Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #16
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Underrated vocal performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Sick. I'm all about Radiohead. I've been really getting into them over the past year.

I used to HATE them.

Seriously.

I was a hard rock, fist pumping, beer guzzling, head banging guy and I thought they were for f@gs.

They slowly grew on me as I matured both musically and personally.

But it wasn't until I started to produce and understand more about music that I became a huge fan. I honestly think they're the best artist of our generation bar none.

The ability to completely change styles and do it so well, is something that is tremendously underrated, and one of the main reasons most artists admire them so much.

But my favorite thing about Radiohead, is their ability to create moods like a great classical composer does, or some of the great artists from past generations. A silent room gets filled with intensity with a chord coming from the piano, something the great jazz musicians were great at.

Listen to Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and you'll get that same sense of energy by a single note. At times its chilling.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #17
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I used to HATE them.

Seriously.

I was a hard rock, fist pumping, beer guzzling, head banging guy and I thought they were for f@gs.

They slowly grew on me as I matured both musically and personally.

But it wasn't until I started to produce and understand more about music that I became a huge fan. I honestly think they're the best artist of our generation bar none.

The ability to completely change styles and do it so well, is something that is tremendously underrated, and one of the main reasons most artists admire them so much.

But my favorite thing about Radiohead, is their ability to create moods like a great classical composer does, or some of the great artists from past generations. A silent room gets filled with intensity with a chord coming from the piano, something the great jazz musicians were great at.

Listen to Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and you'll get that same sense of energy by a single note. At times its chilling.

I definitely know what you mean. I listened to Creep for the first time like three years ago and I'm just like, God, what's so incredible about this band?

Then I started getting more into music and understanding it. I had In Rainbows in my car playing for like a month straight. 'Weird Fishes Arpeggi' is incredible. Backup vocals.. just everything.

I'll have to check into some Miles Davis; I cant say I've explored too heavily.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #18
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I definitely know what you mean. I listened to Creep for the first time like three years ago and I'm just like, God, what's so incredible about this band?

Then I started getting more into music and understanding it. I had In Rainbows in my car playing for like a month straight. 'Weird Fishes Arpeggi' is incredible. Backup vocals.. just everything.

I'll have to check into some Miles Davis; I cant say I've explored too heavily.

Creep is okay, but you've seen how much they've changed since then.

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not a Jazz expert or aficionado, I actually just started getting into Jazz recently. I still need to learn a lot about Jazz, and there's still some forms of Jazz that I can't really get into.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #19
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Rick Astley actually had an incredible voice.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #20
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Saw the thread creator and the first thing I thought was 'It better not be any of the Beatles'.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #21
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

it's weird, whenever i think i've heard every good beatles song ever made, i'm proven wrong. thanks for sharing.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #22
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Saw the thread creator and the first thing I thought was 'It better not be any of the Beatles'.

thanks and thanks at Quizno.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 AM   #23
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
it's weird, whenever i think i've heard every good beatles song ever made, i'm proven wrong. thanks for sharing.

I'm like that as well.

I'm always discovering new Beatles songs. Songs I previously ignored or just didn't pay much attention too.

I used to skip this song all the time because I was never a Paul fan. I skip most of his songs, but for some reason today it really caught my attention.

And he RIPPED IT!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: