Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default OT: question about The Wire last night

maybe i missed it but wtf was beating that kids ass? I forget his name but the one who snitched and was holed up in his house with his mom with bruises all over his face?

Everytime they showed him he looked fresh from a beating but they didnt show who/how he was getting beatup. I figured it could've been his boy that was a boxer who turned thug but they only showed him beating that little boys ass.

I saw the episode before this one and i could've sworn i saw this whole episode and they never showed who/how he was getting beatup other than implying it was on his way to school. Anybody know?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Because that 'kid' took Namond's stash and lied about it. Michael was on to him and gave him the business.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Because that 'kid' took Namond's stash and lied about it. Michael was on to him and gave him the business.

nah i know why that little kid got beatup, that was awesome btw but i'm talkiing about the kid(like i said i cant remember his name) who snitched about telling someone to go meet a girl who then got killed. They just kept showiing him in his house all beatup with the police outside watching his house but didnt show how/who was beating him up.

I guess we're supposed to assume hes getting his ass kicked by everyone for being a snitch? unless i missed something last nigvht
Old 12-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

In one scene, Marlo had already put the word out on Randy being a snitch. So I guess it spreaded around quick.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bodie's boy Lil Kev went to Marlo after he was locked up & questioned about Lex's murder. Lil Kev said nothing but he knew who said something to police because the only person who knew he sent Lex up the alley to meet Chris and Snoop was Randy. Because he's the one that told Randy to do it. So when Lil Kev got released, he went back to the corner...Bodie told him to check with Marlo because it might look suspect he was M.I.A for awhile. He said just tell Marlo he was locked up for awhile, nothing major. Bodie didnt think Marlo would be a cold hearted mofo and do Lil Kev dirty for being straight up. So Lil Kev told Marlo cops asked about the Lex murder and he told him he said nothing. Then revealed that the only person who knew about Lex being sent up the alley was "RAndy". Chris, Marlo's muscle was puzzled and asked why Lil Kev didnt do it since they told HIM. Lil Kev said he just did it that way to further push him away from any wrongdoing.

As Lil Kev started to leave from Marlo spot Marlo knodded to his goons and they gripped up Lil Kev and threw him in the back of the truck. Then Marlo told Snoop to spread the word about that Randy is a snitch. Word spread around and Randy been getting harrassed and getting the cold shoulder for being a snitch. He got beat up in front of the school but Mike helped and whupped some ass. But Randy took a loss. So each day Randy gets harrassed until he has to leave school. And the white cop "Herc" is the punk ass mofo who gave up Randy during that questioning of Lil Kev. All because Herc wanted to pin something on Marlo and get that camera back that is getting him in serious trouble.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Herc is one dumbass cop. He reminds me of a lot of cops I've been around. Only good for roughing guys up on the streets, but no smarts whatsoever.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #7
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Bodie's boy Lil Kev went to Marlo after he was locked up & questioned about Lex's murder. Lil Kev said nothing but he knew who said something to police because the only person who knew he sent Lex up the alley to meet Chris and Snoop was Randy. Because he's the one that told Randy to do it. So when Lil Kev got released, he went back to the corner...Bodie told him to check with Marlo because it might look suspect he was M.I.A for awhile. He said just tell Marlo he was locked up for awhile, nothing major. Bodie didnt think Marlo would be a cold hearted mofo and do Lil Kev dirty for being straight up. So Lil Kev told Marlo cops asked about the Lex murder and he told him he said nothing. Then revealed that the only person who knew about Lex being sent up the alley was "RAndy". Chris, Marlo's muscle was puzzled and asked why Lil Kev didnt do it since they told HIM. Lil Kev said he just did it that way to further push him away from any wrongdoing.

As Lil Kev started to leave from Marlo spot Marlo knodded to his goons and they gripped up Lil Kev and threw him in the back of the truck. Then Marlo told Snoop to spread the word about that Randy is a snitch. Word spread around and Randy been getting harrassed and getting the cold shoulder for being a snitch. He got beat up in front of the school but Mike helped and whupped some ass. But Randy took a loss. So each day Randy gets harrassed until he has to leave school. And the white cop "Herc" is the punk ass mofo who gave up Randy during that questioning of Lil Kev. All because Herc wanted to pin something on Marlo and get that camera back that is getting him in serious trouble.

thx, good f'iin rundown I must've missed that 2nd part since i dont remember Mike whoopin ass iin front of a school other than last night on that lil boy.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #8
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Beautiful buildup by the way. In the preview, they showed the older kids confronting Mike and Randy, and Mike saying "I ain't standing wit no snitch" and making you believe he was turning his back. When in the actual scene he slipped off his pack and cold c0cked the dude and start dispensin some serious whoop ass. Mike is a straight up ganksta. Hate to see him going down the path he's going now. This season's Wire is one of my fave of all-time.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
thx, good f'iin rundown I must've missed that 2nd part since i dont remember Mike whoopin ass iin front of a school other than last night on that lil boy.

Here is the scene (crap quality, might be better, gotta search;i didnt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHtq6NOG_3M
Old 12-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Beautiful buildup by the way. In the preview, they showed the older kids confronting Mike and Randy, and Mike saying "I ain't standing wit no snitch" and making you believe he was turning his back. When in the actual scene he slipped off his pack and cold c0cked the dude and start dispensin some serious whoop ass. Mike is a straight up ganksta. Hate to see him going down the path he's going now. This season's Wire is one of my fave of all-time.

Mike is my 2nd favorite character...Omar first.

Mike is that dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yl9DcbMkPE

All he didnt say was "phuck outta here!"

I used to like Slim Charles but he doesnt have much of a role anymore. My fav scene from him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzuHpzSURPo

Last edited by GOBB : 12-04-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
Smokee
Banned

What gets me is the acting is so believable, and these are actors you've never heard of or seen anywhere before but do a better job than anyone already famous they could find in hollywood. I live right between Baltimore and D.C. so its also cool to hear alot of local references or parallels to whats going on in local politics. That guy that always says "ya feel me", i think its Omar's boy has some classic lines. Like when he was telling that pawn shop fat dude not to think about turning on him, his **** just sounds right and i dont think anyone could play a thug like that better. I wish i can remember what exactly he said to the pawn shop owner because that **** was sick. Even after, that other dude was like "you trust him" and he was like "i trust his fear"

Yeah its definitely the one show i look forward to every week.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Mike is my 2nd favorite character...Omar first.

Mike is that dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yl9DcbMkPE

All he didnt say was "phuck outta here!"

I used to like Slim Charles but he doesnt have much of a role anymore. My fav scene from him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzuHpzSURPo

ii'll check these out when i get home, my work comp cant handle this
Old 12-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #13
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didnt read any of the posts, because i dont wanna be spoiled, since im gonna start watching this show

but someone gimme a quick rundown of wut its like, how does it compare to the sopranos and the shield (two shows that i love)
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
i didnt read any of the posts, because i dont wanna be spoiled, since im gonna start watching this show

but someone gimme a quick rundown of wut its like, how does it compare to the sopranos and the shield (two shows that i love)

its its own show. I cant think of anything to compare it to since it isnt all about the cops catching criminals like the Shield, or rural living mafia doing their thing. They'll switch from the criminals doing their thing, to the cops, to the bums, to the politicians, and show them coincide. ITs more or less about Baltimore inner city life, probably exxagerated, but hell if i know
Old 12-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

The female "Snoop" is from Baltimore. She did 6yrs. The guy who came up with the story is a former Baltimore cop. Also think much of behind the scenes crew has ties/relations so thats why it comes across as believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

Sopranos gives you a perspective from the mafia (dunno how accurate it is) and TheWire gives you a perspective of the urban community. Deals with drugs, violence, poverty, politics, education. Each seasons brings a new tie. Example Season 2 the Docks dealt with the suppliers aka The Greeks. The ones who get the drugs and distribute to the local drug heads in the city. Basically the "connect" to one of the drug kingpins in Baltimore. So you get a feel from that perspective how it gets in and so forth. How currupt the Docks can be with goods, shipments being offloaded and how it affects and relates to the inner city...and its not just a black thing.

Example Season 4 deals with education and politics. How school systems are set up so you get a look into why some schools simply fail kids. Also look into how politics works especially during election time.

And i say all that while they still maintain the drugs/violence aspect of it all.

So basically you're getting a taste of what its like you live and be apart of that world. You wanna know how people get strung out...wanna know who it affects. Wanna know how kids get recruited into the game, those who dont follow the rules/code. How drug kingpins rise, fall...so much. Great show.

Seasons 1,3 and 4 are my favorites. If you never saw it and want to get into it. Best chance is to start from the beggining or you're gonna be lost because it all ties into one another. You may not get who "Barkesdale crew" is if you watch Season 4. You might not understand why Wee Bey character is behind bars..."What did he do? who is he with?".

Maybe you can rip the seasons offline...i know they are online. But I'm a huge fan so I'm buying seasons 1,3 and 4 when it drops. Season 4 was ahhh.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: