Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #16
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone else frustrated?

^^^LOL. I believe Yung DW was replying to Xaio, AKA the disgruntle Jazz fan, not you.

Last edited by DeronMillsap : 01-16-2011 at 03:43 PM.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #17
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I forgot I was a worthless troll here. What exact point here that I made was retarded?

It was a fact that in the locker room after a few games from the KFAN guys on the radio, that Deron was a bit frustrated with how the Jazz were playing (home and road). I think some were expecting more out of Al Jefferson and that's why some people are disappointed in him. I think he's shown that he's a 16 and 9 guy basically which is fine by me.

Maybe the title was misleading, but it was a bit frustrating during late December, and a few games in early January where we weren't playing very good basketball at all, overreaction maybe. The inconsistency that was shown in late December is what's really hurting us, if we could have a good bit of consistency every game we could be contending for the top seed.

That post wasn't directed to you. It was directed on Xiao the most wothless piece of crap I've ever debated against.

I like you =X
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #18
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

The fact that AL has improved in nearly all the aspects of his game outside of scoring has been great for me. I never thought he could be this willing of a passer and this much better of a defender.

However his post game isn't looking close to 100%. I'd love to see him spend time with Mchale this offseason to get back to the array of post moves he had.

Again that post before wasn't directed at you I respect your opinion.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #19
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

And I agree with you we were horrible in december. But our record at the end of december was much better than I predicted before the season started seing our schedule and how many new pieces we had.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
We're less dominate at home.

Less dominate? Try not dominate.

Quote:
Do you think Deron preferred if we were much more dominant at home but shitty on the road again?

Don't know? But the fact that they're finally winning on the road doesn't mean much since they don't scare teams at home anymore. Instead of being a top tier team they are still middle of the road as usual.

Quote:
Do you think we're gonna have homecourt against teams like the Lakers?

They were right were with the Lakers til the last week or so. So yeah if they were dominate at home still they would be up with the top teams in the league. Not that they could play with the Lakers or Spurs regardless.

Quote:
That's why we're 3rd in the west right now and why we're 27-13.

They're tied for 3rd in the west because Dirk and Caron Butler are hurt and Denver has been hurt and going through the Carmelo ordeal not to mention Portland and Houston's problems. Fact remains they go down in the first or second round with this team and are no serious threat. But as long as they make the playoffs who cares? Jerry!

Quote:
I think some were expecting more out of Al Jefferson and that's why some people are disappointed in him. I think he's shown that he's a 16 and 9 guy basically which is fine by me.

Do you know how much money this guy makes? Do you remember how many picks not to mention Koufos they gave up for him? 16 and 9 doesn't cut it. It might if he didn't play basically the same game as Milsap just not as good and he makes more than twice as much money. Made little sense to aquire him in the first place. Would have been a lot better off signing Matthews and acquiring a defensively minded center or two. They blew that one big time!

Quote:
if we could have a good bit of consistency every game we could be contending for the top seed.

But than they wouldn't be the beloved Jazz and Jerry wouldn't be the coach anymore.

Quote:
I'd love to see him spend time with Mchale this offseason to get back to the array of post moves he had.

I'd love to see him pay attention to Milsap who despite not "having the best post moves in the game" is a lot more effective. 48% is weak in their offense.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Notice how he brings all his pathetic arguments back to the front office and his hate on Sloan.

Why aren't you banned yet? If you were our Gm we'd have 20 wins. No Sloan, No Deron, No Al and just a team built around Millsap and Matthews that would be on the brink of relocation with record lows in attendance.

Go Shoot yourself please.

Last edited by Yung D-Will : 01-16-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #22
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My fault, I thought what you said was pointed at me, no worries.

But yeah, how exactly are you (Xiao) a fan of the Jazz if your always being negative towards the team? Don't get it.

I think Al is going to be a 16 and 9 guy this season, I think he would be a lot more effective if he would play with more power and authority then settling for push shots all the time which annoys me a bit.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 01-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
My fault, I thought what you said was pointed at me, no worries.

But yeah, how exactly are you (Xiao) a fan of the Jazz if your always being negative towards the team? Don't get it.

I think Al is going to be a 16 and 9 guy this season, I think he would be a lot more effective if he would play with more power and authority then settling for push shots all the time which annoys me a bit.

Normaly he does. His post game is much more versitle than he's shown this season. His Post game usally has so many moves and counter moves because of all the work he put in with Mchale after games and during practice it was so unpredictable that the defenders would never see what was coming. The Push shot for him however was like Hakeem's dream shake it was basiclly his go to move along with his other post moves however the push shot isn't nearly as effective when the defense isn't on edge like they usally are when you're using your complete post arsenal. But it never really got back to the way it was in 08 since he's only gotten back to being healthy around this season. But thats a big reason why I'd love to see him spend the summer of even the time off during the all star break with Mchale since he might be the only one who knows AL's game better than himself.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #24
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Notice how he brings all his pathetic arguments back to the front office and his hate on Sloan.

Who else is it going to go back to? They are the constants for the past 3 decades. The reason why things stay the same. To you that's a good thing to me it's not.

Quote:
Why aren't you banned yet?

You and what's his face have a lot more reason to be banned than me. I don't go around calling people nasty names because I don't like their opinions.

Quote:
If you were our Gm we'd have 20 wins.

Maybe? We might have won titles with Stockton and Malone though instead of just a string of playoff appearances. Woo Hoo!!!

Quote:
No Sloan, No Deron, No Al and just a team built around Millsap and Matthews that would be on the brink of relocation with record lows in attendance.

You're right there might not be a Deron because I wouldn't have let Mo Williams go for nothing.

You think Sloan is the only coach that could win with Stockton/Malone or a team led by Deron Williams? Superstars win. The NBA isn't brain surgery. The best coaches ala Phil Jackson and Pat Riley can put their teams over the top though.

What is Al giving the team that Milsap isn't giving the team other than making them pay the luxury tax and keeping the rest of their roster thin?

Matthews is looking like a pretty strong 2nd option right now in Portland where again you are seeing what a great coach does without a superstar or two to carry them.

Quote:
Go Shoot yourself please.

And I should be banned? ROTFLMFAO!!!

Quote:
how exactly are you (Xiao) a fan of the Jazz if your always being negative towards the team? Don't get it.

How is having a different opinion always being negative? I'm not the one that's bagged on Hayward, Miles, Tag etc over the years.

Quote:
I think he would be a lot more effective if he would play with more power and authority then settling for push shots all the time which annoys me a bit.

I think he'd be more effective on a team that doesn't already have a guy that fills his role better in the same line-up.

Quote:
Normaly he does. His post game is much more versitle than he's shown this season. His Post game usally has so many moves and counter moves because of all the work he put in with Mchale after games and during practice it was so unpredictable that the defenders would never see what was coming. The Push shot for him however was like Hakeem's dream shake it was basiclly his go to move along with his other post moves however the push shot isn't nearly as effective when the defense isn't on edge like they usally are when you're using your complete post arsenal. But it never really got back to the way it was in 08 since he's only gotten back to being healthy around this season. But thats a big reason why I'd love to see him spend the summer of even the time off during the all star break with Mchale since he might be the only one who knows AL's game better than himself.

Who cares how versatile or how many post and counter post moves or how unpredictable he is? Milsap is much more effective with what I guess you'd call his `limited` arsenal.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #25
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As soon as they made me comfortable they brought me back to frustration with a loss to the Wizards.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #26
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess my post from 2 or 3 weeks ago is proving true again on this road trip. No excuse to be losing to the Wizards and Nets if you're truly going to be one of the NBA's elite.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #27
DeronMillsap
Banned

Inexcusable loses if you think about it. Mavs are railing. Thunder B2B loses to Lakers and Nuggets.

Gotta beat the beatable teams.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #28
DeronMillsap
Banned

I'm gonna try to create the Celtics-Jazz game thread before a Celtics fan does to see if we can get back on track.

Utah is 6-0 in game threads I created.

I'll try to get the Lakers-Jazz game one too next week.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

I hate to say it, but Xiao Yao You actually is making some good points in his posts.

Maybe it's not Sloan's fault, but he desperately needs to make some changes to this team.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #30
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Maybe it's not Sloan's fault, but he desperately needs to make some changes to this team.

What makes you think he will change anything after all these years? He does what he does. He's not flexible. Playoff spot still looks good with Portland and Denver behind them by quite a few games and the problems they are having. What more can you ask for but another playoff berth from the old man?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: