Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far
Default Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan?

So I'm still really high on Jordan after another big game today (13 boards, 3 blocks). He looks amazing next to Blake and I'm not convinced Kaman will ever make it back to the starting line-up as a Clipper (he might be traded or come off the bench since Clippers have been playing well w/ Jordan).

On the other hand, Chandler has also been a surprise this season, although he's cooled off lately. In particular, the blocks haven't been there over the last several weeks.

Which would you rather have down the stretch?
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan?

i'm stashing jordan on my bench for the future. even if he dips a bit, i think he'll be a viable blocks/rebound producer for a long time.

last i heard kaman isn't close to returning
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
eeemmad
I airball my layups

eeemmad has an OK reputation so far

In the last 30 days, Jordan and Chandler are nearly identical in every statistical category except free throw % and Blocks. Although, if your looking at Centers the free throw percentage shouldn't be much of a concern and Jordan's blocking ability is tremendous. Simply said I'd go with Deandre Jordan.
eeemmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
barkleynash
Good High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

As long as Kaman is out, roll with Jordan. Once Kaman is back I'd take Chandler
barkleynash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #5
lakeshow2011
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lakeshow2011 has an OK reputation so far

I have both these dudes on my team and they are both somewhat inconsistent. Tyson Chandler is the more consistent player, as he is the main source of rebounding on the Mavs and doesn't play along side another big rebounder like Blake Griffin. However, if you're looking for blocks, Deandre has been averaging 3+ blocks a game over his last 5, so you might want to pick him up for that. If you already have one of them on your roster, and you have a player on your team that is expendable, I would recommend keeping both of them.
lakeshow2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
foutz
Banned

foutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jordin man
foutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #7
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

i'd drop jeff green for jordan. good move?
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #8
lakeshow2011

lakeshow2011 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
i'd drop jeff green for jordan. good move?

Deandre has dropped off alot and Tyson has been in and out of the lineup. Green has been struggling ALOT though in the last couple weeks, so I would say for the short-term that dropping Green for Jordan is an okay move.
lakeshow2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #9
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

short term Jordan, long term Chandler I'd say? Probably roll with Jordan either way due to upside and I think he'll start for the whole season Kaman or not (I believe he'll be out atleast another month and maybe dealt by then who knows) Upside is too much with Jordan, and for the record I don't own either player in any league.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
xoarob

xoarob has an OK reputation so far

Chandler
xoarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

go with Chandler. he is shooting a ridiculous 66% overall, 77% from the line and has been averaging about 14/10 with a block since January.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
YoungBronson

YoungBronson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life
So I'm still really high on Jordan after another big game today (13 boards, 3 blocks). He looks amazing next to Blake and I'm not convinced Kaman will ever make it back to the starting line-up as a Clipper (he might be traded or come off the bench since Clippers have been playing well w/ Jordan).

On the other hand, Chandler has also been a surprise this season, although he's cooled off lately. In particular, the blocks haven't been there over the last several weeks.

Which would you rather have down the stretch?
is chandlers consistency more valuable than Jordan's upside, i think so, jordan can occasionally have nights with virtually zero production, that rarely happens with chandler
YoungBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
The_LA_Blakers
KLove=overrated

The_LA_Blakers is considered somewhat coolThe_LA_Blakers is considered somewhat coolThe_LA_Blakers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBronson
is chandlers consistency more valuable than Jordan's upside, i think so, jordan can occasionally have nights with virtually zero production, that rarely happens with chandler

That's what I have been experiencing. Jordan was a steal for a while, but now teams seem to be trying to take him out of the game defensively, and it's shown in the W/L column as well. I just dropped him, actually.

Take chandler in a heartbeat. Better PG, better team, much better FT shooter, etc.
The_LA_Blakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: