Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What's your fitness goal?

I'm 6'1, 190. I'd like to lose 10 lbs.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trying to go from 6'0 130 to 6'0 150-155 all muscle. Right now probably not an ounce of fat on me, I lift every other day got cut arms and abs all that but too skinny/weak on the soccer field and on the basketball court. Not sure what happened but lost quite a bit of weight over the past year and now finding it really hard to gain back. 3 weeks ago I was 130, now I'm up to 135 and it's 5 pounds of muscle gained so I guess that's some good progress can't expect to gain 5 pounds of muscle per day or something. Hopefully I can get to 140 in a month or so and keep going from there. I play soccer and/or basketball or do cardio and leg weights on the days in between lifting upperbody. Man I shoulda kept track of my weight more the past year or so I would never be in this predicament if I knew how much I was losing because gaining is hard as a mother ****er.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
indiefan24
Banned

indiefan24 is considered somewhat coolindiefan24 is considered somewhat cool

I'm 5' 8" and 150 lbs and I would like to break 5 in the mile again
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
NoEasy9
Banned

NoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation hereNoEasy9 has a near all-star reputation here

Trying to go back to my fit days...

Bench 185-200 range is my goal at the end of the 2011 year. I am pretty content with my squat, dead lift, power clean, push press, etc. stats. I have strong legs, but I want my upper body to be just as strong. When I played football I wasnt even able to bench 185, but I want to get that goal done for the sake of my ego and for the sake of accomplishing something.

That is my goal as far as lifting. My goal is to get my weight back to 175-180 which was my weight during my fit days.
NoEasy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #20
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I need to add muscle and lose at least 10% body fat.

In terms of my weight I don't really care what I weigh as long as it's lean mass.

I haven't worked out in about a year so my body really has gone to shit.

Last edited by step_back : 01-06-2011 at 04:48 PM.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trying to get a sixpack. It's especially tough because I never did stomach work beforejust weights and some running.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

6'0-6'1 and 160 lbs right now. Wanna get up to 170 within the next few months and 180 by the time the summer is over.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #23
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a cardio guy. I set a goal awhile back to run a 5k, and I did it this past October. I'd like to do another or perhaps even a 10k/half marathon. I just love the feeling of running, with my heart beating fast, getting in that rythym, and sweating. I hate running on a treadmill, so I'll run outside, regardless of how cold it is.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #24
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Over 200 pounds at 15-18% bodyfat.

Basically, I want to be big and strong.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #25
Slam13
Banned

Slam13 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

5'10 , 168 lbs, age 19, would like to lose 10 pounds and improve my bench press from 165 lbs to 200 lbs.

That's the goal for 2011.

Last edited by Slam13 : 01-06-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Slam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
Slam13
Banned

Slam13 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Trying to go from 6'0 130 to 6'0 150-155 all muscle. Right now probably not an ounce of fat on me, I lift every other day got cut arms and abs all that but too skinny/weak on the soccer field and on the basketball court. Not sure what happened but lost quite a bit of weight over the past year and now finding it really hard to gain back. 3 weeks ago I was 130, now I'm up to 135 and it's 5 pounds of muscle gained so I guess that's some good progress can't expect to gain 5 pounds of muscle per day or something. Hopefully I can get to 140 in a month or so and keep going from there. I play soccer and/or basketball or do cardio and leg weights on the days in between lifting upperbody. Man I shoulda kept track of my weight more the past year or so I would never be in this predicament if I knew how much I was losing because gaining is hard as a mother ****er.
You are really skinny...

There is a guy in my class who is also 6'0 and 130 or maybe even less.
Slam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #27
wheyhigh
Banned

wheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
And it starts. . .
lol

i'll be honest

i'm 5'11 and weigh in at 240...i'd like to go down to 200. i can still jump and run fine. i play basketball regularly but i shouldn't be so heavy. i need to get back to lifting...in hs i would hit the weights hard, not much motivation once you are out of school.
wheyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #28
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm 5'9 and 150 lbs right now.

Since October i put 10lbs of muscle without shakes, just lifting regullary.
I think i need to put more muscle, mainly in my upper body .. my arms are fine but i need to strenght my chest and my back.
We are without a nutritionist, so .. can someone advise me a shake or some protein stuff to make me better?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation

i just wanna be able to dunk off tips.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #30
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eh, I'd like to add 5 or 10 pounds of muscle. I have NEVER liked lifting. Basically I don't give a shit about pure strength; what matters to me is what girls like to see (that sounded so ****ing gay).
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: