Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #16
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Update on RIP

I suspect this is partly why Toronto is mentioned or rumored...

---

Reconciliation is a nice thought, but the Pistons and Hamilton are beyond that. The team has committed to making a playoff push behind Stuckey, Prince, rising rookie Greg Monroe and a resurgent Tracy McGrady. They thought they had a deal for Hamilton earlier this month, but New Jersey's sudden decision to pull out of the Anthony sweepstakes scuttled it. League sources say the Pistons have made it known Hamilton is available, with little more than an expiring contract and draft picks required as compensation.

Of course, all the talk in the world won't punch Hamilton's ticket out of town. Any number of contenders would love to add the 32-year-old Hamilton to their bench, but not if it means eating the last two years and up to $25 million on Hamilton's contract (the final year isn't fully guaranteed). And a buyout isn't happening, not with the Pistons reportedly in the middle of an exclusive 30-day negotiating window with billionaire Tom Gores to sell the team.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1CG9ES5CF
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Just Rumors but.. Would you bring Rip H or Tay P here to the Raptor?

I haven't heard anything or read anywhere about the Raptors being interested in any of the two. Also I don't see how you can derive that the Raptors are interested just because it is known league wide that Hamilton is available...
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #18
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just Rumors but.. Would you bring Rip H or Tay P here to the Raptor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
I haven't heard anything or read anywhere about the Raptors being interested in any of the two. Also I don't see how you can derive that the Raptors are interested just because it is known league wide that Hamilton is available...

I haven't heard anything about it either.. as it just wouldn't make sense. We have no reason to go after Prince or Rip.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #19
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
I haven't heard anything about it either.. as it just wouldn't make sense. We have no reason to go after Prince or Rip.

Prince has an expiring contract so that's a good reason to me. But there is absoldutely no reason to even express interest in Rip Hamilton.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Prince, Wilcox and Daye for Calderon and Barbosa
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: