Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What's your fitness goal?

Just curious. There's a lotta fitness threads on here but it's usually just one person asking a question and a bunch of people answering. But as guys interested in sports I'm assuming everyone has at least SOME kind of fitness goal they're working towards, whether its a hardcore commitment or just a casual goal. So what's everyone trying to reach? (Also note your height/weight and what your weight goal is, higher or lower)

Getting skinny?
Building muscle?
Gaining weight?
Toning up?
Better cardio?

Personally I'm just trying to add muscle. It's not really easy for me because I don't have the $$ to eat 3 solid meals a day (I do use my protein shakes though), and I don't really have access to a lot of equipment other than my iron gym (pullups and stuff), a treadmill and some free weights. I think I'm doing pretty good for someone who's only been working out seriously for about 2 years of my life, but I want to be a lot bigger. Right now I'm 5'9 and about 187. I wanna hit 200 by year's end.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What's your fitness goal?

i just want to add 5 pounds of muscle.

I'm around 5'11 and 146 right now. so I think 155 pounds would be perfect for me and 5 pounds of muscle would definitely take me there.

my goal is try to reach 6ft but that has nothing to do with this lol.

i guess i would like to be more cut and vascular

Last edited by heyhey : 01-06-2011 at 03:05 PM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i'm 5'11 155 and i'd like to add about 15 pounds of muscle. i could tone up a bit too. i'm pretty thin but i'm not very cut. i really wanna be able to dunk by the end of the year.

edit: hey b-low, how are the protein shakes working for you? i was thinking of getting some and seeing how they are. any recommendations?
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iam trying to lose weight iam 5'9 180 right now but started at 190.So for now iam trying to get to 175 or until i can see alot of my belly fat gone then iam going to work myself up to 185.

Iam just like you about the at home gym.I have two 25 pound dumbells,10 pound medicine ball,exercise bike, perfect pushup and some big ass rubber bands for core stuff( have no idea what they are called)
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Hopefully Hateraid can come and elaborate and correct me if necessary, but from the little I've read about getting in shape in general is that "toning up" is a bit of a misnomer.

I didn't mean to nitpick your thread B-Low. You know you're my homie. That just kind of stood out.

But anyway to answer the question my goal is to be shirtless at the beach and get looks from the women folk.

So that's weight loss coupled with compound lifts (I think) and some cardio sprinkled in. Oh and I'm gonna try strongman training this year.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
edit: hey b-low, how are the protein shakes working for you? i was thinking of getting some and seeing how they are. any recommendations?

Hard to say really. I mean like people have said they don't do anything EXTRA, I just use them to make up for the fact that I barely get to eat a lot of protein in most of my meals. I'm a lot bigger than i was say a year ago but I don't know how much of that to attribute to the shakes and stuff, vs. how much is simply from working out.

I just use the basic Wal-Mart six-star stuff. You'd have to ask Hateraid about which kind works best. He's always talking about getting stuff online that costs as much as I make in a week

Quote:
I didn't mean to nitpick your thread B-Low. You know you're my homie. That just kind of stood out.

lol it's all good. I just listed "toning up" cuz it's one of the things people usually use to describe what they're tryin to go. Didn't know how many people here know the specifics of working out so I just used general terms
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Right now I'm 5'9 and about 187. I wanna hit 200 by year's end.

I'm trying to do the exact opposite. I'm 5'9/5'10 and I wanna hit 187 by year's end or hopefully spring's end
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Just curious. There's a lotta fitness threads on here but it's usually just one person asking a question and a bunch of people answering. But as guys interested in sports I'm assuming everyone has at least SOME kind of fitness goal they're working towards, whether its a hardcore commitment or just a casual goal. So what's everyone trying to reach? (Also note your height/weight and what your weight goal is, higher or lower)

Getting skinny?
Building muscle?
Gaining weight?
Toning up?
Better cardio?

Personally I'm just trying to add muscle. It's not really easy for me because I don't have the $$ to eat 3 solid meals a day (I do use my protein shakes though), and I don't really have access to a lot of equipment other than my iron gym (pullups and stuff), a treadmill and some free weights. I think I'm doing pretty good for someone who's only been working out seriously for about 2 years of my life, but I want to be a lot bigger. Right now I'm 5'9 and about 187. I wanna hit 200 by year's end.

I started P90X, started at 242.5 pounds at 6'1". My goal weight is 200. And I want to be more tone than muscular with a slight six pack. Right now I'm down to 216.1 and it's a noticeable difference. Rightnow I'm doing the Lean Version of P90X which uses more cardio with shoulder/arms/abs then legs/back/abs workouts. If you ever do P90X I highly recommend doing the Yoga. Some of that shit is hard, but it increases you're balance and flexibility so much along with stamina on holding positions.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

6'4" 185-190 lbs 19 y.o really just started to lift weighs on a regular basis for the first time this last fall. i really want to hit it hard this spring and summer and try to gain at least 10-15 pounds. my goal is to be 200+ by the start of next fall.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wanna get my bench press over 350.

Right now I can do around 330-340. Just adding 10-20 pounds is really hard.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

I'm trying to look like Greg Plitt, as far as abs.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

6% body fat at 10% currently....
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
6% body fat at 10% currently....

And it starts. . .
Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

I'm 6'1, about 175. Pretty lean. This year I want to bulk up a bit and shooting for 10 more pounds of muscle.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #15
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To work out and be aware of every single muscle in my body that I have never used before by using natural resistance and light weights. Also I wanna finally dunk, shits been a long time coming. If I hadn't messed up my knee I'd be putting it through by now. I'm back to grabbing rim with relative ease so it can only go uphill from now. I'm 5'9 160, moderately athletic build and I'm pretty comfortable with my body, its about being healthy well into old age for me.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: