Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2006, 12:47 AM   #16
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

thsi thread just gone turned up a notch.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #17
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Another ISH West Wing fan?

The first four seasons are the best thing I've ever seen on television. The last three aren't too shabby, either.

I've been watching Sorkin's new show - Studio 60 - it's alright. No West Wing, but you're not going to be able to duplicate that.

Yeah, the first 4 seasons were excellent, and even seasons 5-7 were better than most of the other programming on television at the time; there were even a few classics.

I've checked out Studio 60 but I haven't been able to get into it like I'd want to. I always find myself preoccupied right after Heroes with other things. I was watching some of it tonight then switched to league pass to check the games. I'll make a more concerted effort to catch a few episodes. The fact that it's Sorkin's show lends it instant credibility though.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #18
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
MaxFly - so Daybreak is pretty good? I had doubts about it. Thought it would be just a filler show until Lost comes back. I need to catch up though. How many episodes have there been already?

Yeah, it's a great show. The premise seems as if it's already been done (Groundhog Day and other similar shows), but so far, the plot has been ingenius. Without giving away too much, Taye Digg's character is being framed for murder and those close to him are in danger. The catch is that he is caught repeating the same day over and over, but the choices his character makes can have lasting consequences. Though everyone else resets, if he gets hurt one day, he stays hurt the next day. There's no reset on his health which makes things more meaningful for the viewer and a lot more difficult for him as he tries to figure out who's framing him, why, and why his day is repeating.

Definitely download the first episode and check it out. With a show like this, watching one episode after another is pretty easy because they tend to flow into eachother.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 AM   #19
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Missed like all of the episodes of Heroes, so I'm gonna wait until theres a torrent with every episode on it.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 AM   #20
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

The Sci-Fi channel had like a Heroes marathon last week. Who knows, they might do it again, stay tuned
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #21
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Ahaha damn so many plot twists this episode.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 AM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Actually, you can also watch episodes of Day Break at abc.com.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #23
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I actually got banned from another message board over this show. I was complaining that it moves too slowly, and some other members got upset. I didn't get a warning either, or an explanation afterwards.

But anyways, my complaint is the way they hype up every episode, but you don't even get to see each character in each episode. Example, tonight's episode didn't include Ted. There was an episode where Matt wasn't in it. There was one where we didn't hear from Jessica/Nicci. They keep making more and more "heroes" and the show progresses and yet they're still trying to give us an intimate knowledge of each of them.

It's a good show, it's picked up a little bit in the last three episodes, but it still annoys me.

Like last weeks episode. That should have been episode 1 or something. They break in the middle of the plotline, to give us a prequel? Talk about irritating. If I didn't have DVR cable, I wouldn't bother to stay up to watch the show the way they keep playing around with it.

Personally I'm a big fan of "Dexter" on Showtime. I think I'll start a thread about that.

But if you guys wanna have a plot conversation about Heroes, I'm up for it. I'm a lot more open minded about the show now that it's moving a little. Seems like the perfect time since there's a break until Jan 22 or something like that.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #24
Maximum310
High School JV MVP

Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far

You could see that her mustache in that really big pic of her...LOL...

What is it with all the good shows taking long breaks, splitting the season in half and essentially making 1 season 2?
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #25
g12affix
I airball my layups

g12affix has an OK reputation so far
Default RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
What is it with all the good shows taking long breaks, splitting the season in half and essentially making 1 season 2?

well at the end of the year because it is the holidays its common for networks to have shows go on hiatus so that everyone working on the shows get to enjoy the holidays.

it definitely is an interesting show and i wonder how everything ends up tying together. is Peter the human bomb? what secret does the Haitian have?
g12affix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #26
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
man tonights episode was ****ing sweet!! i cant believe they killed off hiro though , but it was kinda cool to reveal ando with powers. at least he's not a sidekick anymore. i wonder what happens in 2 months? cant wait.

What? That never happend.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #27
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
What? That never happend.
Duh, he's obviously trolling.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: