Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Eminem's album was the top selling album of 2010

3x platinum

So even for people saying he's not the same or not as good, people are still buying.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Eminem's album was the top selling album of 2010

Wow, there are really too feggets on this planet
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
Wow, there are really too feggets on this planet
Who, your two dads?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Who, your two dads?

Nah, they didn't buy eminem's crap.
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't really like the album but good for him. Glad to see. Him bounce back from his previous flop.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not surprising, every Eminem record sells huge no matter the quality. Though this one was particularly appealing to a lot of folks who have followed his arc because it was the redemption album that sort of tied up the loose strings. And it was a really genuine album, no doubt. My love of Eminem has been waning for a while and I think it's finally bottomed out. I listen to him more out of nostalgia at this point. 'Recovery' wasn't groundbreaking, but I did appreciate it, I just don't really have any urge to revisit it. Ah well.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

I'm not gonna say that em is the same dude he was 10 years ago because clearly, he's not. BUT, if he was in the same spot, the same frame of mind, right now at age 38 as he was when he first gained his popularity in his mid 20's it'd be a problem. I think he's right where he should be at this stage and an artists shelf life can only really be so long.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

I feel like people always have to play down his new shit by comparing it to his old shit, like oh its just not as good as old eminem. While that could be true or whatever judging this album as a single entity on its own without comparing it to his previous work I think its a pretty good album. Def better then any other rap album that came out recently, he writes meaningful lyrics, has a unique flow and outstanding word play delivered with strong emotion. Simply put, its good music. he has been at it for quite a while and has it down, just cus you don't like his voice or something doesn't mean its bad.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
I feel like people always have to play down his new shit by comparing it to his old shit, like oh its just not as good as old eminem. While that could be true or whatever judging this album as a single entity on its own without comparing it to his previous work I think its a pretty good album. Def better then any other rap album that came out recently, he writes meaningful lyrics, has a unique flow and outstanding word play delivered with strong emotion. Simply put, its good music. he has been at it for quite a while and has it down, just cus you don't like his voice or something doesn't mean its bad.

Agree on all points. Repped

Again, listen to his verse in "No Love" and PLEASE try to honestly tell me this dude doesn't have it anymore. He absolutely destroys everyone's GOD Lil Wayne on that song (just like he does in their other songs together like Drop the World and Forever) but people still praise Wayne as the hottest rapper alive and Em as finished. Is he as good as he was 10 years ago? No. But then nobody's as good as they were 10 years ago. Not even any of us lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No Love was one of my favourites from the new album too. That, Almost Famous, Space Bound, maybe the bonus track. There were some good tunes there.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

It's a good album. Very good album. Much better than that crap Relapse. He proved a lot of people wrong and got a lot of people back with Recovery, and I'm glad to see that.

Recovery has a lot of good songs. Like B-Low said, his verse in No Love is freaking sick, and it is. On Fire, Going Through Changes, Not Afraid, Seduction, Space Bound, 25 to Life and Love the Way You Lie are all awesome songs.

Wonder when his next album is gonna drop.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
wheyhigh
Banned

wheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected posterwheyhigh is a pretty well-respected poster

i remember when the album was leaked people on ish were bananas about space bound, for a good reason, it's sickkkkk
wheyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: