Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #16
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board
Default Re: Official Matt Barnes Injury Thread - Torn Meniscus

Barnes goes under the knife tomorrow morning.

Yahoo Sports
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes(notes) will have surgery Tuesday to repair torn cartilage in his right knee, an injury expected to sideline him for several weeks.

The Lakers announced the date of Barnes’ surgery Sunday night while hosting the New York Knicks. Team doctor Steve Lombardo will perform the surgery in Los Angeles.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
chris2010
Good High School Starter

chris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Get well soon matt. Were definitely going to need you come playoff time
chris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Worst part is he will miss a lot of live game action, that is vital in learning the triangle. I love his movement and ability to rebound also his defense and tenacity.

But I heard on the Telecast yesterday, that Jordan Farmar had the same procedure while with LA and he missed 6 weeks, I vaguely remember that.

Farmar is younger so he probably heals a little faster, I would put a conservative estimate as 6 weeks. Matt should be back, ready to play in time for 10 or so regular season games to get timing and rythm. That is a positive at least.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Such a blow!! Matt was playing well at times... I really love
how he always charges inside for rebounds when a shot goes up.

I think with the Allstar game coming up in LA, the Lakers want to
be on a winning streak. It's a lot easier being a host when the team
is happy....

Maybe knowing that the bench is a little less deep, others will
kick it up a notch. I'm glad to be rid of those 80 point games!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #20
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...ght-weeks.html

Looks like 8wks, LA Times, blog though, don't know how much factchecking the bloggers do.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tough blow, this is going to make Kobe play more minutes, which I am not happy with. I was happy with his season averages of mpg, but now its going to go up. He will be playing more 3. Luke may get a few more mpg, but I doubt he becomes a serious rotation player. Artest will need to step up his game to help alleviate this blow.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #22
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Tough blow, this is going to make Kobe play more minutes, which I am not happy with. I was happy with his season averages of mpg, but now its going to go up. He will be playing more 3. Luke may get a few more mpg, but I doubt he becomes a serious rotation player. Artest will need to step up his game to help alleviate this blow.

i agree with you totally! well said.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #23
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

so basically we have to rely on ron artest and luke walton (stephen a. smith voice) to play well or else kobe's minutes go up? ...yay...
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

hmm, really? How so?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #25
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
hmm, really? How so?

Kobe will see more time on the floor with Brown and Blake. Kobe already plays the 3 offensively, so its not a big change in that regard. But the added minutes, and playing with the reserves might be a big change.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers Los Angeles Lakers
.@Matt_Barnes22 underwent successful knee surgery this morning at the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic. He is expected to miss approximately 8 weeks.
52 minutes ago via twitter

Matt_Barnes22 Matt Barnes
Fresh outa surgery sitting in recovery, I'm ready to get to work. Lol. I'm ready to get home and take my a$$ to SLEEP. Yall have a good day
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #27
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Lakers Los Angeles Lakers
.@Matt_Barnes22 underwent successful knee surgery this morning at the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic. He is expected to miss approximately 8 weeks.
52 minutes ago via twitter

Matt_Barnes22 Matt Barnes
Fresh outa surgery sitting in recovery, I'm ready to get to work. Lol. I'm ready to get home and take my a$$ to SLEEP. Yall have a good day
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

you scooped me again!!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #28
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
you scooped me again!!

it's because i have a dog now... i have become an expert at scooping
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #29
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Farmer had an injury like this and came back early maybe Matt will too.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #30
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Farmer had an injury like this and came back early maybe Matt will too.

we sure hope so!!!!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: