Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: More dead birds...in Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama
even Manu caught something on his camera phone and you know he isn't trying to pull a hoax.

He also killed a bat with his own hands. hmmm....
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What the media fails to mention is that this is not uncommon and has happened before.

This is similar to the shark attack craze of a few years ago. The sharks weren't conspiring to attack like crazy during that Summer. They've been biting ankles, legs, and buttocks off of people for centuries. The hype was just a result of the extensive and sensationalized media coverage.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
What the media fails to mention is that this is not uncommon and has happened before.

This is similar to the shark attack craze of a few years ago. The sharks weren't conspiring to attack like crazy during that Summer. They've been biting ankles, legs, and buttocks off of people for centuries. The hype was just a result of the extensive and sensationalized media coverage.

Apples and oranges.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #19
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Quote:

Cite examples where this has occurred before. I keep reading this excuse but i would like some documentation or links or anything to support it. If THIS(as in multiples of incidents within days of each other and all within a small radius) has happened before it would be front page news just like it is now.

Bird flu is not remotely the same thing.
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
Slam13
Banned

Slam13 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Lol ... shark attack craze is truly the making of media, but in this case of the OP, the mainstream media isn't really even covering it, which makes it even more interesting.
Slam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Apples and oranges.

How so?

Read this article. It's happened before, but in this day and age, everything is online or on television within the hour.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_804591.html
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
Slam13
Banned

Quote:
How so?

Read this article. It's happened before, but in this day and age, everything is online or on television within the hour.

TLDR, cite the instances it has happened before. And this is not normal in any way ...... this is not a natural thing I can sure tell you that.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #23
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation

Quote:
How so?

So wouldn't any and all fish as well as birds flying and swimming through these zones afterward suffer the same fate? If they are indeed cold zones? That doesn't make sense to me unless they are finding everything swiming through those zones dead which i don't believe they are.

I don't care what they say, this is not normal and i'd bet on it. Besides they're just throwing stuff out there to explain it but they aren't exactly sure either until all of the dead stuff are studied i'd assume. I mean the firsrt article i read was "Preliminary studies showed the birds died from blunt force trauma". LOL they fell from the sky....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/03/ark...ment-123901497

thats where our scientists are at right about now.

Last edited by Naruto-sama : 01-07-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sure humans had nothing to do with it.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #25
Slam13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm sure humans had nothing to do with it.
I on the other hand am 100% sure humans had something to do with it.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #26
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If more birds and fish die later this week then I'll start freaking out... but for now I don't really care.

still very interesting that something like this could even happen.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #27
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Technology Is the Earth's Weakness.

You Do The Math.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #28
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-sama
Cite examples where this has occurred before. I keep reading this excuse but i would like some documentation or links or anything to support it. If THIS(as in multiples of incidents within days of each other and all within a small radius) has happened before it would be front page news just like it is now.

Bird flu is not remotely the same thing.

Have you heard of 'red tide'?

link

http://www.gulfpreserve.org/redtide/research.htm

http://www.pices.int/publications/sc.../HAB_Japan.pdf

http://feis.fra.affrc.go.jp/hcaphp/akashio_e.htm
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #29
Slam13
Banned

This still has nothing to do with birds , which is the bigger story here.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #30
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam13
This still has nothing to do with birds , which is the bigger story here.

It points to the possibility it isn't aliens, man made sinister chemicals, etc and to the possibility that it could just as easily be some type of natural occurrence. People should keep an open mind for now.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: