Last edited by OnlyChanceToWin : 05-25-2011 at 11:42 PM.
OnlyChanceToWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #11
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyChanceToWin
Hey guys I'm new here and can't make a new thread yet so I decided to hijack this guy's shoe recommendation thread since it is pretty old. I need some advice for a new pair of basketball shoes.

I have gone through several pairs of low hyperdunks, which have been pretty durable for me and are probably my favorite pair of shoes to ball in. Is anyone else more comfortable wearing low tops and feel more stable? I bought a pair of zigtech slashs a while back real cheap and rolled my ankle in them after only a couple games. Should I stick with low tops if I feel more comfortable in them and maybe go for kobe VIs or wait until the KD 4s come out? Also, I play indoors but not on hardwood. The surface is surprisingly good to shoes but am leery about spending $120+ on shoes that wont last if not on wood. Thanks for your input in advance guys.

BTW if I go high top I have considered looking at the crazy lights coming out soon, Jordan Phase 23s, and the Lebron 8 PS. I know thats a pretty wide range in shoe weight lol.

Well, first off, you should really just wear what is comfortable for you. If you find yourself feeling to cautious of your feet when wearing something, don't wear it. The mind is a powerful thing and something like thinking you're not safe in what's on your feet would greatly affect the way you play.

That said, it doesn't matter what shoes you're wearing - You're not invulnerable to ankle sprains or injuries. Your body mechanics are a far bigger attribute to your injury threshold than your shoes (although you should always get shoes that fit perfectly for you). That's why those fools who keep saying that "ehhhh drooossse spraind his ankl in thees. These wack" are just plain ignorant. Following their logic, the Kobe VI's shouldn't be good shoes either coz Kobe sprained his ankle in them too (which obviously, is not the case).

I've heard the 8 PS' are great. I've never worn a Nike shoe in over 8 years due to my ortho saying so, but nevertheless, I've heard great things about it. Forefoot Zoom + Heel Max Air is widely praised as an awesome cushioning set-up. You don't want your forefoot to be mushy, as that would make you slower when pushing off your foot, thus the firmer, thinner Zoom, and your heels need some plush when landing, thus the Max Air. However, some people are saying still that the Zoom in these were kinda mushy, lessening the response time, but it still didn't affect their satisfaction with it.

As for me, well, exclusively adidas for years now. The best pairs I've ever owned from them that were high-tops were my beloved Supernatural Creators and my new favorite, the adiZero Rose 1.5s. They are amazingly low to the ground, but still don't give up too much cushioning. In face, they feel great while landing or toe off, despite the lack of anything like Zoom or Max. adiPrene does the job very well for me. PureMotion is also the best thing adidas has done in terms of basketball for me. Those pods you see on the outsole? They're placed on the parts of your feet that usually absorb the most impact or touch the ground most. The segmented layout focused on those areas also allow for great flexibility and aid in your foot's natural movement, so in a way, these are corrective shoes too. Sprintskin is pretty good. It's a combo of mesh + a rubber webbing which gives unbelievable comfort and support. The Sprintframe (the heel cup) does a very good job locking down the heel and allowing minimal to no foot movement at all. By far the best shoe I've ever owned.

I hope this big post didn't scare ya away from the site, buddy. Just tried to give my 2 cents worth here and help ya out. Welcome to ISH too.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #12
OnlyChanceToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

Wow, thanks for the detailed post. I really appreciate you putting forth the time. You are absolutely correct, a shoe needs to be comfortable and fit perfectly. I found a shoe I loved in the low hyperdunks and stuck with them for a while but nike is making them more and more difficult to find. Now I'm trying to collect as much info as possible to make a better decision than I did when I impulsively bought the reeboks. I haven't worn adidas since the tmac days but that was years ago. I REALLY like what i see coming from them this coming year and wouldn't mind waiting to check those shoes out. You seem to know a lot about the specific components of shoes do you know much about what adidas has coming out with their new line? I know they are changing a lot of their technology and do you think its going to be an improvement? I will have to check out the rose 1.5s too if you say they play close to the ground. that is definitely a quality i value more in a shoe now that I have tried something outside of the hyperdunks.

do you know much about kobes? if so what differences there are between them and the hyperdunks i know they are fairly similar. the differences in durability between the two? I know you said you don't wear nikes and this would all be what you have heard.

Thanks again!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #13
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

No problem, man. You look like a good, reasonable poster and I'd def wanna help ya out. The hypebeast/fanboy types, well, not so much.

Anyway, from what I read, the VI's are still pretty much the favorite shoe of the mass of basketball players who collect/buy newer shoes. They stick with the series' tradition of light, comfortable, and responsive. There have been complaints though of initial heel slippage and some break-in time required but the pros overpower the two cons.

And I don't know but I thought I'd just share. My really good friend collects a lot of shoes, especially these Nike basketball ones, and I tried his Hyperdunks and Kobe IV's before. I found myself trusting the IV more, despite my constant fear of rolling my ankle due to having a bad one 1 years ago and another one 2 months ago. I felt more supported in the IV and the traction was simply amazing, and it was a very dusty cement court we played in. The Lunarfoam that time (only featured in the IV's. The V's and VI's have Zoom now) was almost dead coz they were my friend's go to shoes, but it was still very comfortable and didn't hurt when I did any toe-offs or landings. The succeeding Kobes are said to simply be improved versions of each so I wouldn't be afraid of investing in a pair. I'd probably go for the V though. Zoom is supposed to be more responsive than the Lunarfoam in the IV so that's already a plus for me. And on the V, it's full forefoot Zoom (not sure about the heel anymore), compared to just the Zoom bag in the innermost metatarsal (that part just before your big toe). It's said to have the least favorable traction of the low-cut Kobe's though, but I guess that's a small trade-off for the Zoom.

As for adidas, their current campaign I believe is aimed at striving to make shoes lighter but still have optimal support. Robbie Fuller, one of the adidas basketball head honchos, said that about the Crazy Lights. He wants them to be the lightest ever, but they won't go to the point where the minimalism with the parts provides less support for the foot than what is needed. The coming releases though don't have PureMotion anymore, which I'm sad about. PureMotion is really such a great thing. They said it's coming back for the second half of the next season though so I still have faith. The upper of the Crazy Lights is called "Sprintweb" which is the next generation Sprintskin (found on the adiZero Rose and Beast series). I honestly think the Sprintweb could work, but with the recent injuries to Rose and Collisson, they might want to put that back on the drawing board. I know I said you can sprain yourself in any shoe, that's true, but as a precautionary measure, I believe they should.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
OnlyChanceToWin

Alright man thanks. I think I am going to check out the Kobe Vs, Kobe VIs, and the Rose 1.5s. I wish it was possible to rent basketball shoes for a week and try them out lol. unfortunately I don't have any friends that wear my size or any of the shoes I am interested in.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
OnlyChanceToWin

Have your friends made a comparison of the durability between the kobe V and VI? and does the V provide significantly more protection for the top of the foot it looks like it would. And I saw pictures of a low Rose 1.5 online but aren't sure if they are available yet? Do you know anything about that. I know I sound like I favor nike quite a bit but it is more of the style of shoe I am comfortable with and one of the only companies to have a couple of different low models.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: